2015 NRW Trophy Single & Pairs 25- 29 Nov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 NRW Trophy Single & Pairs 25- 29 Nov

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just watched Gubanova, I recognized the name, probably seen her before. Great skating.

Ya she does come here every year, what a talent, I so enjoy watching her skate and I am grateful she does show her talent to us in Germany! She landed the triple Lutz with 9 already, today with the tano and in combination with the double Toe (she could probably do a triple Toe as well, but its not permitted at this type of competition. It was such a joy to watch, lovely position in the air, fast and stable. She is extremely mature as well, she is making sure to thank everyone at the ice rink for watching, so much grace and every element looks so effortless, exactly what you want to see from a skater.

She is a skater you just have to experience live, it is a thousand times better at the rink. She received 47.76 - so looking forward to tomorrow, great girl!

The Korean girl was great as well, the jumps all in the second half of the program, very well build choreography, similar to Evgenia Medvedeva and I love that. Too often skaters put the jumps all at the beginning and then the program lacks a bit the "progress". A little Yuna Kim? 41.04 she got.

Edit:

G3 next, ook out for Carolin Heß, she is pretty good me thinks and of course Linnea Ceder, go Suomi! Amalie Borup is the first Danish skater at NRW, if I am not mistaken, so welcome Denmark!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thank you for the live updates Alex D. I also greatly enjoy Gubanova, glad to hear she is progressing well!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you for the live updates Alex D. I also greatly enjoy Gubanova, glad to hear she is progressing well!

Your welcome, I try to post as much as I can when I have internet, sadly it comes and goes as it pleases. Hopefully the OC can fix this, then it will be easier ;)

Linnea

She fell right in front me, yet smiled at me, cute girl. I honestly wish more nations would teach their skaters in regards of posture and maturity, like the Russians and Fins do. They are friendly and kind, no matter what happens, so it has to be girls ;)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ya she does come here every year,
I gave it another thought... and no, I didn't recognize her. Turns out I was mixing her up with the other Anastasia Gubanova. (Junior pairs skater, qualified for the JGPF next month). :palmf:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Elodie Eudine, last skater in this group, I highly recommend her. Remember her from another competition and she has a very lovely way of skating.

Xenia, first skater is also great.

Alex D

Record Breaker
The Danish girl Camila was great, she did not hesitate at her jumps, almost instantly the entry and not much preparation for them, and she also smiled so much while trying to skate into every corner of the ice.

Anna Mario Ion from Romania, did not skate.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Shame about Lara Luft and her Rocky program, none of the jumps were working. I saw it last season, ít´s really nice, pity. :( I am sure you can find the video on YT.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I am back at my apartment now, the event is still going, but my knee pain was too big, so I had to leave. Good thing is, I have internet here, so that I can write the girls reviews I guess.

Right now, the Junior men are competing, so if you want to check this out, here is the starting order and the link

StN.
Name
Club
Nation
Johannes MAIERHOFER
AUT
Catalin DIMITRESCU
GER
Matyas BELOHRADSKY
CZE
Thomas JUNSKI
DEG
GER
Nicolay M. PEDERSEN
DEN
Dave KÖTTING
GER
Martin KRHOVJAK
CZE
Jonathan HEß
GER
Jan KURNIK
CZE
Dmitry SHUTKOV
RUS
Xavier VAUCLIN
FRA
Lukas BRITSCHGI
SUI
Kai JAGODA
GER
Roman SAVOSIN
RUS
Wayne Wing Yin CHUNG
HKG
Michel TSIBA
NED
Julian DONICA
FRA
Daniel TSION
DEN

http://nrw-trophy.de/livestream.html

Alex D

Record Breaker
Day 1 in a nutshell

The first day of the NRW Trophy was all about the youngsters, girls and boys between the age of 10 and 15. As with every year, someone very special has put her blades on the ice - Anastasia Gubanova. The young Russian and last years winner at Dortmund, is such a joy to watch, not only because of her sensational jumps, but also because of the incredible maturity and coolness that she has.
Back in the days, when she landed flip with 8 and lutz with 9, many probably thought "oh yes, a good skater", but the truth is, she is not just good, she is special. I featured her last year at my NRW column and I will do so again, she just belongs to the very special ones.
Right now, the 12 years old, is leading in the advanced novice and I bet she could add a triple toe with ease, to her triple Lutz - double toe combination, but oh well - it is not allowed.

