Tatiana Navka Getting Married

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that Ice Dancer Tatiana Navka is getting married. Her intended is Dmitry Peskov... Putin's spokesman!!! :shocked:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/...ussian-president-putins-spokesman/525752.html

They already have a daughter, who was born last August.

Peskov (Wikipedia) got divorced from his second wife in 2012. He has three children from previous relationships.

Navka (ISU Bio, Wikipedia) was previously married to fellow Ice Dancer Alexander Zhulin. They got married in 2000, with a daughter arriving in May the same year, but got divorved in 2010.

Here is what I presume to be the RIA Novosti interview that is referred to in the Moscow Times story:

http://ria.ru/society/20150716/1131962146.html

...and the Tatler story that it refers to:

http://www.tatler.ru/nashi_lyudi/36...ka_rasskazala_o_svadebnom_plate.php#p=365261;

So, in the past week, I have announced on here that one wedding has already happened, and that two are going to happen.

There is definitely something in the (frozen) water at the moment! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to update you. The wedding was held yesterday, Saturday 1st August 2015.

There are lots of photos on this Instagram page:

https://instagram.com/mitvoltv/

But, here are a couple of tasters:

Tatiana
Dmitry and Tatiana

Thank you to International Figure Skating magazine for being so quick off the mark to find these photos!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ah yes...I always liked her skating..and of course she is very pretty.....but it does seem that she has aged way more gracefully than Mr. Z.......Seems like she may be a big fan of Mr. Putin...I wish them happiness...

Funny story I will tell on me....I was working on my ranch a few months ago when a very clean, very new, very expensive SUV pulled into my driveway. Out stepped a beautiful tall blond lady
with a figure skater's body dressed to the 9s in business attire and a big smile. She introduced herself in a very noticeable Russian accent and I kind of went into a bit of a shock but it turned out
she had seen my wife's dog training equipment and was asking about where she might obtain dog training. I got my wife to handle that one but curious as to this person who drove by our ranch on her way to work,
I googled her....she is into marketing and works for a large marijuana growing operation here in WA, where of course it is legal. She is from Vladivostock and graduated from Rutgers....and she likes Putin! :laugh:
Its a small world....Good luck to Tatiana....

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Politics have nothing to do with Tanya's choice, I'm sure. :rolleye:

Best wishes to Tanya and her new husband ;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ah yes...I always liked her skating..and of course she is very pretty.....but it does seem that she has aged way more gracefully than Mr. Z.......Seems like she may be a big fan of Mr. Putin...I wish them happiness...

Funny story I will tell on me....I was working on my ranch a few months ago when a very clean, very new, very expensive SUV pulled into my driveway. Out stepped a beautiful tall blond lady
with a figure skater's body dressed to the 9s in business attire and a big smile. She introduced herself in a very noticeable Russian accent and I kind of went into a bit of a shock but it turned out
she had seen my wife's dog training equipment and was asking about where she might obtain dog training. I got my wife to handle that one but curious as to this person who drove by our ranch on her way to work,
I googled her....she is into marketing and works for a large marijuana growing operation here in WA, where of course it is legal. She is from Vladivostock and graduated from Rutgers....and she likes Putin! :laugh:

The 70-80% of Russians like Putin. Not to mention the famous succesful people, athletes. Look at how Russia has evolved tremendously under the direction of Putin.. The figure skaters don't want to move to US today.....;)

Navka is incredible pretty even today! I wish them happiness!!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

That is the fascinating thing, seeing how people are ageing. Like, looking at a lot of those photos, you wouldn't believe that Tatiana was now 40. As for Alexander, you have to remember that he is 12 years older than his former wife. So, with that in mind, I think he is doing very well.

Wow! Very interesting story. But, then again, all your stories are very interesting! ;)

But, rather than passing this marijuana woman over to your wife, you should have handled her yourself. You never know, you could have been in with a chance! By the sounds of things, attractive Russian women like older guys with moustaches...! ;) :biggrin:

Politics have nothing to do with Tanya's choice, I'm sure. :rolleye:

Oh, no. I didn't mean it like that. The "shocked" emoticon was more to do with the fact that somebody from figure skating was marrying somebody with a high up position like that!

It's not something you hear of happening every day.

All the best to Tatiana and Dmitry for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 70-80% of Russians like Putin. Not to mention the famous succesful people, athletes. Look at how Russia has evolved tremendously under the direction of Putin.. The figure skaters don't want to move to US today.....;)

Do you really have an option not to like Putin in Russia? It seems if you come out against him you tend to have bad things happen to you. Plus i think the gay population there would have a thing or two to say about Mr. Putin.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Do you really have an option not to like Putin in Russia? It seems if you come out against him you tend to have bad things happen to you. Plus i think the gay population there would have a thing or two to say about Mr. Putin.
And I always thought he did photoshoots just for them...:popcorn:

I think it's fitting that Navka is marrying a person with influence, I cannot imagine her with a "ordinary" man, like f.e. Kostomarov. When skating with him he was like her favourite accessory. This might sound bad, but I truly like her, she's one kind of a diva! I wish them happiness and I hope that she won't be bored by him anytime soon.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

:rolleye:
Yes, you do. I don't like Putin, and look, I'm still alive. I don't like anti-gay propaganda law, and look, I'm still alive.
I bet you're not living here in Russia, and you 'know' what's going on here only by 'independent' reports of your country's media.

