Figure skaters coaching hockey players | Golden Skate

Figure skaters coaching hockey players

azcalder

Rinkside
When Canada's Karen Magnussen (1972 Olympic silver medalist) was coaching in Boston back in the 80's, Bruins great Bobby Orr had her working with local hockey players. She continued when she moved back home to Canada. Barb Underhill also works with NHL players. Two amazing women.

noskates

Record Breaker
I thought I read somewhere that David Pelletier worked with hockey players on skating skills. Seems like this was some years ago after his OGM.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
David Pelletier and I believe Victor Kraatz from Canada both coach hockey players skating. There was a recent article on both actually that they did this. I was shocked because I thought Kraatz had some pretty cushy exec job at a director of skating or skating development or something - kind of like that Canadian skater Michael Slipchuk but at the provincial (state) level. (off topic but I always wondered how Slipchuk while a national team and world team member never was really a great Canadian household name got such a job?) I think Liz Manley did some too. Weird all are Canadians.

lyndichee

Medalist
David Pelletier is the coach for Edmonton Oilers and he worked with the Canadian Women's hockey team as well.

polenka84

Rinkside
Kori and the 7K team also work with Colorado Rampage Hockey players. I believe 7K has some footage up on their Facebook page of hockey players doing twizzles ;)