Souvenir Georges-Éthier 2015 Beauport Québec Sep 24-27 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Souvenir Georges-Éthier 2015 Beauport Québec Sep 24-27

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Senior Men is on. But I think I heard the announcer say "Patrick Chan malheureusement........" (Patrick Chan unfortunately...) and the camera did not show the rink so I can't figure out if Patrick is there or not.

eta. Ah Nadster heard the announcement. I figure he was not there because there was no fanfare for the event or the skaters.

So Patrick pulled a Plushenko because he does not really need to debut his LP?

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
So Patrick pulled a Plushenko because he does not really need to debut his LP?
They may have announced the "withdrawal" officially just now, but it was known long ago that Chan was going to skate only his SP in this competition.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
They may have announced the "withdrawal" officially just now, but it was known long ago that Chan was going to skate only his SP in this competition.

I'm not surprised. Not feeling too bad about not making it to the rink after all.

nadster

Final Flight
Moore Towers /Moscovitch

Lifts are still a problem.

Duhamel/Radford

They are on fire. Only a fall on throw quad lutz attempt. Very well skated.

Skatie

On the Ice
Wow, those senior Free Dance scores are quite interesting! Would never have guessed that order of placement. HD must have had a rough outing.

nadster

Final Flight
Wow, those senior Free Dance scores are quite interesting! Would never have guessed that order of placement. HD must have had a rough outing.

They did. They had major errors on just about every element. Lifts were aborted as well in their program.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked MT/M's skating but I can't stand the R&J music cut and Baz Luhrmann's R&J dialogue, courtesy of Leo D. Everyone wants to skate to a Baz L. soundtrack whether it's Gatsby, Moulin Rouge! or R&J.

Speaking of Moulin Rouge!, I am really liking D/R's programs. Both songs are a great fit for them this year and they seem to have more of a emotional connection to the music and each other, not just reeling off new tricks!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I liked MT/M's skating but I can't stand the R&J music cut and Baz Luhrmann's R&J dialogue, courtesy of Leo D. Everyone wants to skate to a Baz L. soundtrack whether it's Gatsby, Moulin Rouge! or R&J.

M2 lifting MT is a little worrisome and plenty ugly. He still labors to get her up and can't stand straight with her overhead, moving slowly bending forward. He reminds me somewhat of Narumi's Japanese partner though not quite as bad. To think MT used to have one of the strongest Pairs partners, who now seems to have great potential with his new partner.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know where I can find the results and videos? I'd love to see them! Please and thank you! :)

You should always check the OP of a comp thread for the link to results.

Sure enough, Doris :bow: as usual has put the link to results in the OP of this thread.

She also has added links there to some videos :).

Thank you, Doris.

skatefancan

Rinkside
Thank you so much!

You should always check the OP of a comp thread for the link to results.

Sure enough, Doris :bow: as usual has put the link to results in the OP of this thread.

She also has added links there to some videos :).

Thank you, Doris.