Who's Going to Worlds? | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm hoping AT LEAST for the men's FP. I wanted to go to both the men's SP and FP, but once I saw the schedule of events (Which I have to say thank you to the committee or whoever for posting it 2 months earlier than I thought it would be posted), I knew only the men's FP due to school. I mean if it was during spring break, maybe both, but too expensive and I really only want to see the men's event. Now I'll have to wait for the single session tickets and for the Spring 2016 semester schedule of classes to be posted.

firal

Record Breaker
Any news on the Gala tickets yet? If I remember correctly they say it will be on sale this fall...well, we are there aren't we now?? :biggrin:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Any news on the Gala tickets yet? If I remember correctly they say it will be on sale this fall...well, we are there aren't we now?? :biggrin:

Yes, they did say the fall. But in a surprise to no one, they recently removed that info from the worlds2016.com website and tweeted that they weren't ready to sell individual tix yet. They estimated it would be ~6-8 more weeks, which would place it about the beginning of winter.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I said something to my dad, and he didn't say no immediately, so I think that's a good sign. Though it'll only be for the men's FP.

TelmoFe

Rinkside
Hello, I am from Portugal and I am trying to go. The tickets are out now, right? I just need to know my schedule to next year and book everything. I am looking forward to an amazing experience.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am going - just booked my Amtrak tickets to Boston! Only 3.5 hours from NYC on the Acela.

If you are planning to go - best to book now, I think most of the hotel rooms blocked off through Worlds2016.com are gone already. Not to say there aren't hotels in the Boston area with rooms available. Also try Air BnB, that's what I'm doing. I'll be a bit further from TD Garden but can get there by bus/T in 30 minutes.

I also bought my all event ticket - will be sitting in section 319 in the first row, so I'll still be in the rafters but have a clear view in front of me.

I will have to miss the Short Dance on Wednesday since I'm arriving that afternoon and won't be able to stay for the gala since I'll need to get back to NY for work on Monday. I do plan to see everything else, and hope to see some practice sessions.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Apparently not until late December/early January now. All-event tickets are going to be mailed from early January which ngl is making me just a wee bit nervous...

Hello, I am from Portugal and I am trying to go. The tickets are out now, right? I just need to know my schedule to next year and book everything. I am looking forward to an amazing experience.

Yes, you can buy all-event tickets from now! I hope you get to come! :yes:

I am going - just booked my Amtrak tickets to Boston! Only 3.5 hours from NYC on the Acela.

If you are planning to go - best to do book now, I think many of the hotel rooms blocked off through Worlds2016.com are gone already. Not to say there aren't hotels in the Boston area with rooms available. Also try Air BnB, that's what I'm doing. I'll be a bit further from TD Garden but can get there by bus/T in 30 minutes.

I also bought my all event ticket - will be sitting in section 319 in the first row, so I'll still be in the rafters but have a clear view in front of me.

Yay! :yay:

winky97

Medalist

If you are planning to go - best to book now, I think most of the hotel rooms blocked off through Worlds2016.com are gone already. Not to say there aren't hotels in the Boston area with rooms available. Also try Air BnB, that's what I'm doing. I'll be a bit further from TD Garden but can get there by bus/T in 30 minutes.

I will have to miss the Short Dance on Wednesday since I'm arriving that afternoon and won't be able to stay for the gala since I'll need to get back to NY for work on Monday. I do plan to see everything else, and hope to see some practice sessions.

I'm going and considered the air bnb option but got worried about getting lonely since I am coming alone and figured it might be easier meeting other skating people if I stayed at one of the hotels so I booked at Wyndam. I keep thinking about it though because going to Worlds is not exactly the cheapest undertaking. Excited though. I went to Skate America this past weekend and had a great time. I too am in the rafters at Worlds. Can't remember my section but I am just about center ice row 5 all event ticket. Could not make myself pull the tigger to drop big bucks for better seats. Once I see how some of my favorite ladies and men are doing this season and feel confident they will be at worlds I may treat myself to one or two tickets for better seats.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am planning on going. Haven't bought anything yet, but I am looking around. I will be there, I swear. Only for one day, maybe two, and I'm not sure which ones yet lol.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone book their trip through tour companies such Silver Blade or Dash Tours? I thought about it but it's not in budget!

winky97, I'm traveling alone although have friends who will be in Boston for Worlds. I'm doing airbnb mostly b/c it's more economical and I like having a kitchen. I imagine there will be some kind of meetup for us GS'ers.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I'm going!!! Might be by myself if my friend ditches due to her grad school schedule.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm going and considered the air bnb option but got worried about getting lonely since I am coming alone and figured it might be easier meeting other skating people if I stayed at one of the hotels so I booked at Wyndam. I keep thinking about it though because going to Worlds is not exactly the cheapest undertaking.

There's a lot of us at the Wyndham! :yes: Going to Worlds is definitely not cheap. Especially when you have to fly in from the other side of the world :no:. (Of course I couldn't be sensible and go to a Worlds closer to home. :laugh: )

Does anyone book their trip through tour companies such Silver Blade or Dash Tours? I thought about it but it's not in budget!

Because Worlds is only one part of my trip to the US, that's a no, and I wouldn't anyway...I can't see that they could do this any cheaper than I've done it myself.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'll probably be going alone to Worlds as well. I have friends going with me to Boston, but not necessarily to Worlds. One might, but she's more of a casual fan so I'm not sure. The other probably won't, and will visit friends while there. I'm fine with that, though, if I go alone. I'll bring a book lol.

No, I didn't. I'm going to be booking the hotel through my job, since I work at a hotel and can get discounts. Not sure where the flight will be booked through yet.