Allowed, however, it is, to mention a few more skaters that competed alongside Anastasia. For instance, Sara Tuominen who had an incredible layback, it looked ace and she was so typical Fin, calm and smooth - hardly making a noise, like pretty much all the Suomi skaters or Rosalie van Wageningen from the Basic Novice A, who convinced with a beautiful choreography and honestly, had one of my favorite programs today. A competition by the way, that was won by Romee Verbeke, another of the impressive girls, with great skills in regards of musical understanding and placement for her elements or emotes.

In general, I was impressed by a lot of the skaters today, sure jumps might not always work and there are a few special ones, like Lara Luft who you kind of want to give a little hug at times, as it didn't go so well today, but in the end, it´s all about learning from your mistakes and as Liza said, even the Olympic champion does make mistakes, therefore girls and boys, it is totally fine, to mess up once in a while. ;)

Another aspect of the competitions are of course the mom and dads, who accompany their children and are filled with pride, whenever their precious steps on the ice.

While I am not a dad, I think it must be a wonderful feeling to see your daughter or boy skate and grow up. One of these daughters is Dora Hus, who cracked a huge smile today when she started her journey on the ice or Elodie Eudine from France, who really made my day with her grace and elegance and the way she interpreted the music. I tell you, it is a really special feeling when you sit there and all these skaters compete and you see them a few times a year and notice how they progress and keep getting better and better.

I have seen a few generations now and honestly, Adelina, Gracie or even Yuna Kim, they all started like these kids here and I wish there would be many more people joining them, as they give their best and such performances should not be unnoted.

Of course, a lot more has happened today, but as always, it is too much to write it down now, therefore I want to ask for your patience until the end of the event when I will post my column, most likely on Tuesday or so.

Thanks to all the skaters for these beautiful performances, I made a lot of notes already and maybe, the one or the other, will find her or himself in said column. Thanks a lot girls and boys!

P.S.

For the full results from today, please go here. http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1469/index.htm

Those waiting for the live ticker, we sadly could not make it work today. I do not know if we will be able to in the next few days, I am very sorry. :( I could commentate the stream, but seriously who would like to hear that? :eeking:

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Boys has started,

We have Riverdance by the Swede and the Rock by Marvin, pretty good music to skate to. Titus had a lot of issues with the jumps, prolly nerves. William is right now.

http://nrw-trophy.de/livestream.html

As yesterday, sadly very unstable internet, in the "bunker" as this place here is called, so not a lot of updates sadly.

StN.
Name
Club
Nation
Current Rank
Jonathan EGYPTSSON
SWE
Marvin RÖMPLER
USGC
GER
Titus SPANGEMACHER
ERCW
GER
William TRAUTWEIN
SCB
GER
Mathieu GOMEZ
FRA
Frederik SCHLÜTER
DEN
Florian PASCHKE
GER
Christian HASS
TGSV
GER
Niclas RUST
BTSC
GER
Theo BELLE
FRA
Jegor ESSLINGER
GER
Denis GURDZHI
TSCD
GER
Andrei PETRENKO
RUS
Louis WEISSERT
TSCD
GER
Gabriel FOLKESSON
SWE
Daniel SAPOZHNIKOV
ERCW
GER
Natran TZAGAI
SWE

Alex D

Record Breaker
Sorry folks, no internet.

We are at the advanced girls now, I so loved the Danish girl Amalie, she is so amazing. That expression, she is so skating for everyone here, lovely. Also enjoyed that Annika was trying to include her arms into the choreography, Lara did better today, loved her opening combination, but she is a bit like Kaetlyn, clumsy :drama:

StN.NameClubNationCurrent RankPoints
1Lisa WEIJER
NED3623.20
2Lara LUFT
LSCBNGER3722.13
3Ronit WINKLER
TSCDGER3523.31
4Amalie Borup CHRISTENSEN
DEN3423.63
5Annika GÖRLER
USGCGER3821.28
6Kyra PATTIKAWA