2015-16 Grand Prix Final: Ladies Preview | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final: Ladies Preview

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the first time in recent years, every single competitor in the Ladies’ discipline at the 2015-2016 ISU Grand Prix Final has won a Grand Prix event this season. In addition, the season’s best overall scores for all but one lady in this Final is above the 200-point mark.

Fans are anticipating an interesting and somewhat unpredictable ladies’ competition when the short program starts Friday in Barcelona, Spain. :drama:

More

What are you anticipating happening in Barcelona? Who concerns you? Excites you?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Another in-depth analysis of the Ladies various strategies and strengths. Thank you!

I am concerned about Mao, whose jumps can be off or on or sometimes both in the same program.
I'm least worried about Evgenia who is blazing through her senior debut.

Radionova is always exciting and I hope Satoko can continue to do what she does best...be consistent and steady.

Most interesting is how the American Ladies will place and also how they will be judged as they face off against each other.

Barb

Record Breaker
I love Mao but this time I want Gracie win, she needs more a big title for motivation.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Thanks for the preview, very well thought out! My predictions are Med, Radio, Satoko, Gold, Asada, and finally Wagner. (with only a possible switch between Satoko and Gold)

I'd have put Radio in first, but oy, that program! It's a beautiful soundtrack and I will confess I started skating after I watched Titanic and I skated to the music religiously. I know what I would do to the music. Not that, let's just say.

I'm sorry for Ashley, but she is by far the weakest athletically in this event. Her jumps are +/- at best, she never gets the levels on all her spins, etc.

Alex D

Record Breaker
It sure will be a very interesting battle.

Personally, I hope that no matter what happens to Gracie, that the people at the forum and the media are finally fair to her and respect her achievements. There is nothing more rude and disrespectful than claiming "she lost gold..." as it happened a while ago. She has the strongest kit of all ladies, the maturity and expression, two gorgeous programs and a good jumping repertoire.

The way how the PC´s are rewarded will most likely decide who will win. Based on former competitions, I see a big plus for Gracie, Mao and Evgenia in the short, with Gracie and Evgenia having the stronger FP´s. Elena is a bit the dark horse here, she can grab points from the judges like no other - her natural appearance and passionate skating just goes into everyone heart. It will be very interesting to see, how this turns out. While I favor Gracie and Evgenia, I would not say that they can take it easy - Mao is a champion and Elena is everyone's darling.

May the better lady win.

umeko_yur1tasukee

On the Ice
It sure will be a very interesting battle.

Personally, I hope that no matter what happens to Gracie, that the people at the forum and the media are finally fair to her and respect her achievements. There is nothing more rude and disrespectful than claiming "she lost gold..." as it happened a while ago. She has the strongest kit of all ladies, the maturity and expression, two gorgeous programs and a good jumping repertoire.

The way how the PC´s are rewarded will most likely decide who will win. Based on former competitions, I see a big plus for Gracie, Mao and Evgenia in the short, with Gracie and Evgenia having the stronger FP´s. Elena is a bit the dark horse here, she can grab points from the judges like no other - her natural appearance and passionate skating just goes into everyone heart. It will be very interesting to see, how this turns out. While I favor Gracie and Evgenia, I would not say that they can take it easy - Mao is a champion and Elena is everyone's darling.

May the better lady win.

:luv17: I so love this post ...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I have feeling this may be Gracie's year FINALLY for her break out season, but Evegenia may pip her in Europe (look at Javier's mark yesterday) ... then world is in the US, sooo... ANYTHING can HAPPEN! Elena is always a dark horse, and I want her emote herself into a Gold medal just for the heck of it. It will be really absolutely fabulous type of medal, darrrlings!!

I'd be happy for either to do well, and hopefully Mao manage to find good health and compete at her best again, because when she is at that level, the young are not going to catch her.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Gracie does have champion programs this season, and the Worlds to be held in Boston. It's time for Gracie to win the big title. :)

eta. I am cheering for Mao and Elena, though. ;)

Last edited:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Gracie does have champion programs this season, and the Worlds to be held in Boston. It's time for Gracie to win the big title. :)

eta. I am cheering for Mao and Elena, though. ;)

Was shocked to read that Mao placed sixth, but according to today's Nikkei she has gastroenteritis and was being sick before the FS. Wasn't Alex Shibutani sick as well? I hope they both recover and get back in form before their respective Nationals.