P.S. I'm sorry :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Lolz....you must not know very many Russian people personally. :laugh2:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Jammers, you don't understand this. This is history. You are probably American, you have Declaration of Independence since 1776, the French have bourgeois revolution( 1789!) with: "liberty, equality, fraternity". The whole French nobility were beheaded. But the Russians were living in a very harsh repression, the Russian nobility were lord of life and death. Look at the Russian empire's wealth .. How could they built those splendid palaces and could buy those art treasures? Because the Russian serfs, peasants starved to death.. And this continued to the 20th century. Did you read Ken Follet's Fall of Giants ? If you read you can imagine the life of poor Russians. It was enough of a spark to explode the revolution.. The Russians believed in the revolution, but the communists weren't better than the tsar... So the Russians have never been as free as it is now. They have money, they can travel, Europe is full of Russian tourists. In Moscow is not unemployment, the taxes are low...etc.... this is the reason why most of the Russians like Putin. They have never known greater freedom. Most of them are happy.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jammers, you don't understand this. This is history. You are probably American, you have Declaration of Independence since 1776, the French have bourgeois revolution( 1789!) with: "liberty, equality, fraternity". The whole French nobility were beheaded. But the Russians were living in a very harsh repression, the Russian nobility were lord of life and death. Look at the Russian empire's wealth .. How could they built those splendid palaces and could buy those art treasures? Because the Russian serfs, peasants starved to death.. And this continued to the 20th century. Did you read Ken Follet's Fall of Giants ? If you read you can imagine the life of poor Russians. It was enough of a spark to explode the revolution.. The Russians believed in the revolution, but the communists weren't better than the tsar... So the Russians are have never been as free as it is now. They have money, they can travel, Europe is full of Russian tourists. In Moscow linen is not unemployment, the taxes are low...etc.... this is the reason why most of the Russians like Putin. They have never known greater freedom. Most of them are happy.
Unless you are a member of the press or an activist against Putin and his policies then this so called freedom is fragile at best. But i get the feeling Russia is one of those countries that needs a strongman in power to function very well.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Unless you are a member of the press or an activist against Putin and his policies then this so called freedom is fragile at best. But i get the feeling Russia is one of those countries that needs a strongman in power to function very well.
Yes, maybe ... Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. (And we've seen in the past months and years what happens if changes are forced in certain countries. What do you want: safety or freedom? There's never an easy answer to that and there will be a price to pay no matter what.)
The russian people definitely had a lot to take those past centuries.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Showed your post to a friend...he laughed and said this...
" Substitute Germans/Germany for Russia /Russians and you have the German Olympics of...what? 1938?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
LOL! Well, the pretty Russian Lady reminded me of my pal Yasa Nechaeva, and no doubt I like pretty women who are smart and talented, but my wife has a PHD and is very pretty and can train dogs till the cows come home...she just cant train me! LOL!

Here is a pic of AZ in 2010 and one of him in 2004. Heck. Even me at 66 looks better than he did in 2010! :) Maybe she wore him out!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Zhulin

Well, all the best to T and D. Nothing is better than being in love with someone who loves you too.

That is the fascinating thing, seeing how people are ageing. Like, looking at a lot of those photos, you wouldn't believe that Tatiana was now 40. As for Alexander, you have to remember that he is 12 years older than his former wife. So, with that in mind, I think he is doing very well.

But, rather than passing this marijuana woman over to your wife, you should have handled her yourself. You never know, you could have been in with a chance! By the sounds of things, attractive Russian women like older guys with moustaches...! ;) :biggrin:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes, I think so...:yes:

Look at this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta1_x0Lqe70 Emmy Award Winning 2005 World Figure Skating Championships Show Open for ABC/ESPN amazing video

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BItSoe-FyQ when you listen to this anthem understand it..the strongest country, the strongest people in the world.
I'm not Russian, but I feel this for many years.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Jammers may be right....maybe a country the size of Russia needs a Stalin....maybe Iraq needed a Saddam Hussein .......maybe Germany after WWI needed a Hitler.....I believe we have a bonafide History proffesseur on our forum who can help us out here....:)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Jammers may be right....maybe a country the size of Russia needs a Stalin....maybe Iraq needed a Saddam Hussein .......maybe Germany after WWI needed a Hitler.....I believe we have a bonafide History proffesseur on our forum who can help us out here....:)

You misunderstood me. You are very sarcastic. I don't say this. I hate Hitler, Hussein, Stalin, I don't like Putin. And I hate my our current prime minister Victor Orban. Well, you know where I'm living. But Putin is not the same with Hitler, Stalin or Hussein. That is sooooo exaggeration. Maybe you are brainwashed by your media.
I just wanted to say the Russians need time, I don't like it when countries, people who live in some kind of developed Western democracies for centuries don't understand what happens there. Pompous behavior.

And do you think for example China would steerable with that kind of democracy as there is in America? 1,2 billion people? Now? I hardly believe..

( And the Berlin Olympic Games was in 1936. ;) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.