What's Next for Alaine Chartrand? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What's Next for Alaine Chartrand?

lyndichee

Medalist
What's the rush now for a 3A? None of the other ladies are doing it. I think she should consider taking it out, skating a clean LP for the rest of the season and then look at it. Like I said, she has never had a clean LP before, her highest score had an edge call and UR. Fix that first.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Then maybe it's prophetic that she's chosen Gone with the Wind as her music, because that's what her goal is going to be, sad to say. If she makes it to Worlds and tries the 3a there, she could be cutting Canada down to one lady for 2017 Worlds---the pre-Olympic Worlds. That would be a real disaster. I hope she understands the significance of that.

If something awful to endanger the Canadian spots for Worlds happens I feel Daleman can salvage the sinking wreck. She has been really improved a lot from the season. Orser is not a main coach for Chartrand and Daleman, but in my opinion, he has no idea how to deal with and train female skaters in effective ways.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I felt horrible for Chartrand at Cup of Russia but also not surprised.

The 3A in her LP is smart if she had a disastrous SP and nothing to lose, so the risk is worth it. But when you're in 2nd after a strong SP, you can't be pulling a 3A<< fall, which screws you up on your next two jumping passes. She had an opportunity to medal (and would have if she did a 2A and landed either of her next two jumping passes in combination).

A shame, because that was a brilliant SP. I hope she's more prudent about it in the future.

Like Rippon's lutz, she's not even close to landing it and a 3A<<(fall) is worth 0.8 -- she would have earned more points for a single axel. :bang:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I felt horrible for Chartrand at Cup of Russia but also not surprised.

The 3A in her LP is smart if she had a disastrous SP and nothing to lose, so the risk is worth it. But when you're in 2nd after a strong SP, you can't be pulling a 3A<< fall, which screws you up on your next two jumping passes. She had an opportunity to medal (and would have if she did a 2A and landed either of her next two jumping passes in combination).

A shame, because that was a brilliant SP. I hope she's more prudent about it in the future.

Like Rippon's lutz, she's not even close to landing it and a 3A<<(fall) is worth 0.8 -- she would have earned more points for a single axel. :bang:

How good is her 2A? Could she do a 2A-something combo instead of a 3A?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
A 3rd place finish at Canadian Nationals is what's next for her, to answer the thread title.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Alaine needs to focus on correct/polish her easier jump technique first.
She is very ambitious, but her technique is far behind her ambition.
watched both GWTW programs at COR from Alaine and Polina, I have to say I prefer Alaine's program(even with a worse execution). Hope she could have a relatively clean outing of this program in the future.

witcher

Match Penalty
Because Alaine Chartrand has great personality - is cute, likeable and fast as hell while still elegant. Casual fans like me flock to such skaters and would love to see her doing well and represent Canada at the very top of skating world.
And because her two compatriots leave me cold as stone in mountain creek.