Country
United-States
27 - 29 Nov 2015
Nagano Japan

Pairs Short Program
Friday, November 27, 14:20 (UTC +9)

Time in Nagano, Japan (UTC +9)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/japan/nagano

Compare to the time near where you live (Nagano & Tokyo are in the same time zone.)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=179&p3=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236

Icenetwork streaming schedule
SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

11/27/2015 12:20am Pairs Short Program
11/28/2015 12:20am Pairs Free Skate

ENTRIES​

No.NameNation
1Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORDCAN
SP Elton John's 'Your Song,' sung by Ewan McGregor from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.
FS "Hometown Glory" by Adele
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39317-Meagan-Duhamel-amp-Eric-Radford
2Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCHCAN
SP Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin
LP Symphony No. 2 in E minor by Rachmaninov
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53231-Lubov-Iliushechkina-amp-Dylan-Moscovitch
3Xiaoyu YU / Yang JINCHN
SP Yulunga (Spirit Dance) by Dead Can Dance; choreo by David Wilson
LP Humility and Love (from "Creation" soundtrack); choreo by David Wilson
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52812-Yu-Xiaoyu-amp-Jin-Yang
4Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRESFRA
SP I Put A Spell On You by Joss Stone; choreo by Laurie May
LP Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; Oh Verona (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; choreo by Laurie May
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55195-Vanessa-James-amp-Morgan-Cipr%E8s
5Amani FANCY / Christopher BOYADJIGBR
SP La vie en rose by Louis Armstrong choreo by Mark Naylor
LP Ghost (musical soundtrack) by Dave Stewart; choreo by Mark Naylor
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...amp-Christopher-Boyadji&p=1297001#post1297001
6Vera BAZAROVA / Andrei DEPUTATRUS
SP Nocturne Number 2, Opus 9, in E Flat by Chopin (provisional)
FS Oh, Darling and Come Together by the Beatles from the Abbey Road album
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?50306-Vera-Bazarova-amp-Andrei-Deputat
7 Jessica CALALANG / Zack SIDHUUSA
SP It's a Man's Man's Man's World performed by Seal
FS Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Calalang-amp-Zack-Sidhu&p=1204765#post1204765
8Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIMUSA
SP Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
FS Elizabeth The Golden Age (soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, AR Rahman
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55191-Alexa-Scimeca-amp-Chris-Knierim

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
None has talked about the NHK pairs' event yet. However, along with ice dance, we can't be sure of the final qualifiers to GPF until the event begins. That means, yep, this event will be extraordinarily fun to watch. Everyone interested in pairs might have a big disappointment in not seeing a big match between D/R and V/T, but this event has a lot of thing to count on. Could the French and the American pair teams advance to the final for their first time? Or Chinese Yu/Jin succeed in going to GPF in a row after the last season? Will Canadian S/B have a benefit of the TEB card?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Many open questions.

It will be an easy match for D/R. They will win even with a lot of mistakes.

I am very disappointed about V/T's withdrawal. Their last top-event Free skate has been in Sochi. Now we have to wait till Euros to see them again and finally at worlds will be the big battle between all top pairs.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Many open questions.

It will be an easy match for D/R. They will win even with a lot of mistakes.

I am very disappointed about V/T's withdrawal. Their last top-event Free skate has been in Sochi. Now we have to wait till Euros to see them again and finally at worlds will be the big battle between all top pairs.

They presented their FS at the CS Nebelhorn trophy although it is not a top-level competition that you expect. Since Volosozhar has injuries to cure, their priority for her health comes first. Frankly speaking, I don't feel much sorry for their absence since they have never been my cup of tea and the entries have new teams eager to stand on the podium, not only at the NHK but also at the GPF. I like to see fresh faces.

QuadThrow

Medalist
They presented their FS at the CS Nebelhorn trophy although it is not a top-level competition that you expect. Since Volosozhar has injuries to cure, their priority for her health comes first. Frankly speaking, I don't feel much sorry for their absence since they have never been my cup of tea and the entries have new teams eager to stand on the podium, not only at the NHK but also at the GPF. I like to see fresh faces.

I think they have been overscored in their whole career. Especially concering the Free Skating PCS 2012/13 and 2013/2014. But IMO it does not matter if you like V/T or not. Their personalities and power, speed bring glamour and reputation into pair skating. I am glad that they decided to continue their careers and went into the fight against younger pairs. It would have been a safer but more conservative decision to retire and be content to win the battle against S/S.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
D/R will be in the final. Sc/K and J/C will be in too. Yu/Jin need to finish second to be in, which is very likely, they could even do better. The only chance the second Canadian pair getting the wild card would be Yu/Jin off the podium, which is not very likely. The French pair J/C will get the wild card if they finish 4th and Jin/Yu 2nd. If the American pair S/K finish 4th nobody get the wild card.

This is based on the four pairs finish 1-4, and I don't believe there are going to be spoilers.

