2015 Skate America Results and Videos | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Results and Videos

ice coverage

Record Breaker
"Progressive #SkateAmerica Meet The Field" playlist on the USFS YouTube channel:

To promote/preview Skate America, the playlist has forty highlight videos covering each skater/couple/pair from all countries. Each video is approx. thirty seconds long.

Thx for the thread, Doris. Hope it is appropriate to post the playlist here.

(The Skate America website also has links to all of these videos.)

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Haha...Julie Lipnitskaya :laugh2:

karne noticed the more egregious misspelling of "Brendann Kerry." :(

And I have been grumbling in multiple threads that USFS messed up its own Sean Rabbitt's last name in its Autumn Classic video. :bang:

Eclair

Medalist
Hey there, is anyone planning to upload the entire event as a whole (not just 5 min. videos of the skaters' programs, but a continuous video showing every skater) on youtube or dailymotion?
The men's sp starts in europe at 4 am and I was wondering if I have to set my alarm clock or not ;) I love to watch events as a whole, therefore it'd be great to know in advance if I can sleep in or not :biggrin:
(icenetwork is not an option here, since I'm based in Europe and I've heard, that even Canadians have had problems accessing it ...)

EDIT: oops, I meant the men's sp at 4 am instead of the ladies sp at 2 am of course! ;)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Hey there, is anyone planning to upload the entire event as a whole (not just 5 min. videos of the skaters' programs, but a continuous video showing every skater) on youtube or dailymotion?

What doris said. :cool:

Even IceNetwork isn't livestreaming the entire event as a whole, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
The ladies sp starts in europe at 2 am and I was wondering if I have to set my alarm clock or not ;) I love to watch events as a whole, therefore it'd be great to know in advance if I can sleep in or not :biggrin:
(icenetwork is not an option here, since I'm based in Europe and I've heard, that even Canadians have had problems accessing it ...)

pretty sure the ISU Stream archives the programs in their entirety.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, golden411 linked to an ISUReporter tweet in another thread today, which suggests there may not be an ISU SkAm stream.

I saw that just after i posted.... grumble grumble grumble. We will figure something out... at this point I am just hoping to have skate radio, that is enough to keep me happy.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I saw that just after i posted.... grumble grumble grumble. We will figure something out... at this point I am just hoping to have skate radio, that is enough to keep me happy.

Either that or HAM radio. Gotta be something out there! :cool:

Eclair

Medalist
Okay, thanks for the replies :agree:
I guess I'll watch the ladies sp at 00:00 o'clock with is quiet reasonable and then skip the men's sp at 4 am, waiting for the shortened B eurosport broadcast at 7pm ;)

then watch the ladies lp at 10 pm and then set the alarm clock for 4 am for men's LP on sunday morning:drama:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Something I spotted within a local news report re Skate America:

Close-up shots of the screen at a judging station -- showing the layout for buttons for Ded; -3 -2 -1 (red); Base Value (yellow); +1 +2 +3 (green); Help; Skating Skills; Transitions; Performance; Choreography; Interpretation; Send Marks; etc.

Maybe I am the only dummy living under a rock who had never seen the screen, but it gave me a better sense of how the judges input their scores in real time.
The screen is seen from approx. 1:08 to 1:29 in the third video at the link below. The video is an interview with Charlie Cyr about judging (total length of 2:45).

http://fox6now.com/2015/10/22/the-worlds-best-skaters-are-coming-to-milwaukee-to-compete/

At the same link, the first video is an interview (2:38) with Tom Z, who talks a little bit about Max, and more extensively about Skate America in general, such as the high caliber of the skaters; how they earn points toward the GPF; etc.

The second video/interview (3:00) is about the technique of building/perfecting the ice surface for elite competition.
ETA (on Nov 10), I posted a summary of the ice tech's interview in the Stupid Questions thread:

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
The men's sp starts in europe at 4 am and I was wondering if I have to set my alarm clock or not ;) I love to watch events as a whole, therefore it'd be great to know in advance if I can sleep in or not :biggrin:

EDIT: oops, I meant the men's sp at 4 am instead of the ladies sp at 2 am of course! ;)
Eurosport Player might be your best option (for a price). They seem to have the full events scheduled on a dedicated channel of their Player (in addition to the regular broadcast channels that may only show highlights during daytime)... and if you can't record the streams (or recording fails due to connection dropped or somesuch) there might be on-demand replay avaialble for 7 days afterwards (I'm newly subscribed, so I don't know about the on-demand yet)

Eclair

Medalist
Eurosport Player might be your best option (for a price). They seem to have the full events scheduled on a dedicated channel of their Player (in addition to the regular broadcast channels that may only show highlights during daytime)... and if you can't record the streams (or recording fails due to connection dropped or somesuch) there might be on-demand replay avaialble for 7 days afterwards (I'm newly subscribed, so I don't know about the on-demand yet)

Hello Yesway, thanks for the tip ;) I've already subscribed as I've also come to the conclusion that the eurosport player is the best option for me :)

shyne

Final Flight
Anyone here with subscription to ice network? I just want to know when you watch it live with the subscription, are there any commentary?
Thanks

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, golden411 linked to an ISUReporter tweet in another thread today, which suggests there may not be an ISU SkAm stream.

Late-breaking update:

Turns out that the ISU Eurovision channel WILL offer (*geoblocked*) live streaming of Skate America and Skate Canada.

Thx to CL_fan and zebobes for bringing us this news on pages 6 and 7 of the Skate America TV thread.

(Mentioning the ISU Eurovision geoblocked streaming as a separate thing from the Eurosport offerings.)

Anyone here with subscription to ice network? I just want to know when you watch it live with the subscription, are there any commentary?
Thanks

For Skate America, IN will have commentary from Kwiatkowski, Bradley, and Belbin -- with Mancuso as host/moderator or whatever he is called.

(I had posted this information somewhere in another thread ... it's impossible to anticipate every place a question is going to crop up ...)

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 69.69 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
2. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) - 68.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
3. Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN) - 64.95 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU (CAN) - 64.85 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
5. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV - 63.41 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
6. Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA (USA) - 58.38 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
7. Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 58.25 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
8. Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN (USA) - 50.20 Short Program

British Eurosport videos highlighted in red

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Bless you Mao. I honestly think that Hola is now blocked for US watchers, so you are heaven sent!