Soundtracks you think give good programs? | Golden Skate

Soundtracks you think give good programs?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay I couldn't fit the entire title. But I mean to ask if there are any soundtracks that will give rise to good programs besides the obvious ones of POTO, etc....?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Please god no stop with the movie soundtracks! If I have to see another awkward charades-style reenactment on ice...

Now that we have a vastly expanded field of music for the three non-ice-dancing disciplines to choose from, it's time to try some other things.

Franklin99

Medalist
Okay I couldn't fit the entire title. But I mean to ask if there are any soundtracks that will give rise to good programs besides the obvious ones of POTO, etc....?

For me, it's more about how well a skater performs to said soundtrack. For example, if you give the same soundtrack to Ashley and Gracie, Ashley will most likely give you a better performance, even if her jumps aren't 100%.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean I was thinking more of from musicals. Not so much of movies. And more LESSER-USED ones. You know? Cause I tend to think of ones not used really much.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me, it's more about how well a skater performs to said soundtrack. For example, if you give the same soundtrack to Ashley and Gracie, Ashley will most likely give you a better performance, even if her jumps aren't 100%.

Very true. Like a skater or dance/pairs team has to be able to be slightly kooky or quirky to skate to music from "Willy Wonka Jr." Or be able to naturally be that.

mrrice

Record Breaker

I would love to see a strong Dance or Pair Couple perform to this song from "A Star Is Born"

"Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Ro7baEa6w[/url]

Either of these would work: "The Way We Were"

from The Way We Were: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPQT2Ia8fU

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
I mean I was thinking more of from musicals. Not so much of movies. And more LESSER-USED ones. You know? Cause I tend to think of ones not used really much.

If that's the case, anything that is not a warhorse. Because we know that horse has died a million times already

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if anyone has skated to music from the music "Polar Express." But there's good songs from it.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Please god no stop with the movie soundtracks! If I have to see another awkward charades-style reenactment on ice...

There are thousands of soundtracks out there with every conceivable genre of music, and they don't need to be interpreted literally. I certainly don't want to see any more Moulin Rouge, Great Gatsby, or POTO programs, but there is no reason to steer clear of all soundtracks, that makes no sense.

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's too bad Samantha Cesario retired but someone else could bring "Evita" to life on the ice. Maybe Leonova since I hate her current LP Music. IMO, she's too talented for that horrible music she's currently using.

"Buenos Aires" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeoh78q31UE

Last edited:

oriquey

Final Flight
I've always felt that the Cloud Atlas and Grand Budapest Hotel soundtracks would be great to skate to. And I'd be happy to see more skating programmes using the LOTR scores.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Agreed with oriquey - I can't believe the LOTR soundtrack didn't spawn a million programs.

Apollo 13. Rush. :yes:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^On that note, surprised there aren't many HP programs. It had a great soundtrack, esp. for Deathly Hallows Part II.

oriquey

Final Flight
Agreed with oriquey - I can't believe the LOTR soundtrack didn't spawn a million programs.

Apollo 13. Rush. :yes:

^On that note, surprised there aren't many HP programs. It had a great soundtrack, esp. for Deathly Hallows Part II.

Do you think there's a sort of stigma against the use of scores/osts of fantasy films?