2015 Lake Placid International Dance Competition July 29-Aug 1 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Lake Placid International Dance Competition July 29-Aug 1

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jillian Moyer & Jarred Druzynski
Singing in the rain.

Older kids. A little slow, so nice photos.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Gianna Buckley & J.T. Michel
It had to be you.
Kids need more work. Gianna completely lost the twizzles and just skated down the ice. Lovely costumes

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jocelyn Haines & Cole Yolman
4 Seasons
Lovely, lovely dress on Jocelyn
Otherwise...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Cassidy McFarlane & Kyle Cayouette Can
Music is Nausicaa

Good ice coverage but not so hot unison on the twizzles.
I not a fan of this music.
Good energy, though. Mr. Ski liked them.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Emma Gunter & Caleb Wein;
Flamenco
Guitarra festeta
Spanish dance typical costumes

Hard to stay awake through it

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Claire & Luke Purnell
Diamonds are a girls best friend
Nice unison
This was a dance with a real concept for a change
Nice job, kids

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Angelina Zimina & Egor Goncharov

Very cute little guys. She's in s very multicolored striped skirt. He is really too young and small to be lifting. He fell at the end of a step sequence too. Winded at the end of the program. I wonder whether he is related to Ruslan Goncharov?

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We are skipping the Intermediates. Junior International SD at approximately one P.M. EDT

Entries

Junior Ice Dance
Matilda FRIEND/William BADAOUI AUS
Haley SALES/Nikolas WAMSTEEKER CAN
Ashlynne STAIRS/Lee ROYER CAN
Ekaterina FEDYUSHCHENKO/Lucas KITTERIDGE GBR
Gwenneth SLETTEN/Elliot VERBURG GBR
Hannah Grace COOK/Temirlan YERZHANOV KAZ
Jenna HERTENSTEIN/Damian BINKOWSKI POL
Ksenia KONKINA/Georgy REVIYA RUS
Sofia POLISHCHUK/Alexander VAKHNOV RUS
Daria RUMYANTSEVA/Dmitry RYABCHENKO RUS
Gigi BECKER/Luca BECKER USA
Christina CARREIRA/Anthony PONOMARENKO USA
Alexis MIDDLETON/Logan LEONESIO USA
Aya TAKAI/Alexander MARTIN USA
Rachel PARSONS/Michael PARSONS USA

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Parsons won the international short dance. 56.40. They appeared to be doing a West Point prom. Very powerful skaters, but edges not perfectly clean.

Careira & Ponomarenko second. 54.68 with a very nice Charlie Chaplin program with a tear jerker ending (aw shucks) Typical, complex Shpilband lift...may have been a hair over long.
third was a Russian team, Konkina & Revya skating to Ghost Dances with 52.18. Revya visibly bounces on. his skates in the twizzles.

The official scores were not yet posted. when I left the rink.

We missed a call from the guy watching our house. The voice message was garbled. I had run out of phone battery posting photos to instagram, so we went back to the hotel after the international juniors to check it out. It turns out it was a butt call...

Back to the rink for the seniors later.

Top coaches all there, including Shpilband, Krylova and Linichuk, who had a Novice team and some kids in Junior A/B and Seniors.

Saralala

Rinkside
Thank you dorispulaski!
Thanks for giving us the report. I'm anxious for the Seniors report! Could you tell your impressions of Robledo&Fenero (the spanish senior couple)? :D I like them and although they are not on the very top, I think they are on the right way to be better! ^___^ (And I'm spanish like them, so it's like they are "my team" :D)
Thanks again!
:cheer:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Danielle and Daniel had a great time yesterday and hope you enjoy their Free Dance tonight - It is being televised live on SureShot Video
From the New Review Interview:
We understand that Sonia Lee, Violinist, recorded your Free Dance music live.

“Danielle” - Our Free Dance is really dynamic. It is performed to an original work of art by Violinist “Sonia Lee”. Marina Zoueva worked with Sonia getting the various elements of our free dance framed within Sonia’s music, composing parts of the music, and incorporating parts of Victorio Monti’s, “Csardas”. Sonia Lee then put it all together and recorded it live at a music studio in Detroit, MI.

Sonia trained at Juilliard, and became the youngest principal violinist, age 21, with the Toronto Symphony. Sonia then went on to perform with the Three Tenors, Joni Mitchell, Billy Joel, Chantal Kreviazuk, Rod Stewart, Brian Wilson, Diana Ross, Chris Botti, Raine Maida, Paul McCartney and many more. If you go to Sonis Lee’s Website there are a couple of video links with her beautiful violin music – one for University of Michigan Health Systems and one titles The Culture of Creativity.

Doris do you have a run down for Jr and senior International? How did the Aussies fare? I see the Jnr team got the worlds benchmark for their SD

RoyThree

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Doris...just saw on your instagram that you may be staying at the Hotel North Wood. We are as well. Yesterday (Thursday) was a real whirlwind of a day. Too many events that we wanted to see and not enough time :) Tried to catch as many of the Junior and Senior events as possible, but we needed to catch our breath (and eat). The Juniors have been very strong.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
Is there anywhere online that the results are available for viewing? Or anyone on here who knows what the senior SD results are?

Ice-dance79

Spectator
2015 Lake Placid Ice Dance International
07/30/2015 - 07/31/2015

Senior Ice Dance

Results after Short Dance

Place Name Score SD FD
1 Isabella TOBIAS
Ilya TKACHENKO 56.70 1
2 Danielle THOMAS
Daniel EATON 51.38 2
3 Carolane SOUCISSE