Favorite Ladies Programs/Moves from last season 2014-15 | Golden Skate

Favorite Ladies Programs/Moves from last season 2014-15

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara FS: Miss Saigon - the arabesque spiral on the music change is my favorite part of the program
Ashley Wagner FS: Moulin Rouge! - the 2A on the music change at the beginning
Zijun Li SP: Waltz Of The Flowers - very graceful and I thought this piece fit her perfectly
Kanako Murakami SP: Think of Me - her beautiful skating and the joy she brought when she performed this program made me forget she was doing POTO

Cherryy

On the Ice
Best move - definitely Polina's twizzles in the FP!

As for the programs, the only one that was actually memorable for me was Julia's SP, it's a pity she couldn't develop it more later in the season. Other than that, no masterpieces or anything close to it. The best ones were probably Satoko's Miss Saigon and Elizaveta's free, esp. at europeans, mainly because of her energy. I also enjoyed So-youn's Romeo & Juliet and Medvedeva's SP but it's not as if I rewatched them many times, as I usually do with the programs I love.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Ashley Wagner - Layover Camel, 3Lo-1Lo-3Wagner (two footed and underrotated, don't hate me, I LOVE Ashely)

Tukt - 3A

Radionova - Tacky limb flailing. It totally worked in her favor dancing to JLo, it was really charming int he short...tacky limb flailing in the long was just :shrug:

Next three aren't ladies but...
Yuzuru Hanyu - GPF entire thing

Jason Brown - Cross hand grab spin (Biellmann?)

Misha Ge - Step Sequence

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I liked so many programs last year. All the Russian girls were great. All the Japanese and US girls were great. I loved that pretty girl from Canada, Gabrielle Daleman. Gorgeous!!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Speaking of Russian skaters. Who works with them on their performance quality? They just ooze emotion when they skate. My Ballet Teacher would have loved them all. She used to stand in the middle of floor after we did a combination and say.....

"The combination was great!" "However, I'm getting nothing....Here" And she'd draw a big air circle around our faces. It used to make me so mad.:mad:

BrazilianFan

Rinkside
Ashley Wagner's sp and lp
Satoko Miyahara LP
Elena Radionova LP
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva LP
Julia Lipnitskaya SP
Anna Pogorilaya SP

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad Eveline Brunner is retiring. I fell in love with her skating during last year's JGP. Her jumps weren't her strength by any means but she had a certain way about her that really shone thru during the in between stuff. Never overselling the program and I think it actually worked to draw people in. In fact she was quite understated but it just felt right to me. Here is her Euros SP that got people talking.

https://youtu.be/tpmDG9vsuvs

mrrice

Record Breaker
Too bad Eveline Brunner is retiring. I fell in love with her skating during last year's JGP. Her jumps weren't her strength by any means but she had a certain way about her that really shone thru during the in between stuff. Never overselling the program and I think it actually worked to draw people in. In fact she was quite understated but it just felt right to me. Here is her Euros SP that got people talking.

https://youtu.be/tpmDG9vsuvs

Wow! She's great and so young. Did she have injuries? Why would she retire at such a young age? I've always said, it takes a certain personality to be a great skater. So many hours in a freezing rink while you're friends are out having fun. I used to hate hearing my non-skating friends telling each other about their great weekend plans. I knew where I was going. Far away to another competition. It can get depressing. At least in Dance, I had other dancers to complain to on the way to competitions.

Best of luck in whatever she chooses to do next.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I enjoyed so many programs this season by my favorites are:

Elizabet Tursynbaeva SP
Alaine Chartrand SP
Anna Pogorilaya's LP and SP
Kanako Murakami's SP
Julia Lipnitskaya SP
Rika Hongo's LP

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner - Layover Camel, 3Lo-1Lo-3Wagner (two footed and underrotated, don't hate me, I LOVE Ashely)

Oh jeez that's hilarious, I love Ashley too but haha that's great, it's great that she challenges herself even if it's not so successful

I really loved Kiira's LP last season, before I saw the choreographer I suspected it was by Jeffrey Buttle, a bit sad at what happened at Worlds, hope she does better next season

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Oh jeez that's hilarious, I love Ashley too but haha that's great, it's great that she challenges herself even if it's not so successful

I really loved Kiira's LP last season, before I saw the choreographer I suspected it was by Jeffrey Buttle, a bit sad at what happened at Worlds, hope she does better next season

I do believe Ashley can fix the < on 3S and stop Wagnering that jump in her 3 jump sequence.

Still think that it will be much harder for her to stop doing a 3F-3Wagner 3Lz(e)-3Wagner. She really shouldn't get away with not having edge calls or !.

That being said, I still think her PCS is being lowballed. I love Diva Wagner. There's a connection to the audience and an honesty in the skating that simply shows knowing how to channel emotion into performances. I see shades of it in Satoko. You can tell Ashley loves being on the ice.

ITA re: Kiira Korpi's long program. Divine.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva-short & long program

Satoko Miyahara-Miss Saigon

Li Zijun-Moon River

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I do believe Ashley can fix the < on 3S and stop Wagnering that jump in her 3 jump sequence.

Still think that it will be much harder for her to stop doing a 3F-3Wagner 3Lz(e)-3Wagner. She really shouldn't get away with not having edge calls or !.

That being said, I still think her PCS is being lowballed. I love Diva Wagner. There's a connection to the audience and an honesty in the skating that simply shows knowing how to channel emotion into performances. I see shades of it in Satoko. You can tell Ashley loves being on the ice.

ITA re: Kiira Korpi's long program. Divine.

I think she can fix that too if she works hard, she's good at being honest about her flaws so the judges are kind to her when it comes to the 3Lz edge, from Nationals until Worlds I remember she talked a lot about fixing that edge and I guess it kind of convinced the judges, none of them should have been ratified, all ! or e. It's good politicking on her part to sell herself as the underdog who doesn't give up on her mistakes. For her 3-3 she should keep the 3Lz-3T though since she says it's easier to glide into it and maybe get a ! call. Her 3F is one of her best jumps so she should repeat that instead of the 3Lz and work on steps in and out of it.

I think her PCS is fair, just that others are too high, and I agree that Ashley loves being on the ice, she's always trying to improve and I love that kind of attitude. Although not as outspoken, Mao had that kind of attitude too, to improve until the end, I love that kind of competitive fire.

About Kiira I agree with the LP too, it's a shame she didn't get to skate it on a big stage since it's also a great music choice, I wish she would keep it for next season but I think she got 2 new programs from Shae-Lynn.

seabm7

Final Flight

According to Wikipedia, her LP last season was done by Shae-Lynn Bourne.