10-year-old Stephen Gogolev lands 4S | Golden Skate

10-year-old Stephen Gogolev lands 4S

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It looked so easy for him too!

Yeah, I'm a tad worried. Brian doesn't seem like a guy who'd push too hard too soon, but 10 is very young to be doing quads. :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm thinking the same. Well it's impressive but he isn't going to use that any time soon. Next Olympic he can't go because he will be just 13 by the time. Okay save it for 2022 boy.

What's he going to do in the next 5 years? Try all the quads? What will happen when his body fully grow?

Too young for the quad IMO. Still, maybe on the same level of Mishin boy who jumps seven 3loops in a row. I'm like: "Me no want to be his hips in the near future. Bye!"

Last edited:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
I'm confused. Does he want cartilage in his hips when he's older? Maybe he wants to be a Lipinski and get surgery on his hips before 20.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Woah, thats amazing! But how are these coaches allowing their students to practice quads at such a young age? Excessive stress on immature bone/muscle will give them lots of *chronic* problems in the near future.....:no:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think there are quads and quads. It was very small quad so I don't think it's more dangerous for him than training triples as long as he don't fall over and over ;) And I am sure Orser doesn't let him train this instantly.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This kid will do a quint by the time he is 16 :laugh:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Why are his legs so bent? Is that just his body frame or are younger boys like that because Nam's jumps look sort of the same.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This kid will do a quint by the time he is 16 :laugh:
What if his body grows and he will become too big for that? It's easier to rotate when you're super small. We all know what happens to all the ladies by the time it's puberty.

Anyways maybe they only let him try it for the sake of trying it. They won't let him try it so many as the senior for sure.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Maybe its the Cricket way? :laugh: Both him and Nam seem to have gotten their jumps at the TCC. :shrug:

Nam didn't go to TCC until 2012, he started off with Joanne McLeod, I think it's just poor posture and a combination of other things

and he's so young but has Brian Orser AND Lee Barkell as his coaches and has a quad? Talk about being stacked, I hope they're being careful and know what they're doing though

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Jesus! This is incredible, but I'm more concerned about his health... :shocked: :slink:

Jeffrey's comment says it all.
Okay, it's official. I need to stop touring and train more at the Cricket. I actually landed my first double lutz at that age.

Hey, this is my 1,500th post! :dance:

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It's underrotated but good for him. Hope they protect him from injuries and that he can learn to do it correctly as he gets older.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Scroll down the Cricket Club page and find Stephen landing his first 3A on just January 29, with harness on but no pole.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
opss i didnt see there was thread of this video :slink:
its obviously not good for his health to train it, but i dont think he actually "trains" it,i am sure Brian and other coaches at TCC are smarter than that (remember Brian didnt let Yuzuru train 4Lo? ), they just let him try it, knowing he can do it can motivate him going forward,
and i love Buttle's comment :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I understand people's concerns, but I'm sure under Brian's tutelage, he won't push himself too crazy. It's incredible the technical ability he has. He must be the youngest ever to land a quad (let alone a 4S) -- or at least the youngest as documented by a video. He is very Nam-like... I'm so curious as to what he'll do next, and how he'll develop artistically. It's crazy that he could be not just the first Canadian Junior champion to land a quad, but maybe even Novice champion! :eek: I thought Chan's/Nam's records would stand for a while but watch out.

Too bad he's too young for 2018 though, but as a 17 year old in 2022, at this rate, he's got a bright future.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't ignore injuries nor do I think they are something to take lightly but I'm used to seeing my favorite snowboarders come back from injuries like THIS : 🚑

http://youtu.be/Gr9nf-H9vhY

Bonus points for the use of Nina Simone :)

Last edited: