Translation requests | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Translation requests

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I'll do it.
Just a sec. --And if anyone has a better translation, chime in and correct mine.
1. How do you spend your day off/ off season?
A: after Worlds and WTT, I always take 2 weeks off. This year for the first few days I will go with my parents to Hawaii. From there I'll go to America and the week after that I plan to go to the Philipines.

2. What is your Favorite Word in Japanese?
A: 'Tokidoki' (from time to time) I don't know why, but I like to use it. 'Onigiri' (riceball) For me it's like my lucky food. (his favorite Onigiri is Tuna-mayo)

3. Have you experienced something new or were you impressed by something during this visit to Japan?
A: Last time I took 3 days to sigtsee, but this time on the first day Kori and I went out on the town and took videos dancing! It was really fun. (these are uploaded on twitter and instagram)

4. Which program is the most impressive memorable for you?
A: Riverdance. It was very difficult to skate it through. Training was hard and Jason lost weight so his costume didn't fit anymore (Kori)

5. Do you remember how you met Kori for the first time?
What was her first impression?
A: Uuuummm. I don't remember.
Kori: Before starting the skating lesson, I saw Jason and he was bumping in to the walls and people like a wild horse. He was overflowing with energy in a good way. My first job was to take him by the hand. (not sure exactly what that means in English? since this is English-Japanese-English Lol.)

6. What is the most important things for you in figure skating?
A: Performance. To perform in front of the audience and touch their hearts. I want convey Joy or anger or what ever emotions are in my program to people, I love doing that.

7. Which skater inspired influenced you the most?
A: Scott Hamilton. And also Nobunari Oda who I skated in competition with a long time ago. (2013 Nebelhorn trophy Oda 1st, Jason 2nd) He's a wonderful, great guy. Cheering for each other while wearing costumes of America and Japan is a wonderful memory for me. Seeing him at WTT in the commentators box made me really happy.

8. What movie or music inspired you the most?
A: I love documentaries and movies. When I was little, my sister would sing and dance and I would join her.

9. --Do you take your hairstyle seriously? How important is it to you?
(kori) Depending on the program and the season the pony tail or bun's shape may change slightly
J. in anycase, next year the pony tail will be there.
After that, who knows??
Jason's Dad: He looks handsome no matter what the hairstyle! He should do whatever hairstyle he likes.

(I'll do questions 10-16 tomorrow.)

You're the best - thank you!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'll do it.
Just a sec. --And if anyone has a better translation, chime in and correct mine.
1. How do you spend your day off/ off season?
A: after Worlds and WTT, I always take 2 weeks off. This year for the first few days I will go with my parents to Hawaii. From there I'll go to America and the week after that I plan to go to the Philipines.

2. What is your Favorite Word in Japanese?
A: 'Tokidoki' (from time to time) I don't know why, but I like to use it. 'Onigiri' (riceball) For me it's like my lucky food. (his favorite Onigiri is Tuna-mayo)

3. Have you experienced something new or were you impressed by something during this visit to Japan?
A: Last time I took 3 days to sigtsee, but this time on the first day Kori and I went out on the town and took videos dancing! It was really fun. (these are uploaded on twitter and instagram)

4. Which program is the most impressive memorable for you?
A: Riverdance. It was very difficult to skate it through. Training was hard and Jason lost weight so his costume didn't fit anymore (Kori)

5. Do you remember how you met Kori for the first time?
What was her first impression?
A: Uuuummm. I don't remember.
Kori: Before starting the skating lesson, I saw Jason and he was bumping in to the walls and people like a wild horse. He was overflowing with energy in a good way. My first job was to take him by the hand. (not sure exactly what that means in English? since this is English-Japanese-English Lol.)

6. What is the most important things for you in figure skating?
A: Performance. To perform in front of the audience and touch their hearts. I want convey Joy or anger or what ever emotions are in my program to people, I love doing that.

7. Which skater inspired influenced you the most?
A: Scott Hamilton. And also Nobunari Oda who I skated in competition with a long time ago. (2013 Nebelhorn trophy Oda 1st, Jason 2nd) He's a wonderful, great guy. Cheering for each other while wearing costumes of America and Japan is a wonderful memory for me. Seeing him at WTT in the commentators box made me really happy.

8. What movie or music inspired you the most?
A: I love documentaries and movies. When I was little, my sister would sing and dance and I would join her.

9. --Do you take your hairstyle seriously? How important is it to you?
(kori) Depending on the program and the season the pony tail or bun's shape may change slightly
J. in anycase, next year the pony tail will be there.
After that, who knows??
Jason's Dad: He looks handsome no matter what the hairstyle! He should do whatever hairstyle he likes.

(I'll do questions 10-16 tomorrow.)

Continuing...

10. What is your favorite place or skating rink in Japan?
A: Yoyogi (gymnasium) I'm happy I got to skate in it before it gets rennovated. (Yoyogi stadium is going to be renovated over the next two years)

11. Are there places you'd like to visit in Japan?
A: Hiroshima and Kyoto (in his previous fan meeting he also mentioned Mt. Fuji, saying he wanted to climb such a beautiful mountain, and he could see fuji from the window where the fan meeting was held. Also Kobe and Osaka were mentioned.)

12. What would you like to do when you retire from competitive skating in the future?
A: I'd like to be an English teacher in a Japanese elementary school. After that, I'd like to get into TV and Media. (as a commentator or comedian? it would suit Jason perfectly)
At the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, I'd like to go to Japan as a commentator for NBC.

13. Your Japanese is so good! How are you learning Japanese?
A: I have 3,4 private lessons a week. I don't have a lot of opportunity to speak Japanese, but I speak Japanese with Tomoki who trains in the same rink. He's better at Japanese than English. Kori also speaks Japanese (to him? to me? not sure.).

14. What is the happiest/dearest thing your mother or father told you up till now?
A: Follow your dreams. Follow your dreams, and do what you want to do. My parents never told me to do this or that, They always support what I do. I think they are the best parents in the world. I'm so glad they are my Mama and Papa.

15. Where is your favorite place other than Japan?
A: Istanbul. I went for the Junior Grand Prix Series and really liked it. I was fascinated by the atmosphere so different from anything else. Now the situation there is not good so I was glad I could go there (before it became unstable).

16 How about your next season?
A: I'm going to have 2 new programs. It hasn't been decided yet, but I want it to be a wonderful program that everyone will like. My big goals are to stay healthy (because there were lots of injuries since the Sochi season) and to go to Pyeongchang Olympics!
(kori) Stay Healthy, go to Pyeongchang and Quad! Quad! Health! Quad! Health!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Continuing...

10. What is your favorite place or skating rink in Japan?
A: Yoyogi (gymnasium) I'm happy I got to skate in it before it gets rennovated. (Yoyogi stadium is going to be renovated over the next two years)

11. Are there places you'd like to visit in Japan?
A: Hiroshima and Kyoto (in his previous fan meeting he also mentioned Mt. Fuji, saying he wanted to climb such a beautiful mountain, and he could see fuji from the window where the fan meeting was held. Also Kobe and Osaka were mentioned.)

12. What would you like to do when you retire from competitive skating in the future?
A: I'd like to be an English teacher in a Japanese elementary school. After that, I'd like to get into TV and Media. (as a commentator or comedian? it would suit Jason perfectly)
At the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, I'd like to go to Japan as a commentator for NBC.

13. Your Japanese is so good! How are you learning Japanese?
A: I have 3,4 private lessons a week. I don't have a lot of opportunity to speak Japanese, but I speak Japanese with Tomoki who trains in the same rink. He's better at Japanese than English. Kori also speaks Japanese (to him? to me? not sure.).

14. What is the happiest/dearest thing your mother or father told you up till now?
A: Follow your dreams. Follow your dreams, and do what you want to do. My parents never told me to do this or that, They always support what I do. I think they are the best parents in the world. I'm so glad they are my Mama and Papa.

15. Where is your favorite place other than Japan?
A: Istanbul. I went for the Junior Grand Prix Series and really liked it. I was fascinated by the atmosphere so different from anything else. Now the situation there is not good so I was glad I could go there (before it became unstable).

16 How about your next season?
A: I'm going to have 2 new programs. It hasn't been decided yet, but I want it to be a wonderful program that everyone will like. My big goals are to stay healthy (because there were lots of injuries since the Sochi season) and to go to Pyeongchang Olympics!
(kori) Stay Healthy, go to Pyeongchang and Quad! Quad! Health! Quad! Health!

Thank you!

tars

Record Breaker