2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

khughes

On the Ice
I bought single tickets to all SP:s except dance and pairs ladies free. My place and even the stand chances in every event, but all are Ice Level 1. Tt seems that I have tickets almost in every compass points in different events. So I skip men's free, dance and gala.

It would be nice to meet some of you, if possible. Hartwall Arena have room more than 13 000 viewers during Ice hockey, probably it is near the same, so it is not easy to find each other.

I would be very happy to have a get-together. Suggestions anyone?

lyverbird1

Final Flight
If there's a nice bar at the arena that would be great for a get together. I'm led to believe that there are not a lot of restaurants or bars in the surrounding area for meet ups like there were in Boston so we may have to make do with something at the venue if people weren't willing to make a trip into the city. I guess that wouldn't be ideal anyway...

khughes

On the Ice
If there's a nice bar at the arena that would be great for a get together. I'm led to believe that there are not a lot of restaurants or bars in the surrounding area for meet ups like there were in Boston so we may have to make do with something at the venue if people weren't willing to make a trip into the city. I guess that wouldn't be ideal anyway...

I would be very happy to meet in the center, possibly the night before the event, and maybe at the arena on another occasion. I don't know Helsinki and I haven't looked over the schedule, but our Finnish members might have good ideas. What does everybody think?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jealous of those of you going to be at Worlds. If one of you would like (maybe lyverbird1?) I can make one of you guys the admin in the GS Slack group, which is what we used to organize get-togethers and informal meet-ups during Boston Worlds. It's a really effective way to organize things (and lyverbird can attest to that!) and also it will give me an excuse to stalk you guys and get green with envy. :D

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
Jealous of those of you going to be at Worlds. If one of you would like (maybe lyverbird1?) I can make one of you guys the admin in the GS Slack group, which is what we used to organize get-togethers and informal meet-ups during Boston Worlds. It's a really effective way to organize things (and lyverbird can attest to that!) and also it will give me an excuse to stalk you guys and get green with envy. :D

Great idea! lyverbird1,could you please???:luv17:

Ireth

Rinkside
Does someone know which will be the privileges announced for the tickets vip? In the web, they said that all event tickets would have a good seats, hand-program for free and some privileges that would be announced later...but no announcement has been made yet.I have asked in organization facebook...and the don't know...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Echoing Ireth's question, been wondering myself. It's the premium tickets, not the VIP, but yeah, curious.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Have you found this: http://www.helsinki2017.com/tickets/vip-packages

I am not from Helsinki myself. I'll go to my brother's house 30 minutes away from the central on Tuesday night and leave on Saturday morning. I visit Helsinki few times a year, but I have miserable knowledge of directions (please can someone Finnish speaking translate better "surkea suuntavaisto", did not find any translation in my dictionaries). From Pasila to Helsinki is 5 km but there goes trams and trains all the time during day time. Please notice Pasila station and area in it's neighbourhood is under big renovation, so navigators, if you use one, may not be up to date. There are some occasional traffic arrangements.

Maybe something between competitions? Well, I must go to my Pilates now and be back later.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Sorry, I have premium tickets too.. I wrote it wrong.

I thought as much, because I recognized the description you gave as being premium tickets.

Unfortunately all available info on the site is about the VIP seats, not the premium ones.
Considering people paid about 1000 euros for the premium package, you would think they would have more info ready less than a month before the event.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Very little information about the premium, but here is couple of sentences, seems to be only in Finnish: http://orangedigital.fi/demo/helsinki2017/fi/liput/all-event-liput

There is told only that places are on ice level 1-3 and all event premium tickets inludes the program. There is said that there are also other advances which they will tell later more. Maybe they have forgotten to tell? But, we are in Finland. The habbit of the country maybe some discounts to restaurants and shops or something like that. Maybe some "kitsch". Just guess, often it is so here.

nobutan

Rinkside
This has probably been asked and answered so many times in the thread but.... does anyone has a recommendation of things to do/daytrip from Helsinki?

Unfortunately as I can't afford to buy all the tickets for the worlds, I have the wonderful opportunities to explore Finland in between the competitions.
I already have Tallinn in my itinerary and exploring Helsinki itself seems doable during the short break i have after morning event and before the gala.

khughes

On the Ice

Thank you so much for offering. I'm hoping someone more technologically competent than myself volunteers, but if not, how difficult is this to manage?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
There is an event calendar, where you an find something: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/what...nts-in-helsinki#/?listing_id=52359&date_start[date]=27/03/2017&sorting=date_end;ASC&mode=list&date_end[date]=02/04/2017

If you like museums, there are couple of free museums in the centre:
http://www.paivalehdenmuseo.fi/en/
http://www.helsinginkaupunginmuseo.fi/en/

Maybe this was already here: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/come/tourist-information/brochures-and-maps
There is a little flag and language on the right top, there you can change language. The brochures are in eleven languages. I think there are printed brochures in the arena, too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thank you so much for offering. I'm hoping someone more technologically competent than myself volunteers, but if not, how difficult is this to manage?

It's actually pretty easy to use. The user interface is very intuitive.

Merjan

On the Ice
This has probably been asked and answered so many times in the thread but.... does anyone has a recommendation of things to do/daytrip from Helsinki?

Unfortunately as I can't afford to buy all the tickets for the worlds, I have the wonderful opportunities to explore Finland in between the competitions.
I already have Tallinn in my itinerary and exploring Helsinki itself seems doable during the short break i have after morning event and before the gala.

-Yes, Tallinn is good. A nice Finnish city 50 km from Helsinki, 50 minutes by bus, is Porvoo. Visitporvoo.fi
It's lovely in summer and maybe this time,too.
If you want to skate yourself: jaapuisto.fi, it's Ice park in the City center.
Nice and expensive cafes in Helsinki (3) Fazer cafes. www.Fazer.fi ( kahvilat ja leipomot > cafe). I love their chocolates, at Easter they'll have lovely Mignon Easter eggs.
If it's cold, there's a big shopping center in Itäkeskus, 15 min by metro from the centre, itis.fi

And then a new and great place if you want to go to sauna:
www.loylyhelsinki.fi

Last edited:

khughes

On the Ice
It's actually pretty easy to use. The user interface is very intuitive.

Oh dear! I already don't know what you're talking about. I'm hoping the member you flagged gets over here. If not, can we speak on the phone?

Oreo

On the Ice
-Yes, Tallinn is good. A nice Finnish city 50 km from Helsinki, 50 minutes by bus, is Porvoo. Visitporvoo.fi
It's lovely in summer and maybe this time,too.
If you want to skate yourself: jaapuisto.fi, it's Ice park in the City center.
Nice and expensive cafes in Helsinki (3) Fazer cafes. www.Fazer.fi ( kahvilat ja leipomot > cafe). I love their chocolates, at Easter they'll have lovely Mignon Easter eggs.
If it's cold, there's a big shopping center in Itäkeskus, 15 min by metro from the centre, itis.fi

And then a new and great place if you want to go to sauna:
www.loylyhelsinki.fi

Merjan, is Tartu worth a day trip? It looks like you can take the train over early in the morning and come back in the afternoon. And thanks for the above!