If you could thank any skaters, who and what would you say? | Golden Skate

If you could thank any skaters, who and what would you say?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been thinking that there are a few skaters that I would like to thank for numerous reasons.

And I'm sure you guys have skaters that you would like to thank for some reasons.

So which skaters would you like to thank and what for?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Thank you to Kim and Asada, for getting me into FS in 2010.

Thank you to Suzuki and the Yunakids, for getting me back into FS in 2012.

And thank you to everyone else, who convinced me to stay here.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Thank you, Yuna, for showing me how to be a humble, selfless person. Because of your genuine kindness and compassion on and off the ice, you inspired me to be a better person. Your attitude toward your own skating and your sportsmanship gave me a role model to follow in any competitive situation. Thanks for showing that the most beautiful quality in a human being is humility and empathy towards others. Thanks for showing me that no matter how much obstacles I face, I can overcome them - that one mistake is nothing in the light of what I can do.

And, of course, thanks for making me a better skater. Watching you gives me new ideas for choreography and expression; I always strive to interpret music with the same level of confidence and expressiveness, yet precision.

:eek::

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Thank you, Yuna, for showing me how to be a humble, selfless person. Because of your genuine kindness and compassion on and off the ice, you inspired me to be a better person. Your attitude toward your own skating and your sportsmanship gave me a role model to follow in any competitive situation. Thanks for showing that the most beautiful quality in a human being is humility and empathy towards others. Thanks for showing me that no matter how much obstacles I face, I can overcome them - that one mistake is nothing in the light of what I can do.

Pretty much sums up what I want to say too! :)
Thank you, Yuna! :love:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Thank you Carolina and Mao for sticking with the sport through your struggles and becoming even greater skaters and artists!

Thanks you Buttle and Lambiel for leading the new generation of choreographers with your fresh programs!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To Yuzuru Hanyu: Thank you for the way you skate on the ice. Graceful, effortless, and pure amazing. Because of that, I became a fan of you and you were the first figure skater I became a fan of. And that's what started me becoming a fan of figure skating. I also love how you're so perseverant. Last season you became the Olympic champion and unlike pretty much almost all Olympic champions, you decided that you were not going to take the season off because you found no reason to do so. I like that! And the ways you can make comebacks! Love them!

To Jason Brown: Thank you for your spirit and passion on the ice. I love how you draw us in by you having lots of fun on there. There's this spark in you that makes you special.
It's what made me become a fan of you. And plus your awesome personality. Interviews with you in it always leave me grinning like a idiot because your happiness and energy is so contagious! And you're so appreciative and humble.

To Kevin Reynolds: Thank you for trying to push limits. By be technically ambitious by attempting multiple quads in both short and free programs. Also thank you for staying out of the norm and pick rather unusual songs to skate to. Like AC/DC. And video game songs. You definitely have creativity in you to pick those because lots of skaters will go for more "traditional" songs and the ever dreaded warhorses. Also, you're somewhat of an inspiration for me. Because of you, I'm looking for unusual songs that can be cool to skate to for figure skating programs. And by unusual, I mean like for example the opening monologue for the 87th annual Oscars. And I even created a program to it in my head. Which leads me to my next point. Thank you for inspiring me in some way to create programs in my head. It started when I wanted to create a SP and FP for you to songs that I thought you would do really well skating to. So last summer, me and one of my internet buddies together come up with a SP and FP. It took a while because I had to learn the rules. But it was a terrific learning experience. 2nd favorite memory of summer 2014.

Layback11

Record Breaker
This is gonna sound so cheesy, but I'd like to thank the 2014 US Olympic Team for inspiring me to start skating again after three years away-special credit to Gracie, Meryl and Charlie, who were the main factors.

I'd like to thank Yulia Lipnitskaya for inspiring me to start my daily stretching regimen with her awesome flexibility!

To Elena Radionova, thank you for the unfiltered joy and happiness you bring in your skating and to everyone watching. You truly make skating a happier place!

