Edea Piano Boot | Golden Skate

Edea Piano Boot

vlaurend

Final Flight
Apparently, they are a little stiffer than the Ice Fly (95 stiffness vs. 90), but also a little lighter, with some additional shock absorption in the sole/footbed. They are for triples and quads. I bet they are going to be expensive!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I fear they'll go the way of the Fly, with scores of silly airheaded teenage girls whose parents have more money than sense parading around in them because they look pretty and because Gracie wears them. :rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Apparently, they are a little stiffer than the Ice Fly (95 stiffness vs. 90), but also a little lighter, with some additional shock absorption in the sole/footbed. They are for triples and quads. I bet they are going to be expensive!
Interesting, I bet top skaters will all be sent one or two pairs to try out.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I fear they'll go the way of the Fly, with scores of silly airheaded teenage girls whose parents have more money than sense parading around in them because they look pretty and because Gracie wears them. :rolleye:

Pretty good guess. ;)

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Am I the only one who thinks they're not very pretty and too expensive ? And I agree with Karne, lots of skaters buy them even though they don't need that much stiffness...

mskater93

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who thinks they're not very pretty and too expensive ? And I agree with Karne, lots of skaters buy them even though they don't need that much stiffness...

Nope. Don't like the Edea styling in general

EricaD

Spectator
My daughter is 10, just landing her first doubles, and is about to go into her 3rd pair of Edea Ice Fly boots. Despite what some think, it's not because we have more money than we know what to do with, because either of us is an airhead, and DD actually is an Ashley Wagner fan, she can't stand Gracie. She has been in $500+ boots for some time and the Ice Fly has been a godsend for her feet - they fit her like a glove with no modifications needed. So yeah, I buy them because they're the best boot for her. Most other kids her level are in equally expensive Harlick's, Teri's, etc. I'd say that about 50% of the kids in our club have switched to Ice Fly boots and I see more and more each day - not because they're trendy, but rather the opposite - they are popular because they are an exceptional boot and happen to be cheaper than custom - sounds rather an intelligent choice to me. Not sure why there's so much attitude thrown at people over these boots - $700 for boots is not that much for a competitive skater - it's in line with other brands. Resorting to name calling (children, no less) is just ignorant and tells me that those who are so judgmental have probably never tried them on their feet.

I look forward to reading equally insulting judgments thrown out at people who buy Harlick's and Teri's - surely those must be a waste of money endorsed only by airheads with too much cash to burn. :rolleye:

As for the Pianos, DD and I don't like how they look, and she's in love with her Ice Fly. I find the white heel and gold seam really off putting and prefer the silver Ice Fly heel, but what matters most is how the boot fits the skater. The Piano may be great for those who find the Ice Fly breaks down too fast - skaters doing triples+ probably need to replace the Ice Fly fairly often, so a stiffer alternative (more like Concerto) is a great offering if all else is equal to the Ice Fly. Edea offers the most innovative boot line around, so it's no surprise that they are continuing to innovate and think outside the box.

sarahspins

Rinkside
My custom Harlicks carry a price tag WELL above the ice fly and that is with a discount - but I still have some lingering fit issues, so even I'm tempted to try the Ice Fly when it's time to replace my current boots.

vlaurend

Final Flight
My daughter is 10, just landing her first doubles, and is about to go into her 3rd pair of Edea Ice Fly boots. Despite what some think, it's not because we have more money than we know what to do with, because either of us is an airhead, and DD actually is an Ashley Wagner fan, she can't stand Gracie. She has been in $500+ boots for some time and the Ice Fly has been a godsend for her feet - they fit her like a glove with no modifications needed. So yeah, I buy them because they're the best boot for her. Most other kids her level are in equally expensive Harlick's, Teri's, etc. I'd say that about 50% of the kids in our club have switched to Ice Fly boots and I see more and more each day - not because they're trendy, but rather the opposite - they are popular because they are an exceptional boot and happen to be cheaper than custom - sounds rather an intelligent choice to me. Not sure why there's so much attitude thrown at people over these boots - $700 for boots is not that much for a competitive skater - it's in line with other brands. Resorting to name calling (children, no less) is just ignorant and tells me that those who are so judgmental have probably never tried them on their feet.

I look forward to reading equally insulting judgments thrown out at people who buy Harlick's and Teri's - surely those must be a waste of money endorsed only by airheads with too much cash to burn. :rolleye:

As for the Pianos, DD and I don't like how they look, and she's in love with her Ice Fly. I find the white heel and gold seam really off putting and prefer the silver Ice Fly heel, but what matters most is how the boot fits the skater. The Piano may be great for those who find the Ice Fly breaks down too fast - skaters doing triples+ probably need to replace the Ice Fly fairly often, so a stiffer alternative (more like Concerto) is a great offering if all else is equal to the Ice Fly. Edea offers the most innovative boot line around, so it's no surprise that they are continuing to innovate and think outside the box.

Amen to all of the above. If the Ice Fly is a perfect fit for a skater's feet, they give good support and are easy to break in, those are all the right reasons to buy them! My custom SP Teris were worth the $750 to me because of the perfect fit for my feet, but if the Ice Flies had fit my feet and felt good to me, I would have been thrilled to pay $700 for them. Or more.

Quad Squad

Spectator
I have to agree with EricaD. If the boot gives the right amount of support and fits well then by all means get them. Otherwise it's a waste of money at the cost of performance. I was over booted once and ever again will I do that!