Congratulations to Tanith Belbin & Charlie White! | Golden Skate

Congratulations to Tanith Belbin & Charlie White!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Charlie and Tanith were married today!!! :cheer2:

According to People.com (excerpt):
With White's brother-in-law Todd Weishaus officiating, the pair, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, said their "I do's" before 130 friends and family surrounded by greenery inside the enclosed glass Planterra Conservatory in West Bloomfield, not far from the suburban Detroit rink where they first met in 1998.

"She was the most beautiful girl at the rink," says White, 27, who won the 2014 gold medal with skating partner Meryl Davis and then went on Dancing with the Stars. "I think probably every guy had a crush on her."

Together since 2009, the couple celebrated their vows with a dinner of filet mignon and shrimp cremosi, followed by a three-tier vanilla cake layered with raspberry curd and vanilla buttercream.

Belbin, 30, wore an ivory strapless A-Line gown by Modern Trousseu, with a pink ombré skirt and sweetheart neckline. Her maid of honor was fellow retired ice dancer Lauren Fenft, with bridesmaids that included White's three sisters and his skating partner Meryl Davis, all wearing "whatever dress they wanted in any shade of pink," says the bride. "They are too unique to be dressed the same."

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Are we in 1955? Unless Tanith Belbin wants to be referred to as Mrs. Charlie White, I think a better congratulations would be to Tanith and Charlie on their wedding.

I like her approach to bridesmaids' dresses, and wish Tanith and Charlie much continued happiness together :)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Are we in 1955? Unless Tanith Belbin wants to be referred to as Mrs. Charlie White, I think a better congratulations would be to Tanith and Charlie on their wedding.

I like her approach to bridesmaids' dresses, and wish Tanith and Charlie much continued happiness together :)

Exactly! I read the title for the thread and cringed at the author's choice of names for Tanith and Charlie. I doubt any woman in this day and age wants to be referred to as "Mrs. [husband's name]", let alone someone as well-known (within figure skating circles anyway) as Tanith. I have no idea whether or not she (or he) is planning to change her (or his) last name, but neither person is an appendage of the other.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly! I read the title for the thread and cringed at the author's choice of names for Tanith and Charlie. I doubt any woman in this day and age wants to be referred to as "Mrs. [husband's name]", let alone someone as well-known (within figure skating circles anyway) as Tanith. I have no idea whether or not she (or he) is planning to change her (or his) last name, but neither person is an appendage of the other.

Ditto! My mom kept her last name that she was born and she still keeps it. And she's been married to my dad for over 21 years.

Anyways both Charlie and Tanith looked stunning in the photo and I wish them many many many years of happiness together!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

Hahaha, this was my first thought when reading the title, but I didn't comment on it.

Whatever, though. I know it's tradition, but only the newly weds know what they prefer so it's pointless to point the finger for something we have no idea about.

Love that Meryl and Charlie's sisters were Tanith's bridesmaids though! Super sweet!

Oh, woooooow. ;)

I'll say something unorthodox: as a guy, I would do anything to be in Tanith's shoes in that picture. Charlie is :love: there!

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I guess my thread title caused some offense. Sorry, guys.

I really, really hope Tanith doesn't mind. I think her opinion would count the most in this aspect.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Charlie and Tanith were married today!!! :cheer2:

According to People.com (excerpt):
... Her maid of honor was fellow retired ice dancer Lauren Fenft ...

Congratulations to Charlie and Tanith :).
I knew that they had known each other and trained together long before becoming a couple. But they first met in 1998? :cool:

BTW, People.com had a typo:
The maid of honor would be Lauren Senft.​