To the Shibs, thank you for being such awesome, nice, funny people and generally great ambassadors for ice dance-you're almost the sole reason I kept watching ice dance after Meryl and Charlie retired, and that's a big deal because, now that I've stuck with it for a season, I love it more than I ever thought I would.

To three of the nicest skaters I've ever met-Mariah Bell, Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea-for being so nice to your fans (not to mention all the other ones who were super nice-these three just went above an beyond). Before I started meeting skaters at events, I always thought they were some special group of elites, but people like these-kind, gracious and surprisingly down-to-earth-made me realize that they're actual people, and it's really awesome that they were able to do that. There are still a lot of skaters I have yet to meet, but if they're all this awesome, I can't wait to!

That concludes my thanking session.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Thank you Savchenko/Szolkowy/Steuer for making me a big figure skating fan.

Thank you Yu na Kim, Carolina Kostner and Mao Asada for the sensational Sochi Free skate 2014.

Thank you Yu na Kim for most brillant skate of all time in Worlds SP 2009.

Thank you Pang/Tong and Shizuka Arakawa, Virtue/Moir and Stephane Lambiel for inspiring me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thankyou, Plushy, for inspiring me to be more than what I am.

Thankyou, Jason, for showing me that there's nothing wrong with being different.

Thankyou, Max, for the strength to stand defiant in the face of those who tell me I'm not good enough.

Thankyou, Joshua, for giving me courage to face down life's challenges.

Thankyou, Liza, for showing me that every setback gives the chance of a comeback.

Thankyou, Artur, for giving me the power to believe in myself.

Thankyou, all, for giving me joy.

Eloise

Rinkside
What a beautiful, uplifting thread this is!

I should thank each and every skater for going through their interminable training sessions, the pain and the injuries, the fear of performing, the many hours away from home. With their dedication and their hard work each one of them has provided us fans with so many joyful moments and beautiful memories.

Thank you Michelle Kwan for your elegance and your incredible commitment to this sport. Thank you for facing disappointment with utmost class. You may not have an OGM, but you have gained your spot among the greatest.

Thank you Sasha Cohen, because even one of your most flawed skates still lets your beautiful soul shine through. Thank you for those mesmerizing spins, for the softness of your skating, for expressing yourself on ice in such a memorable way.

Thank you G&G for their beauty and unison on ice and in particular thank you Katia, who showed us that life can keep on giving even when we are faced with unbearable pain.

Thank you Stephan Lambiel, for your artistry, for the marvellous programs you have created, for your ability to perform and to move the audience. Thank you because you truly are an artist on ice.

Thank you Yuna for your resilience and your courage, for the fire with which you attacked every jumps, for the freedom with which you performed and for the precision in interpreting the music. Thank you for believing in yourself and for the strength it takes to do so.

Thank you Mao for your sophistication, your smoothness, those marvellous bendy knees, the flow of your skating, for battling that triple axels, for not letting go, for accepting the pain and for being able to channel it in your marvellous performances. Thank you Mao for being such a fighter, a quiet but beautiful warrior. Figure skating is not the same without you.

Thank you Liza for this amazing comeback. For your fighting spirit, for the courage of going through the hardest moments, for the strength it takes to come back. Thank you for that flawless triple axel. Thank you for standing on that podium this year, you deserved it so much.

