Your favourite Akiko Suzuki programs | Golden Skate

Your favourite Akiko Suzuki programs

Pika

Final Flight
I absolutely loved her Hymne à l'amour SP. She highlighted this beautiful music perfectly. I miss her so much she is à skater I've always enjoyed watching no matter what

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
The Cirque de Soleil bird dance (?). I loved it. :)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I don't think O can be beat, I loved that program and the dress, she was fantastic at WTT and NHK Trophy

Phantom of the Opera was good... but I thought it was a good performance of one of her lesser programs, I preferred Hyme a l'amour more

I also love her Kill Bill program, now that is what I want to see, it was original and exciting

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Love Dance was my favorite. Her dress, and the whole thing!
Now we can continue to see her work in shows and through younger skaters. Goooo Akiko!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
While competing, O was her best one without doubts, but I'm surprised no one mentioned The Bat: that was magnificent, too!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Definitely O.

And second is Hungarian Rhapsody! Debating whether her 2011 NHK or 2012 WTT performance was my favorite.

Weathergal

Medalist
jenaj - loved that exhibition video you posted of Akiko skating to "She" by Elvis Costello.

My favorite program of Akiko's is "O." The other one that comes to mind is "West Side Story." I think that's because it was a breakthrough year for her. She had some success on the Grand Prix circuit the year before, winning the silver medal at NHK, but the 2009-2010 season is really when she came on my radar. She won gold at the Cup of China, bronze at the GP final, silver at Japanese Nationals, silver at Four Continents, and also went to the Olympics that year. More than anything I remember watching her joy while skating that program.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
"O" and everything else. She was entertaining and classy throughout her whole career. She has style!

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
"O" and everything else. She was entertaining and classy throughout her whole career. She has style!

I love all of Akiko's programmes, but think "O" and "Kill Bill" were the most memorable. She was so versatile as a performer, able to do justice to warhorses like POTO with as much panache as something more original. I hope some of it rubs off onto Rika Hongo!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I think West Side Story was her best LP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEtpQG8YcA (the costume was better earlier in the season, don't know why she changed it)

I hope some of it rubs off onto Rika Hongo!

Rika kept getting better last season and deserved to be on that world podium in the end IMO. The biggest things they need to work on for her presentation are more attractive spin positions and continuing to improve on the posture.

burntBREAD

Medalist
West Side Story was such an evocative program, it's almost impossible not to feel emotional afterwards especially if you take into account all her struggles throughout her life.

I loved O as well.