Tursynbaeva ready to impress after confident senior debut | Golden Skate

Tursynbaeva ready to impress after confident senior debut

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kazakhstan's Elizabet Tursynbayeva, who recently placed second at the 2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic, is ready for her Grand Prix debut at Skate America. [More]

Tursynbaeva showed solid performances at her most recent event in Salt Lake City, Utah, landing a triple-triple combo in each program. She claimed the silver medal just six points behind reigning World silver medalist Satoko Miyahara of Japan.

Here's wishing her luck at her GP debut @ Skate America!:cheer2:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
She shows great promise, especially with her country's support and a good coach. But I hope she gains some weight or grows taller: she is s.......o tiny, which makes me feel she is still a junior. I noticed in the most recent competition, her jumps did not look as good as at Junior Worlds earlier this year, with the same program. Probably her nation is pushing her to compete at the senior level as early as possible. She may have a similar career path as Denis Ten: great skater from a non-traditional figure skating nation, with tremendous support from home country. Being so young, time and resources is on her side. Good luck.:)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What an interesting article! I'm not sure how many skaters could skate in public ice sessions without a proper coach and place 4th at Junior Worlds, even beating someone named Sotskova :shocked: And for the part about music and beauty big :clap:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Very exciting talent. I love the idea of her competing for ice space with Javi and often beating him to the jumping spot, according to Orser in another recent interview. Roll on Skate America!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for the article! i knew she had visa problems and all but didnt know she had to train at shopping mall without a coach (except competition practices), and the progress she made after she finally moved to Toronto is amazing, adding 2nd Lz to the free and 3Lz3T to her SP!
she seems very mature and has strong personality, having set big goals such as finishing school ahead of time so she can focus on skating, plans to get involved in charity after she retires, , and we will see her compete a lot this season including Youth Olympics and Junior Worlds !! :love: i hope she wont over train though, good luck Elizabet :cheer:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yup… and let's see what happens when she gets grows up… not everyone recovers form that…. (i.e. phaneuf never did fully and never was as good as when she was 13-14 y o )
thanks for the article! i knew she had visa problems and all but didnt know she had to train at shopping mall without a coach (except competition practices), and the progress she made after she finally moved to Toronto is amazing, adding 2nd Lz to the free and 3Lz3T to her SP!
she seems very mature and has strong personality, having set big goals such as finishing school ahead of time so she can focus on skating, plans to get involved in charity after she retires, , and we will see her compete a lot this season including Youth Olympics and Junior Worlds !! :love: i hope she wont over train though, good luck Elizabet :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yup… and let's see what happens when she gets grows up… not everyone recovers form that…. (i.e. phaneuf never did fully and never was as good as when she was 13-14 y o )

yes,puberty is scary but for some reason i believe she will survive :laugh: looking at articles she seems to be a hard worker, fighter and doesnt give up plus she has great team and training mates behind her :cheer:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well, let's hope so...
yes,puberty is scary but for some reason i believe she will survive :laugh: looking at articles she seems to be a hard worker, fighter and doesnt give up plus she has great team and training mates behind her :cheer:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What an amazing natural talent.

She has such a light lyrica quality tht reminds me a bit of Yuna Kim and some of the balletic types like Czisny or a classical Suguri - delicate yet powerful. I am sad to hear she didn't skate for Russia but the competition would have been tough - I just think she has sucha beautiful presesnce on the ice she would really add to the Rusian team whose skaters right now aren't that lyrical ironically.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What an amazing natural talent.

She has such a light lyrica quality tht reminds me a bit of Yuna Kim and some of the balletic types like Czisny or a classical Suguri - delicate yet powerful. I am sad to hear she didn't skate for Russia but the competition would have been tough - I just think she has sucha beautiful presesnce on the ice she would really add to the Rusian team whose skaters right now aren't that lyrical ironically.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
She was my favorite to watch at USFSC. Two solid programs and a wonderful sense of maturity. Hoping she does great this season!!!