Spread Eagle | Golden Skate

Spread Eagle

oriquey

Final Flight
I've always admired Takahiko Kozuka's spread eagles. They're stunning and the edges are quite deep.

gotoschool

Medalist
I really love the spread eagle that Mao does in her Waltz Masquerade LP from 2008 / 2009 with her edges arcing in, full of suspense in their close proximity to the boards and the judges, and her expressive arms extended in long, graceful winglike motions. Unfortunately, the best version of this performance that I have seen (World Team Trophy 2009) has been removed from youtube, but here is Mao's spread eagle at about 1:36 in her Worlds LP 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGALXt4-XIQ

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
True!!!!!! Perfect in ever way. I'm surprised I don't see him up here yet. Brian Boitano.

Oh yes. Brian Boitano does a nice spread eagle. It's masterful.

Incidentally, his edge work on his on-ice spread eagle is also lovely.

:slink: i'm horrible, sorry.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Oh yes. Brian Boitano does a nice spread eagle. It's masterful.

Incidentally, his edge work on his on-ice spread eagle is also lovely.

:slink: i'm horrible, sorry.

:laugh2: It took me 10 minutes to get that joke but, when I did..........That was funny!

Last edited:

edenlover

On the Ice
Brian Boitano's spread eagle in his 88 Olympic Program Napolean and Josephine is to die for. It's hard to find a copy of his program on you tube, but for me, it set the standard for all others. Dick Button described it as worth as much as any triple jump. It was amazing.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Brian Boitano's spread eagle in his 88 Olympic Program Napolean and Josephine is to die for. It's hard to find a copy of his program on you tube, but for me, it set the standard for all others. Dick Button described it as worth as much as any triple jump. It was amazing.

Funny, I forgot about Boitano, and that's pretty much all I remember him by!! I think he overused it tbh. It was funny when Aren Neilsen came out with a program that had about 50 spread eagles in it, and I was like "HUH? Is he channeling Boitano???". Guess what, quel surprise, Boitano CHOREOGRAPHED it!! LOL.

Paul Wylie for me. And Jonathan Cassar is A-MA-ZING.