And finally thanks to my all-time favourite. Thank you Carolina. For creating pure beauty. For those performances that tasted of failure and triumph and everything that comes with them. For each and every fall. For the courage it took you to come back after Torino, after Vancouver, after every single defeat. For the doubts and for the fear, and for conquering those fears in Sochi. For that Ave Maria in the Sochi Team Event, not even your finest skate, but the one in which you let your journey shine through. I often think Schubert’s Ave Maria must have completed its vital cycle then, when you skated to it in complete unison with the music and with everyone and everything around it. That was a metaphysical moment.
Thank you Caro for showing me that true beauty comes from doubts and from fear, for accepting your fragility and for turning it into your greatest asset. Thank you for those moments in your performances that words are too poor to capture.
Thank you for this incredible journey.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, Todd & Paul for introducing me to many fine soundtracks and thereby expanding by CD collection exponentially.

chezzu

On the Ice
Thank you, Yuzuru, for teaching me that all hardships /can/ be overcome with sheer passion, determination, and hard work. And a bit of idiocy. Thank you for working hard always and inspiring us all~

On a less serious note, thank you, Sasha Cohen for getting me into figure skating. Thank you Yuna and Mao and Mirai and Daisuke for making me a true fangirl just recently, because of Vancouver 2010.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Thank you Plushenchrist for hooking me up with Figure skating. Thank you so much :bow:

Thank you to Yuzuru to make the retirement of my favs (Daisuke i am looking at you) bearable this season and to make each and every performance so special and intense.

Thank you to Mao for her absolute love of skating, for going through troubles and keeping the triple axel and for this magnificent FS at Sochi. I watch it again often and I cry every time. It really shows that with courage and abnegation you can accomplish what you are aiming for.

Thank you to Max Trankov and Guillaume Cizeron for your faces and bodies :cheer:
Thank you Daisuke for being perfect.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you, Liza for been such an inspiration, coming back from such a terrible 2013-2014 season to be World Champion! So amazing! And a triple axel too!

Thank you, Plushy for being just plain awesome and also an inspiration, and all the amazing programs you've done, even the tacky ones. :laugh:

Pika

Final Flight
I would like to thanks Brian Joubert and Anissina/Peizerat, for pushing me on the ice with their amazing skating. Yuna Kim, an inspiration for every skater, thank you for being my model, and Yuzuru Hanyu, thank you for teaching us fighting spirit, mental strength.
Thank you to all the skaters, transmitting such beautiful things as hard-work, always push the limits, and follow your dreams :)

WhateverHime

Rinkside
Thank you, Evgeni, for making me a fan of the sport! You'll always have a special place in my heart.

Thank you, Stephane, for your breathtaking, beautiful programs. Meeting you is one of my dearest memories. You are surely one of a kind.

Thank you, Yuzuru, for being such an inspiration. Although you are so much younger than me, you are my role model. Your skating is absolutely brilliant, really mesmerizing, but your character shines even brighter.

dna5019

Final Flight
Fun thread!:biggrin:

Thank you, Yuna, for your breathtaking programs, your courage, compassion, and mental strength, and for showing that a true champion really can come from anywhere. You really are an inspiration. :love:

Thank you, Mao, for being the very embodiment of beauty and elegance on ice! Here's to hoping that we'll see more of that in the future...?

Thank you, Elizabeta, for being an inspiration, for having the drive, courage, and determination to come back and prove all of your naysayers wrong and emerge as World Champion! :clap:

And a very special thank you to Kristi Yamaguchi. I watched you win Olympic Gold when I was three years old and I have been a fan of figure skating ever since. Thank you for introducing me to this beautiful sport and gracing the world with your performances. :eek::

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I would like to say to Evgeny Plushenko

thank you for everything:

- many flawless and beautiful programs
- especially the Nijinsky program at Rus Nat 2004
- you gave me wonderfull feelings: admiration, pride, excitement, you made me laugh and weep..I never tired of your skating
- I can be proud Plushenko fan
- you never disappoint me
- you have changed the FS ( impact on FS, original elements in male FS, combinations, rules changing)
- I met with many wonderful persons, fans from all over the world. many of them are very talented artists or creative persons who are inspired by you. The Plushenko fans are very nice persons in generally, you can be proud of them...
- you inspires me,
- I learned this: never give up

I would like to say to Liza, Mao, Yuna, Julia, Lena, and many other skaters: you are awesome, thank you!

Last edited: