Medvedeva readies for international senior debut | Golden Skate

Medvedeva readies for international senior debut

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia’s Evgenia Medvedeva dominated the junior circuit this past season, winning each event she entered, including the 2015 World Junior Figure Skating Championships. The Muscovite also finished third at Russian Nationals on the senior level, but was not age-eligible for the European and World Championships as she had turned 15 only last November. [More]

Medvedeva is currently focusing on other aspects of her skating that have brought her this far already—consistent triple-triple combinations, difficult spins, and her light, flowing skating style—and she feels ready to take on the seniors.
Here is wishing her much success this season! :cheer:

JayW

Final Flight
Yes, with another Russian lady entering in to the senior level, it is getting better and better!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
She is one of my three Russian ladies to watch this upcoming season!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is one of my three Russian ladies to watch this upcoming season!

Interesting. She is one of my 6 Russian Ladies to watch:biggrin:

She has a big edge issue that will hurt her at the senior level. Hopefully she's been taking advantage of that video replay system that their group got this summer and working on it.....*cough-cough*loop entrance**

I absolutely loved her programs last year. It will be interesting seeing her up against the big girls. :popcorn:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
“I can’t say that I’m learning something fundamentally new, but rather that I’m polishing what I already have,” said the 2014 World Junior bronze medalist. “As for a quad or a triple Axel, no. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think that these extreme elements in ladies’ or girls’ skating are a kind of distortion, and are more PR than a real achievable goal.”

That's actually very realistic of her, she obviously has her 3Lz to work on, if Yulia could correct it under Eteri then there's hope for Evgenia. I'm glad to hear that she is polishing up all her skating. I look forward to her next season.

I get kind of relieved when I read about the Russian girls and their hobbies outside of skating, it's really cut throat there and they need outside hobbies to relax. Hayao Miyazaki movies are awesome with strong, young female characters that are perfect for someone at Evgenia's age. I'm glad she really enjoys them.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I enjoyed Evgenia so much in the Junior ranks. I hope she remains uninjured and gives the current senior ladies a run for their money.
She seems so tiny, how tall is she?

Cherryy

On the Ice
What do you think are the chances that Evgenia will qualify for the senior grand prix final?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
What do you think are the chances that Evgenia will qualify for the senior grand prix final?

The ladies field is (theoretically) deeper this upcoming season, so I suppose it could be anyone's guess. Based on the skaters in the GP with two scheduled events, I'd say Medvedeva's chances are pretty good for the GPF.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I enjoyed Evgenia so much in the Junior ranks. I hope she remains uninjured and gives the current senior ladies a run for their money.
She seems so tiny, how tall is she?

Here is a recent picture. https://41.media.tumblr.com/1df21f1a48a187e41499c9b2d2405adc/tumblr_nrpc4mfc7F1qedt84o1_500.jpg. Last I heard Tsurskaya was 163 cm but she's so young that she might be taller than that now. And I believe Julia is around 158 cm and they are similar in height, so judging from this I'd say Evgenia is around 155-158 cm, about 5'1" or 5'2". She looks to be going through puberty recently and is starting to look less fragile which is a relief, I used to worry about injuries with her being so slight. So for 15 I don't see her height ever really being an issue, she's on the smaller side without being too short (her lines on the ice are long due to her build) and is unlikely to grow very tall. Tsurskaya on the other hand could grow to be very, very tall for a skater, but she's such a big jumper it may not matter.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if She's related to the Russian tennis player Andrei Medvedev? She looks like She could be his little Sister. BTW, How cute is this girl. Adorable....

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if She's related to the Russian tennis player Andrei Medvedev? She looks like She could be his little Sister. BTW, How cute is this girl. Adorable....
Andrei Medvedev is Ukrainian, and old enough to be her father.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Medvedev is a reasonably common last name.

Is it really? Thanks. BTW, I can't believe Andrei is almost 41 years old. You're right, he's definitely old enough to be her father. Yikes......Now I feel old.:scowl:

exerym

On the Ice

You can just check her full name. She is Evgenia Armanovna Medvedeva. That means her father's name is Arman. So Andrei can't be her father ;)