Jacksons to Risport | Golden Skate

Jacksons to Risport

KimYuna

Rinkside
I'm currently using Jackson Elites (the least stiff of the three) right now and I actually want to try Risports next. Do you guys know which model I should get? I'm 5"1 100 lbs and skates 3 times a week (min of 2 hours each). I'm currently learning axels. Oh and are the widths of the boots the same for every brand? Or is it still different?

MalAssada

Medalist
From stiffness ratings and your axel, I would think the RF3 would be a good one. There is plenty of information in the link I gave you, but someone in the forum mentioned that Risports are better for narrow feet.

Loops

Rinkside
Try them on before you decide. Every bookmaker has their own last, nothing is "standard". I skate in Risports (dance, only available in C width), and can tell you they have a last similar to Riedell's. They are built for feet that are relatively the same width from heel to toe, what my tech in the US calls "narrow-line", whereas Jackson's, if I understand correctly are built for feet that are somewhat wider in front.

vlaurend

Final Flight
Loops is right. Have a really experienced fitter try the Risports on your feet and advise you. All of the well-known boot brands make good boots, but whether they are good for YOU depends on whether the shape of your foot matches the shape of their boots.

concorde

Medalist
My daughter has a wide foot and switched from Jackson to Risport without an issue. She now prefers the Risports to Jacksons.

concorde

Medalist
Her last Jacksons were a C. Unfortunately I cannot find the sizing information on the Risports.

tjm

Spectator
My daughter has a wide foot and switched from Jackson to Risport without an issue. She now prefers the Risports to Jacksons.

Mine did the same. Jackson Freestyle to Risport RF3 (C width), for dance and freestyle, midway through learning her single jumps. She also has a wide foot. We did have to get the boots punched out as she got towards the next size. Other than that, no issues.

--Tim