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
V/T do not need a GPF medal; it's more important to heal and to upgrade their program. It's nice to see them back and S/M seem to have potential. Pair skating is just getting more and more exciting! I believe next world champions and OGM winners Would most likely among those with greater difficulties as well as good PCS. pcs alone does not appear to be sufficient any more.

firal

Record Breaker
Rooting for Y/J for this event. Although disappointed that we won't get to see the showdown between the Russians and Canadians, selfishly I am glad because that mean Y/J can move up the podium. Best of luck to all teams!

ginsengtea

Rinkside
Rooting for Y/J for this event. Although disappointed that we won't get to see the showdown between the Russians and Canadians, selfishly I am glad because that mean Y/J can move up the podium. Best of luck to all teams!

Yes! I'm hoping they kill it and take one of those two GPF spots!

icekiwi

On the Ice
Yes, I am rooting for Yu/Jin as well. Their SP at COC is just sensational. These are the same programs from last year, choreograhped by David Wilson. And because they have done them last year, you can see the improvements so clearly. Their step sequence and balletic movements throught the program are a lot more accentuated and allowed to pause and breathe, hence allowing the audience to build a story and and a character from the music. They have grown so much artistically. Yu has such a soft, flexible back. She is also an excellent jumper, Wang Xue Han and Cheng Peng are struggling a bit with their side by side jumps this season. Of all the chinese lady pair skaters, Yu has the best posture - very promising and the potential is there to be world champion one day.

ginsengtea

Rinkside
Yes, I am rooting for Yu/Jin as well. Their SP at COC is just sensational. These are the same programs from last year, choreograhped by David Wilson. And because they have done them last year, you can see the improvements so clearly. Their step sequence and balletic movements throught the program are a lot more accentuated and allowed to pause and breathe, hence allowing the audience to build a story and and a character from the music. They have grown so much artistically. Yu has such a soft, flexible back. She is also an excellent jumper, Wang Xue Han and Cheng Peng are struggling a bit with their side by side jumps this season. Of all the chinese lady pair skaters, Yu has the best posture - very promising and the potential is there to be world champion one day.

Hoping for a bit of a PCS boost since I thought they were definitely underscored in the SP at least at COC. She honestly has some of the best posture and carriage out of the entire field of pairs ladies, very balletic. I don't know about jumps since they only do the one triple, but she's definitely the most consistent out of the four girls in terms of staying on her feet and rotating/not popping. I don't want to jinx them for this competition though! Their time will certainly come.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
definitely Yu/Jin are the one to watch...She is so 'exotic' and somehow 'mysterious' in apperance and very ballerina on ice and he is a perfect match to her. Great skills, fantastic chemistry, good presentation - best luck to them!!!:hap36:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin need to give a little more in terms of expressiveness though, her in particular(not neccessarily "giving face"). I'm a fan, but I can see why some would think they're cold/boring. That may be me just being extra critical with my favorites, but I do think they deserve a little more in pcs.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm excited about seeing Scimeca/Knierim. It's been a long time since Skate America! I'm looking forward to seeing how they've tweaked and improved on their program, as well as their consistency.

Good luck Alexa and Chris! :cheer: And best wishes to all the pairs for a great skate!

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Go Yu/Jin! i just LOVE both their programs! Her posture is beautiful but she needs to give more face!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
V/T sealed their own fate by not competing. They won't face D/R until Worlds now, where D/R will go in as the undefeated champions of the season yet again, with higher tech content. There will be no reason for the judges to hold up V/T much, they will be seen as "unworthy" of winning (if D/R skate very well) since they haven't done enough to prove they are better.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
V/T sealed their own fate by not competing. They won't face D/R until Worlds now, where D/R will go in as the undefeated champions of the season yet again, with higher tech content. There will be no reason for the judges to hold up V/T much, they will be seen as "unworthy" of winning (if D/R skate very well) since they haven't done enough to prove they are better.

and this season's worlds will be held in the North America. :laugh:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Apparently they could not compete. Volosozhar was told a week before NHK that she could not train and do throws for at least two weeks. As I understood it the throw landings were really painful for her because of the heel injury, so she could not control them well. And not doing the throws cleanly would very likely mean losing to Duhamel/Radford anyway. Plus, they have said that they are aiming just for Europeans and want to regain that title, but Worlds are unsure. They also said in one or two interviews that they don't really expect to beat Duhamel/Radford and Sui/Han this season (when and if they meet in competition) and just want to get used to competing again (I am not linking those interviews/articles as I don't remember where they were posted - must have been in one of V/T fan threads or the Russian news thread here or on FSUniverse).

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
So excited that this is at a watchable time. Bring it on! :cheer: I hope S/K skate well enough to make the final but I'd also be super happy if J/C made it-while a 'Murican pair in the GPF for the first time in, what, ten years would be fabulous, an awesome where-the-heck-did-they-come-from underdog qualifier is even better. And with the extra TEB spot, they'd probably get in with a 4th or maybe even 5th place finish. Yeet! This is gonna be a great one! :dance2: