Frankenstein's Skater | Golden Skate

Frankenstein's Skater

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Frankenstein sewed together parts from all different bodies to make his creation.

Similarly, what attributes and talents would you take from different skaters to make your perfect male or female singles skater, dance couple or pairs team? The 'body parts' can be from skaters past and present and can encompass mental, physical, artistic and technical elements. Say what you would take from whom and explain your reasoning!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Plushenko's competitive mindset, tenacity, consistency & showmanship
Alexander Abt's gliding & footwork
Yuzuru's jumping ability
Stephane Lambiel's spins

that ought to be a good start

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I was just thinking about this earlier today. XD

To answer, I would put together these qualities/abilities from these skaters to make my ideal skater:

Yuna: the beautiful all around quality of her jumps (take-off, air position, landing, power and technical difficulty)
her strong musicality, the way she interprets the music using her entire body (she skates with music, not to the music ;) )
and last but not least, her nerves of steel

Mao: her strong SS especially her step sequence

Lucinda Ruh and Yulia Lip: Lucinda's sit spin with arm variation and layback spin with arm variation. Just all of her spins actually. XD
Yulia's broken leg sit spin and her new Biellman spin we saw from her instagram (idk what it's called). :)

Sasha Cohen: her beautiful spirals (mixed with Yuna's speed in her spirals ;) )

Liza and Mao 3A: Liza's take off, Mao's air position and landing (when done well).

This is fun. :)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was thinking that for very competitive U.S. skater: Gracie's jumps and skating skills, Josh's 3A, Max's quads, Jason's competitive mindset/consistency/performance ability/spins and Ashley's grit and determination.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Ohh this is fun :biggrin: Off the top of my head:

Plushenko's Consistency
Yuzuru's Jumping ability/technique+ Ina Bauer + Mindset/spirit
Patrick's Skating Skills
Lambiel's spins
Lambiel + Daisuke's Artistry
MCM's flexibility lol
+Brian joubert's face. :p

:yes:

Best posture? Robin Cousins. Add him to the list.
:biggrin:

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yagudin strength
Hanyu talent and jumping ability
Plushenko consistency
Chan SS

and I guess quad axels would be going left and right :biggrin:

andromache

Record Breaker
Perfect men's skater:

Chan's skating skills
Plushenko's quads and competitive attack
Han Yan's triple axel (plus Hanyu's ability to do them out of nowhere)
Jason Brown's consistency and performance
Josh Farris's choreography, lyricism, and musicality (also looks, because I'm shallow :love:)

Perfect ladies' skater:

Liza's triple axel, all-around jump technique, and consistency
Yuna's triple lutz-triple toe and, ability to move her arms, and ability to deliver under the most intense pressure imaginable
Michelle Kwan's musicality and audience connection
Mao's footwork (alternatively, Carolina's)
Carolina's choreography
Sasha's spirals and spins
Gracie's jump size

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I want to throw Christopher Bowman's talent into the male-frankenstein-mix.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Men's skater:

Yuzuru's Jumps + Patrick's SS + Jason Brown's Spins + Plushenko Consistency = Yuzurick Browshenko
I'm tempted to add in another for musicality/artistry but I think Yuzuru + Patrick + Jason's musicalities together is pretty strong

Ladies' skater:

Yuna's Jumps/Consistency + Carolina's SS (and her 3Lo) + Mao's spins = Yunmaolina Kimkosada
I could include someone else for spins but Mao already has really wonderful spins

I didn't include step sequences and choreography because that's usually up to an outside party but if anything I really like Mao's step sequences and Yuzuru's Chopin Ballade No.1 step sequence which was by Jeffrey Buttle

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Men's skater:

Yuzuru's Jumps + Patrick's SS + Jason Brown's Spins + Plushenko Consistency = Yuzurick Browshenko
I'm tempted to add in another for musicality/artistry but I think Yuzuru + Patrick + Jason's musicalities together is pretty strong

Ladies' skater:

Yuna's Jumps/Consistency + Carolina's SS (and her 3Lo) + Mao's spins = Yunmaolina Kimkosada
I could include someone else for spins but Mao already has really wonderful spins

I didn't include step sequences and choreography because that's usually up to an outside party but if anything I really like Mao's step sequences and Yuzuru's Chopin Ballade No.1 step sequence which was by Jeffrey Buttle

Yes! Great names too!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ladies

Yuna & Gracie's huge height in jumps
Yuna's artistry
Gracie's SS
Liza's consistency and 3A
Yulia's spins and flexibility
Sasha's spirals
Elena's energy and how she just seems to love what she's doing (a lot of them look like they're being tortured)
Mao's 3A and artistry

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Men's skater:

Ladies' skater:

the names :laugh: :points:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No need for Frankenstein'ed Skaters. I like my skaters as they are--flawed, but each with their own individuality. Anyway, we all know how Frankenstein's monster turned out... :p

Meoima

Match Penalty
No need for Frankenstein'ed Skaters. I like my skaters as they are--flawed, but each with their own individuality. Anyway, we all know how Frankenstein's monster turned out... :p
:drama: FS horror fan-fiction by GS members.

Imagine

Medalist
She would have Elizaveta's jumps, Yuna's consistency, Mao's steps, Shizuka's elegance, Yulia's flexibility, Gracie's looks, Sasha's artistry, and Michelle Kwan's legacy.

rugbyfan

On the Ice
Browning - musicality, showmanship and interpretation
Chan -ss
Pluschenko - consistency and mental strength
probably Yuzuru jumping ability though there are other great jumpers

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm afraid that if you had all those traits in one skater you'd also have a monumental ego!

samm22

On the Ice
Lady skater:
-Mao's triple axel, step sequence, and spins
-Sasha's presence, line, spirals and spins
-Yuna's consistency and maturity
-Liza's fire
-Shizuka's grace and elegance, and layback ina bauer, and triple-triple-triple
-Michelle Kwans connection to the audiance
-Miki ando's quad/triple lutz
-Carolina's interpretation/presentation
-A combination of Carolina's, Mao's, Miki's, Yuna's, and Shizuka's jumps (Technique, height, speed, power, soft landing, grace, all triples and quad sal)

EQUALS: Mashuniza Shimichikina from the not yet discovered United States of Jakorussitaly

Last edited: