2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events

hanca

Record Breaker
They say Gubanova had a fall on her first combo. The rest was good

Do you mean in her SP, or in her FS? In her SP she didn't fall, but she did two three turns before she managed to attach the second jump of the combination.

Roman09

Final Flight
Do you mean in her SP, or in her FS? In her SP she didn't fall, but she did two three turns before she managed to attach the second jump of the combination.
in her today's FS, which we haven't seen yet.. there was an info from a spectator who was there

Last edited:

Roman09

Final Flight
Well, I am a bit sceptical of that explanation" skaters don't withdraw because of a small fall. They fall numerous times during their trainings sessions, and they are willing to compete no matter what (Hanyu and Han Yan last season). If she had to withdraw, I bet it was a pretty bad fall, not just a small fall.
Agreed and I'm also concerned with it a little

Last edited:

Roman09

Final Flight
Dukar (Дюкарь) [d'-oo-ka-r'] :)

P.S. Konstantinova - great skate, but didn't like her dress. I agree with AlexRus - she could skate better than Mikhailova in Colorado Springs, but I'm not sure whether she can win Le (so and Mitrofanova). Unfortunately, besides Tsurskaya I can't see other strong and (the main thing) stable skaters among the new wave of Russian juniors. I hoped Fedichkina can be such skater, but :disapp: May be Mitrofanova? We will see

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
Dukar (Дюкарь) [d'-oo-ka-r'] :)

P.S. Konstantinova - great skate, but didn't like her dress. I agree with AlexRus - she could skate better than Mikhailova in Colorado Springs, but I'm not sure whether she can win Le (so and Mitrofanova). Unfortunately, besides Tsurskaya I can't see other strong and (the main thing) stable skaters among the new wave of Russian juniors. I hoped Fedichkina can be such skater, but :disapp: May be Mitrofanova? We will see

Masha haven't had a fall and won in Riga - stable performance if you ask me. :)

Roman09

Final Flight
No worries, if new wave fails, there will be tsunami "NuGuba" next season. :biggrin::party:
I would like to have your confidence. They showed good results in last season, but everything happens and nobody can guarantee that any difficulties won't break them (however, we can say it about all strong skaters). We will see how this season will develop for them

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
No worries, if new wave fails, there will be tsunami "NuGuba" next season. :biggrin::party:

Nugumanova maybe, but Gubanova did not really shine in her last competition. She had worse score than all her scores from the last season (if we don't count two novice competitions because they have some limits on jumps). I think Gubanova may be either injured or her puberty started early. We will see next year, whether she will be so high as you are hoping for. But puberty is a b**ch, it strikes no matter how talented you are.

If someone told me that Gubanova would score under 170, I wouldn't believe it. Was there last season any competition at all when Gubanova made mistake in the SP and in the FS (within one competition)?

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes, but she is not from the new wave of Russian juniors. It is her third junior season already

You are right. She is very talented but she wasn't particularly consistent in the past. As a result she had one gold medal from JGPF but otherwise not anything significant from her two years at JGP. No junior worlds medal. Her results would be great in any other country, but not in Russia where we can compare her to Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Medvedeva, all having junior worlds gold medal, (Tuktamysheva and Sakhanovich junior worlds silver medal). I am not saying that her results are bad, not at all, and at 15 her career is far from over, but unless she becomes consistent, she will struggle to beat the other Russian ladies and therefore may not have opportunities to compete at GP or Europeans or worlds.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
You are right. She is very talented but she wasn't particularly consistent in the past. As a result she had one gold medal from JGPF but otherwise not anything significant from her two years at JGP. No junior worlds medal. Her results would be great in any other country, but not in Russia where we can compare her to Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Medvedeva, all having junior worlds gold medal, (Tuktamysheva and Sakhanovich junior worlds silver medal). I am not saying that her results are bad, not at all, and at 15 her career is far from over, but unless she becomes consistent, she will struggle to beat the other Russian ladies and therefore may not have opportunities to compete at GP or Europeans or worlds.
I'm not sure this kind of obsession for perfection is any good: it's not that if a skater makes a couple of mistakes he/she is suddenly a complete failure, a disappointmente, someone hit by the puberty monster etc etc There are many excellent skaters who had bad and good periods as Juniors as much as they have as Seniors, and this hasn't prevented them from being extremely successful. Masha was injuried at the beginning of the season last season, so this may have had an influence on her consistency, now she is not injuried and we have all seen the result in the past couple of days! We're just talking about the difference between one mistake and a perfect program, after all :slink:
BTW, why is Sima using a 3S combo?! I know her lutz has edge issues, but this means losing heaps of points to Turskaya and Masha!

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm not sure this kind of obsession for perfection is any good: it's not that if a skater makes a couple of mistakes he/she is suddenly a complete failure, a disappointmente, someone hit by the puberty monster etc etc There are many excellent skaters who had bad and good periods as Juniors as much as they have as Seniors, and this hasn't prevented them from being extremely successful. Masha was injuried at the beginning of the season last season, so this may have had an influence on her consistency, now she is not injuried and we have all seen the result in the past couple of days! We're just talking about the difference between one mistake and a perfect program, after all :slink:
BTW, why is Sima using a 3S combo?! I know her lutz has edge issues, but this means losing heaps of points to Turskaya and Masha!

I am not saying that she is a complete failure, but I am saying that with the level of competition there is among Russian ladies, Sotskova's results in the last two years don't look very promising for her, because there is at least six ladies who had better results at her age. It obviously doesn't mean that she can't improve, but at the moment, in comparison with others, she could potentially get into situation where she won't be sent to any bigger competitions at senior level. There are only three spots for Europeans and worlds. And even senior Grand Prix events, there can be only three skaters from the same country per event, which means maximum 18 spots (9 skaters with two spots each).

Mao88

Record Breaker
Cup of St Petersburg - Junior & Senior Ladies FS Videos

Serafima Sakhanovich withdrew from the FS due to a fall in morning practice

Junior Ladies Final Result

1. Stanislava Konstantinova - 173.38 Free Skate
2. Alisa Lozko - Circa 169 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Anastasia Gubanova - 169.01 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Elena Pavlova - 150.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Varvara Dyukarev - 146.36 Free Skate

Senior Ladies Final Result

1. Alina Karavaeva - 140.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Maria Perederova - 140.08 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Maria Gorokhova - 123.14 Free Skate
4. Alina Prikhodchenko - 116,81
5. Daria Susha - 112.39 Free Skate

Report on the St Petersburg Cup + Interview with Serafima Sakhanovich

Videos from the Ladies Short Programs

Serafima Sakhanovich, 2nd Copy, SP Warm-Up

Stanislava Konstantinova

Alisa Lozko

Elena Pavlova

Varvara Dyukarev

Anastasia Gubanova, 2nd Copy

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Open Moscow Championships, Junior 1-4 Sep 2015

Updated list of competitors http://ffkm.ru/images/files/015-16/2015-09-01_OPM/Partlist_OPM2015-new2.pdf

Schedule (time Moscow)

01 Sep 2015
12:30-17:30 - Junior Ladies SP
17:45-19:00 - Junior Pairs SP

02 Sep 2015
10:00-14:00 - Junior Men SP
14:15-17:15 - Junior Ladies FS
17:30-19:00 - Junior Pairs FS

03 Sep 2015
10:00-13:00 - Junior Men FS
13:15-15:45 - Novice Compulsory Dance
16:00-18:15 - Junior Dance SD

04 Sep 2015
11:00-12:15 - Nonice Dance FD
12:30-15:00 - Junior Dance FD

In Junior Ladies of Total 41 Ladies - Bezrukova, Proklova, Iushenko
Also listed Mikhailova and Mitrofanova, sumiltaneously listed at JGP Event USA. What does it mean - I don't know.

In Junior Men of Total 32 Men - Samarin, Tarasenko, Erokhov, Samoilov, Savosin (pretenders to JGP), Murad Kurbanov

In Junior Pairs of Total 8 Pairs - Daria FOKA/Evgeniy KOSTAREV, Maria CHUZHANOVA/Denis MINTSEV (JGP)

In Junior Dance of Total 18 Couples - Loboda/Drozd, Sofia SHEVCHENKO/Igor EREMENKO, Eva KHACHATURIAN/Andrei BAGIN, Anastasia SKOPTCOVA/Kirill ALESHIN (JGP)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
So tomorrow we are going to see the status of Proklova. I liked her and I hope everything is ok now.

Did Bezrukova ever compete after her disappearing from competitions or is this her comeback?

Maybe Mitrofanova and Mikhailova entered to compete here just in case if they are out the JGP.

Country
Russia
So tomorrow we are going to see the status of Proklova. I liked her and I hope everything is ok now.
And Iushenko too, don't forget this talented girl, JGP Event and Final of Russian Cup Medalist.

Did Bezrukova ever compete after her disappearing from competitions or is this her comeback?
Bezrukova was moderately good at 5th Event of Russian Cup 02-06 Dec 2014 (4th with score 147.39).
After that she only had poor performance at Moscow qualifiers to Elder Age Nationals (17-20 Feb 2015) - no combo and 1A in SP, 39th after SP, not qualified to FS.
Only two competitions in 2014/2015 season.

Maybe Mitrofanova and Mikhailova entered to compete here just in case if they are out the JGP.
Yes.