Grand Prix Final 2016 in Marseille France ? | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final 2016 in Marseille France ?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
found it on a website but nowhere else = it's in french
can somebody confirm it ?

http://iceradio.com/patinage-artistique-la-finale-du-grand-prix-a-marseille/

fabien from france

The ISU has not announced the location of GPF 2016 (Dec 2016), and we have had no previous unofficial word, AFAIK -- so if abfab's article says that it will be in Marseille, that is news! :)

I think moriel didn't realize that you were talking about Dec 2016.

Cherryy

On the Ice
I'm not a native speaker, but this information certainly concerns the 2016-17 season. The author is saying some basic info about the grand prix series and that this year's will be held in Barcelona. Also, he uses the futur simple instead of conditionnel which is used when describing uncertain information, so it would seem to me that this is a confirmed information (from the tense use).

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
The ISU has not announced the location of GPF 2016 (Dec 2016), and we have had no previous unofficial word, AFAIK -- so if abfab's article says that it will be in Marseille, that is news! :)

I think moriel didn't realize that you were talking about Dec 2016.

oh yeah i'm a sleepy dummy, sorry =D

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Wow. Can those of us living in Western Europe really be so lucky? An easy-to-reach GPF three years in a row?!

It's selfish, but I hope it's true...

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am only somewhat proficient in French, but I read it as repeating unconfirmed information.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Six years of high school French leads me to believe it is real enough. Marseille, eh? Wow. I wouldn't mind, that's for sure!
edit to add: then again, any website can post a story saying something like this. ;) Gonna wait for official confirmation before doing the happy dance.

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
I'm a native speaker and the tone of the article is not conditional.

They are making an announcement.

(That said, I still have no idea if the announcement can be trusted, but they do seem pretty sure of themselves.)

jagragold

On the Ice
The article says breaking news. So, if it is true (and the article says it is), we'll have to fly to France in december 2016!

Barb

Record Breaker
Marseille? great!, if Mao is competing next season definitely I am going to try to go.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Six years of high school French leads me to believe it is real enough. Marseille, eh? Wow. I wouldn't mind, that's for sure!
edit to add: then again, any website can post a story saying something like this. ;) Gonna wait for official confirmation before doing the happy dance.
That's right, let's wait and see. Let's not go crazy. You know what would be crazy? If I had already checked the prices for flights to Marseille. Thank God I'm not crazy! :biggrin:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
That's right, let's wait and see. Let's not go crazy. You know what would be crazy? If I had already checked the prices for flights to Marseille. Thank God I'm not crazy! :biggrin:
Haha! Yeah, like I just happened to know, that "budget" airline Ryanair flies from from Stansted UK to Marseille FRA... and tickets are dirt-cheap at that time of year.

So I'm just as "not crazy" as you... :-D

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Marseille is economically depressed and dangereux. I have to put it as the worst European city I have ever been to.
Save your money/life and subscribe to IN or something instead.

solene1

Rinkside
Marseille is economically depressed and dangereux. I have to put it as the worst European city I have ever been to.
Save your money/life and subscribe to IN or something instead.

Marseille has some bad districts, like every city, that's all.
If you stay around the icerink and the tourist attractions, there is absolutly no problem.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Marseille has some bad districts, like every city, that's all.
If you stay around the icerink and the tourist attractions, there is absolutly no problem.

I stayed right on Vieux-Port, which was fine, but 2 blocks north and you're in dangereux territory. kids were fighting with each others. clothes hanging all over rundown buildings. 3 blocks east, it was like a favela. i took the wrong turn and feared for my camera.
this was during the trash pickup strike. trash filled and overflown marseille. it was insane. some street were completely overflown with trash. they didn't pick up anything for over a month.
one thing i have to say is their bouillabaisse is legendary. if you somehow go, go to a sanctioned bouillabaisse restaurant.