Favorite Pairs Programs/Moves from last season 2014-15 | Golden Skate

Favorite Pairs Programs/Moves from last season 2014-15

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I need some ideas and would love some help from the GS faithful. What was your favorite pairs program last year and why. In addition what were some of your favorite moves/elements that stuck out to you last season. Any time stamped videos in HD would be much appreciated. Anybody care to share their thoughts?

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Maddie & Max's Coppelia SP. Just magical.

I also liked Sui & Han's SP. So fun!

And I couldn't leave out D/F's FS!

Or Stolbova/Klimov's FS. Best use of lyrics this season, IMHO.

leeza

Spectator
Easily Kavaguti and Smirnov's freeskate. It consistently made me emotional all season, amazing.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Easily Kavaguti and Smirnov's freeskate. It consistently made me emotional all season, amazing.

Thanks for sharing Leeza. I see you've been a member here for some time but this is your first post. It's always nice to hear from new people. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Sui & Han's free skate

For me, it isn't about individual elements. I love a great original and well-performed element as much as the next person, but it doesn't sell an entire program for me and isn't what is significant about S&H for me. It's about their passion for the music. How committed they are to performing that music every time they go out on the ice. The variety of music & styles that they perform. And, in this case, I felt this program was special for it's maturity and power. I saw it live in Canada, and LOVED their performance there. But it was also truly amazing to see them grow within the program throughout the season.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're there any k-n-c moments that stood out?

ginsengtea

Rinkside
Yu/Jin's free program to 'Humility and Love' has fascinated me the most this season. Very elegant and subtle but emotionally poignant at the same time. I was very impressed that such a young pair could pull something like this off. There's something very special about them and their connection to each other, and this program just seemed to suit them perfectly. The choreographic sequence is stunning (there's a lovely moment where she goes into the Kerrigan spiral position and he leans down to her) and I love the ending pose among pretty much everything else. Their SP is very very good as well, David Wilson did a great job choreographing both programs.

SP from the GPF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xsNVeXNewI
FS also from GPF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHwygPvtnx8

Besides them I thought Peng/Zhang had a great set of programs as well, their performances at Worlds were wonderful to watch.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Tarasova/Morozov- all their big elements. The triple twist is a masterpiece. All done with flow and ease. I predict a great future for this couple.

andromache

Record Breaker
Getting to see Valentina Marchei's debut as a pair lady was one of my favorite pairs moments of the season!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
My absolutely favourite was...... juniors Fedorova/Miroshkin's absolutely gorgeous twist from spreadeagle at jGPF FS (I was so impressed at the time! +3 GOE all over the panel), and also their side-by-side bielmann. It was the moves.

Also Sui/Han FS and S/K FS with music in 3 different languages, I think it's really cool.

P.S. And also Trankov's comments about particular team :p

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
We're there any k-n-c moments that stood out?

Yuka's reaction after European Championship FS and SUI and Han reaction after finishing FS at Worlds.

As for programs - I have several favourites:

- Kavaguti/Smirnov FS to Manfred Symphony - a masterpiece for sure, only such a 'diva' pair could pull it off, cannot wait to see more Peter Tchernyshev's work this season, especially with ice dancers;

- Sui and Han both programs - aside of great elements, their skating really came together this season as a whole package;

- Chen Peng/Hao Zhang SP - this was a discovery for me at Worlds, I was amazed by this program and its execution;

Special mention to Valentina Marchei/Ondrej Hotarek debut - their reaction and enthusism were great :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't stand out in a good way....but I truly found Stolbova's reaction to S/K's LP at Europeans to be pretty unforgettable :hopelessness:.

Was that the death glare?

Last edited: