Cappellini & Lanotte: We are back on track | Golden Skate

Cappellini & Lanotte: We are back on track

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Italian ice dancers Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte have just qualified for their fourth Grand Prix Final of Figure skating, which will be held next month in Barcelona, Spain, and they are enjoying the progress they’ve made after a disappointing season last year. More

Both of their programs suit them well and have played a big role in their success this season. Last year, the Italian champions tried a different, darker style with “Danse Macabre” for the free dance, however, it didn’t really work out well. It wasn’t until the end of the season that the ice dancers appeared to have “grown into” their program.

What are your thoughts on their Free Dance this year compared to last year?

Did they choose well for the short dance? What can they do to improve it?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Great to see an article devoted to these two! I love their programs this year :love:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
How did I miss that interview? :jaw:

Thank you so much. I'm in love with them this season! :thank:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I actually liked their FD at last season's Cup of China. But it was SO uncomfortable for them... Zoueva made a mistake. But what I love about her is that she drop her ideas in a blink of an eye if they don't get POINTS. They changed concept for Euros, and it was still good, but not as good as CoC version. I'm talking about the dance itself, choreography, plot, but obviously not about execution.
This year their dances 100% on point, and great contrast to all the modern stuff other teams try to show after Papadakis/Cizeron success. Light, sweet and fun! Very smart coaching. And very smart choreographing. Bravo to Liudmila Vlasova, she did tremendous job with this two. And with Loboda/Drozd 'starlight waltz' too, by the way. :)
I'm expecting to see them on Worlds podium this season.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't watch Ice dance much, but how are their chances in the GPF compared to the other teams? I wish them luck!
:agree:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I don't watch Ice dance much, but how are their chances in the GPF compared to the other teams? I wish them luck!
:agree:

Very good chances for a podium. And they definitely have a shot for the win.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This year their dances 100% on point, and great contrast to all the modern stuff other teams try to show after Papadakis/Cizeron success. Light, sweet and fun! Very smart coaching. And very smart choreographing.

I agree. A very few duos could sell such bubbly, light style with entertaining/acting input in it - Cappelini/Lanotte is definitely on top of these duos. Then - as for the Papadakis/Cizeron modern stuff approach - this season proves that even less number of duos can sell this kind of programs...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not sold on any to the top teams which is probably why we can add the Shibs to the list - no one is owning it not the injured P and C, C and B, W and P or the Italians forget about the Russians who seem to have issues as to who is no. 1, 2 and 3. It's a year of great mediocrity.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think Cappellini& Lanotte really benefited from their rather conservative program choices this season. So many other teams have had to make changes. And I think their early season altitude training was a great idea.