New interview with Castelli & Tran | Golden Skate

New interview with Castelli & Tran

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Man, these two are really getting around with all these interviews! They did one with Figure Skaters Online too. http://figureskatersonline.com/news...ieving-castelli-and-trans-journey-to-success/

I found this part interesting:
“Right now we’ve just been working on triple twists, and the throws. We have throw triple Sal and throw triple flip and we’ve been working on a quad Sal,” Castelli added, “We’re definitely hoping to get the quad Sal in by Nationals. We’re not sure what the best strategy is to do it, maybe one of the Grand Prixs we might put it in and see how it goes. I don’t know yet, we’ll see.”

They're definitely ambitious! :eek: :cheer:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They also have an interview coming up with TSL.

It is interesting to see in detail what it takes to put together a new team. Congratulations to Marissa & Mervin on getting twp GP assignments, Skate Canada and TEB.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I just can't see him or Narumi being as successful or having near the potential with anyone than when they were together. I know, I know, it's been years at this point but I don't think I'll ever get over that split; I feel so bad for them. Mervin and Marissa just don't match. Well, she's not really the pairs type period. Something is just off.

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
I just can't see him or Narumi being as successful or having near the potential with anyone than when they were together. I know, I know, it's been years at this point but I don't think I'll ever get over that split; I feel so bad for them. Mervin and Marissa just don't match. Well, she's not really the pairs type period. Something is just off.

I actually like Castelli and Tran and felt like though their Nationals were raw this past year with being a new team and not having international competitions to hone them that they were going to easilly outclass the US Nationals field once they had time and experience under their belt. US hasn't won pairs at worlds since 1979 and have never won an OGM. I don't think any of the other crop of teams at the senior level in the US have that potential and it is early yet to say that C/T do but it is also too early to rule them out. Jury is still out. You can't put a cap on potential when a split happened. How many people were ready to write Kyoko Ina off after her split with JD. Zimmerman turned out to be a better partner and they went on to a world bronze and a long pro career as a successful team. Just sayin...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Marissa is a better Pairs skater then Narumi is to be honest. At least Marissa can land jumps sometimes. How she's not a Pairs type skater doesn't make sense to me. Sure Narumi won a World bronze but that's about the only time she ever landed all her jumps and Mervin had a lot to do with them winning that Bronze.

Barb

Record Breaker
Marissa is a better Pairs skater then Narumi is to be honest. At least Marissa can land jumps sometimes. How she's not a Pairs type skater doesn't make sense to me. Sure Narumi won a World bronze but that's about the only time she ever landed all her jumps and Mervin had a lot to do with them winning that Bronze.

Exactly, I think Mervin has a better future with Marissa.