Junior Ladies:

1. Polina TSURSKAYA (RUS)
2. Maria SOTSKOVA (RUS)
3. Yuna SHIRAIWA (JPN)
4. Marin HONDA (JPN)
5. Mai MIHARA (JPN)
6. Alisa FEDICHKINA (RUS)

Junior Pairs:

1. Amina ATAKHANOVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV (RUS)
2. Renata OGANESIAN / Mark BARDEI (UKR)
3. Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT (RUS)
4. Anastasia GUBANOVA / Alexei SINTSOV (RUS)
5. Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR (CZE)
6. Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Stepan KOROTKOV (RUS)

Junior Ice Dance:

1. Lorraine McNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER (USA)
2. Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS (USA)
3. Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD (RUS)
4. Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO (RUS)
5. Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romaine LE GAUC (FRA)
6. Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN (RUS)

Senior Men:

1. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)
2. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)
3. Shoma Uno (JPN)
4. Jin BOYANG (CHN)
5. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
6. Daisuke MURAKAMI (JPN)

Senior Ladies:

1. Gracie GOLD (USA)
2. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA (RUS)
3. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)
4. Mao ASADA (JPN)
5. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS)
6. Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Pairs:

1. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)
2. Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS)
3. Sui WENJING / Cong HAN (CHN)
4. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS)
5. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)
6. Yu XIAOYU / Jin YANG (CHN)
7. Julianne SÉGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU (CAN)

Senior Ice Dance:

1. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
2. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA)
3. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA)
4. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI (USA)
5. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA)
6. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS)

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to everyone! I find it intensely ironic that the ISU spent so long deliberating about the TEB situation and Julianne and Charlie are the only ones affected. But I'm a HUGE Julianne and Charlie fan so you won't catch me complaining!! :love: Can hardly wait for the final!!! My only regret is that Max isn't going to be there. :cry:

Edit: Also that Liza won't be there. :cry:
Edit of the edit: Also Rika. :cry:

I guess I had more regrets than I thought... :laugh:

Last edited:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Congrats to everyone! I find it intensely ironic that the ISU spent so long deliberating about the TEB situation and Julianne and Charlie are the only ones affected. But I'm a HUGE Julianne and Charlie fan so you won't catch me complaining!! :love: Can hardly wait for the final!!! My only regret is that Max isn't going to be there. :cry:

Edit: Also that Liza won't be there. :cry: :cry:

I honestly think that Liza not being there is the best for her, she needs the time off like no one else and especially before nationals. Surely, whoever gets 4th or 5th isn't really going to be seen in the second half of the season, at least not on the senior side...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Reigning World Champion misses out on the ladies', and ridiculously, one of the men's Grand Prix Champions isn't going to be there either.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I honestly think that Liza not being there is the best for her, she needs the time off like no one else and especially before nationals. Surely, whoever gets 4th or 5th isn't really going to be seen in the second half of the season, at least not on the senior side...

Oh no, I totally agree. But it doesn't mean I don't wish that she'd had another spectacular fall season and was going to the final in all her jumping glory. :D

lyndichee

Medalist
I was hoping that the ISU would let 8 in on each...so sad to see Liza and Gilles/Poirier not make the final.

If it were 8 per discipline then Han Yan, Max Aaron, Liza, Rika, Peng/Zhang, Gilles/Poirier and Sinitsina/Katsalapov would make it. That would be an awesome event to watch.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I was hoping that the ISU would let 8 in on each...so sad to see Liza and Gilles/Poirier not make the final.

If it were 8 per discipline then Han Yan, Max Aaron, Liza, Rika, Peng/Zhang, Gilles/Poirier and Sinitsina/Katsalapov would make it. That would be an awesome event to watch.

Yep!!! I was so hype for the GPF until NHK really, that event was such a let down legit only Hanyu pulled through...

Kinda saddened that Satoko:

A: Made it into the final, she's very good artistically but pre-rotates like no tomorrow
B: Without all that overscoring in NHK she will barely break 195 ish, so likely no medal chances there
C: She kept Hongo and Liza out of the final, with them in it surely would've been more exciting.

But congrats to her, she's the only one that showed up to the event. :)

paperhearts

Final Flight
Congrats to all the skaters!

Junior Men seem to be a fight between Chen and Yamamoto, though the rest of the men can be spoilers if one of them falters. It will be very interesting indeed, especially with the Youth Olympics coming up!

Same with the Junior Ladies, the strength is unbelievable. 1/2 Russian, 1/2 Japanese, all amazing and with podium chances. Of the 6, I think only Mai and Maria competed last season in Juniors and the rest are new Juniors? Really wow! Hopefully all the ladies skate well to make this an interesting event. Spectacular field, even without last year's silver and bronze medalists.

Regarding Liza not getting in, I feel sad that a competitor who might've made the field more interesting was left out however I think it's quite comparable to Wakaba too. It will be weird without either of them pushing the field, but I'm betting on both to make a strong comeback come their own Worlds. :)

For the seniors, the Men will be one to watch! 3 Japanese, 1 Spaniard, and 1 Canadian; with 3 likely front runners (Javi, Yuzu, and Chan) at this point in time, it will be interesting how the new Seniors and Dice fare against the field. Boyang can easily sneak up between the gaps of the top 3 if they're not up to par, same with Shoma and Dice. I feel it's weird that we were all expecting Kovtun to get in but he didn't, and from last year only Javi and Yuzu qualified again. You can draw a line between the top 3 and the bottom 3 but Men is so unpredictable that it will be hard to believe Boyang, Shoma, and Dice won't put up a fight against the big 3 (if they're not at their best). Tough field, but the same went with TEB men and NHK ladies; hopefully this is a better comp than both.

The Ladies are also deep-- 2 Russians, 2 Americans, and 2 Japanese, including a former World Champ and GPF Champ, reigning World Silver Medalist (I will never get tired of saying that), reigning World Bronze Medalist, reigning GPF Bronze Medalist, reigning Junior World Champ, and all have a National title. Deep. The Ladies are even more unpredictable than the men; will Wagner fight back from NHK? Will Elena show up in COC or COR form? Will Mao show up in JO or NHK form? Will Gracie skate clean? Will Satoko keep getting the same PCS as she got at NHK? So many questions, and only the ice has the answers. Too bad Rika/Liza weren't able to come and make the field interesting, but I do feel that the field is balanced as is.

Satoko has shown she can creep up the standings if the leaders falter; Evgenia has shown that she may be new but she's gunning for the top spot of the podium. A very interesting competition indeed.

(I don't think I am familiar enough with Pairs nor ID to speak about the other finalists, but I am happy for the finalists! Too bad about Sinitsina/Katsalapov, but eh, it happens.)

Good luck to all the qualifiers! They earned their way to a GPF berth-- now it's time to prove that they deserve to be at the top. :) Congrats again.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Kinda saddened that Satoko:

A: Made it into the final, she's very good artistically but pre-rotates like no tomorrow
B: Without all that overscoring in NHK she will barely break 195 ish, so likely no medal chances there
C: She kept Hongo and Liza out of the final, with them in it surely would've been more exciting.

That! I feel somehow cheated that the reigning world champ is left out because of stupid decision by ISU:( *I said it*
And for people who say that not being in GPF may be right, but don't forget that her being at Worlds 2016 isn't certain too! Russian Nationals ARE the hardest in ladies field, and she could easily be beaten, for example, by strong Adelina *who knows*, so keep ion mind that GPF could be last senior outing this year, given her form...:shame:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
So happy Seguin/Bilodeau made it, in their first senior season. And of course, Bobrova/Soloviev and Loboda/Drozd. Yay :)

deneuved

On the Ice
I think the rule is really unfair to Gilles/Poirier - at least they could have been let in as they are tied with B/S, and the distance to the first place at TEB is so tiny.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I think the rule is really unfair to Gilles/Poirier - at least they could have been let in as they are tied with B/S, and the distance to the first place at TEB is so tiny.

I agree.
But. They made a mistake when they choose the concept of their SD. Creativity is good, but not so good when it's so over the top. Shame they haven't skated their FD at TEB, though. I have a feeling it would be Hubbel/Donohue who would miss GPF then. But oh well...

tzazu

Medalist
That! I feel somehow cheated that the reigning world champ is left out because of stupid decision by ISU:( *I said it*
And for people who say that not being in GPF may be right, but don't forget that her being at Worlds 2016 isn't certain too! Russian Nationals ARE the hardest in ladies field, and she could easily be beaten, for example, by strong Adelina *who knows*, so keep ion mind that GPF could be last senior outing this year, given her form...:shame:

If Liza is not able to win a spot in her Nats to be in Worlds, it's because she doesn't deserve to be there :confused2:. Though I hope she will :yes2:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
If Liza is not able to win a spot in her Nats to be in Worlds, it's because she doesn't deserve to be there :confused2:. Though I hope she will :yes2:

Once again, you miss my point. People confuse Rus Nats with Japanese/American/Canadian. There it's quite simple. Regarding the field diversity there it's true that only 3 skaters are usually World quality. They can easily get their medal with mistakes, because they can let it. In Russia it's impossible - you have to skate lights out, the pressure is going to be insane! And becoming a medalist in Russia doesn't mean, that other skaters are not ready or bad for Worlds skaters. They could have had a fever/nervous breakdown, whatever. I think Liza needs to have her confidence back, I think that winning a medal at GPF could be that thing for her. Her next big serious event is going to be Rus Nats, thanks to ISU, how is that fair? She is a world class skater, being left out not given a chance to prove her class. :(

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
Once again, you miss my point. People confuse Rus Nats with Japanese/American/Canadian. There it's quite simple. Regarding the field diversity there it's true, that only 3 skaters are usually World quality. They can easily get their medal with mistakes, because they can let it. In Russia it's impossible - you have to skate lights out, the pressure is going to be insane! And becoming a medalist in Russia doesn't mean, that other skaters are not ready or bad for Worlds skaters. They could have had a fever/nervous breakdown, whatever. I think Liza needs to have her confidence back, I think that winning a medal at GPF could be that thing for her. Her next big serious event is going to be Rus Nats, thanks to ISU, how is that fair? She is a worlds class skater, being left out not given a chance to prove her class. :(

I get your point perfectly, its not a matter of class (she has more than many others) but Liza is not in her best now, does she deserve to be in the final only to gain confidence? And then, which one of the other six finalists do you take out? Or do you take her in and Rika out with better performances this year? And it's not thanks to a stupid ISU's decision, it was a dreadful event that cost many persons life the reason for ISU's decision

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
In the end, there are 7 skaters in only 1 discipline - pairs, Canadians S/B made it thanks to the special rule and they weren't even ones who had a real disavtantage due to TEB results (Liza, Patrick, Max, T/M, G/P), since no one expected them at GPF anyway and finished third at previous GP.

What does it say about the rules? Patrick may have made the GPF but he was fifth in the standing and Dice who was sixth was third twice, a combination of placements that rarely put skaters to the final. Basically none of those who had disadvantage at TEB mase the final.Should have ISU let eight skaters go? Liza and G/P would have made it then, as G/P can be especially bothered since they missed the final by some 0.5 points.

jace93

On the Ice
Reigning World Champion misses out on the ladies', and ridiculously, one of the men's Grand Prix Champions isn't going to be there either.

both things have already happened in the past...

Out of the top of my head(probably it's happened other times):
last year Daisuke Murakami won the nhk, but it was his only gp, so no qualification.
in the fall of 2010 Mao Asada, reigning world champion and Olympic silver medalist didn't manga to qualify for the final...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am just extremely happy with these lists, and the men's senior event is just mind-boggling: the reining world champion, the reigning Olympic champion (and world records holder), the three-time world champion, the reining world junior and junior GPF champion, the guy who jumps quads like there's no tomorrow and has the Future (look at the way he improved his presentation in a few weeks' time for the NHK SP) and of course also has a fair few major medals in his pocket already, and Daisuke Murakami, who is amazing in his own right and already has a GP gold medal in his pocket, too.

I will be cheering for them all. :love:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I get your point perfectly, its not a matter of class (she has more than many others) but Liza is not in her best now, does she deserve to be in the final only to gain confidence? And then, which one of the other six finalists do you take out? Or do you take her in and Rika out with better performances this year? And it's not thanks to a stupid ISU's decision, it was a dreadful event that cost many persons life the reason for ISU's decision
I know about Paris and I don't say that to call the competition off was a bad thing to do, but I do stand with my point that ISU could have made a better decision - they discussed it what, several days? And their wonderful solution lets just 1 pair of all participants in. That's what frustrates me. And yeah, I believe Liza could have been higher than Satoko overall (or Ashley), who knows. Now we won't see it.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the finalists!:clap: hopefully everyone will bring their A game and it will be a great event.

I'm looking forward most to that men's field, it's just :love: Seeing our current reigning overlords (sadly minus DTen) go up against 2 exciting newcomers and really coming into his own Dice is so exciting! Will Javi keep it together under hometown pressure this time? Will Yuzu keep his NHK from? Will Patrick get that SP right this time? And can the other 3 challenge the 'big guns'? It's going to be great!

Should have ISU let eight skaters go? Liza and G/P would have made it then, as G/P can be especially bothered since they missed the final by some 0.5 points.

While I get the wishes for Liza and G/P being here (I think Max might have made it with 8 skaters too?), IMO 8 skaters is getting to difficult logistically. How do you manage that? Do you have 8 men on the ice at the same time during all practices and even the warm-up? To be honest, that sounds rather dangerous to me. We already have accidents with skaters crashing into each other with 6 men, but it's pretty rare. 8 men on the ice at the same time makes it sound like a recipe for a big crash to me...