2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
If you're having trouble to figure out where exactly your seat is going to be: try this :)
You're all kinds of awesome, but I guess you already knew that. :biggrin:
Well, not surprised about the seats.

edit: does anyone happen to know what these premium seats offer aside from good seats? I haven't seen any details about that yet.

Last edited:

Ireth

Rinkside
You're all kinds of awesome, but I guess you already knew that. :biggrin:
Well, not surprised about the seats.

edit: does anyone happen to know what these premium seats offer aside from good seats? I haven't seen any details about that yet.

They only said that we have hand program for free...and they tell me that if we can't go for any reason, the pay us back the money and resell the tickets for other people.

I think my seats are good...second row in sector 118

kelleigh

On the Ice
If you're having trouble to figure out where exactly your seat is going to be: try this :)

Great thanks! :thumbsup:

They only said that we have hand program for free...and they tell me that if we can't go for any reason, the pay us back the money and resell the tickets for other people.

I think my seats are good...second row in sector 118

Wowww, they can refund!? I am really amazed, that's very kind to the customers.

:( Mine is in somewhere very very very outskirt... I have actually got a Level 1 ticket, row 4 in a better sector, now I am a bit in a dilemma...

khughes

On the Ice
Thanks for this!

Thanks to that seating chart, I can see I am in Section 117 in seats 109 and 110, so as close as possible to Section 118. Does anyone know what is dividing the sections? Would it be an exit, or would it be an actual barrier? Just thinking about safety - though, luckily, figure skating doesn't appear to be high on terrorists' lists of to-dos.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
the actual seats are divided differently than what you see on the seating plan. Usually there's nothing that divides the sections by which tickets are sold (at least not right through the blocks of seats). On this picture you should be able to see where your seats are going to be

jtpc

Rinkside
It looks like the kind of setup where the stairs you walk down are in the middle of the section, seats 101, 102, 103 etc. go to the left, seats 1, 2, 3, etc. go to the right.

So, an entire row between sets of stairs would probably be (as an example) seats 1-10 of one section, beside 110-101 of another.

You'd have something like: stairs, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 110, 109, 108, 107, 106, 105, 104, 103, 102, 101, stairs.

Caliblue

Rinkside
the actual seats are divided differently than what you see on the seating plan. Usually there's nothing that divides the sections by which tickets are sold (at least not right through the blocks of seats). On this picture you should be able to see where your seats are going to be

Thanks! What a cool picture! It kind of makes me feel better about where i'll be sitting (and flying half way around the world to get there :eeking:).

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Got my tickets, flight and hotel booked and paid. Starting to feel real now! Hard to believe it's still 10.5 months away... :reye:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Can't really help in that area, I have never been to Helsinki and have just been going on my friend's expertise.
It would seem smart to try and get a place to stay at walking distance from the main train station, though. Unless:
1. you're desperate to stalk, ahem, I mean sightsee ( *grin* ) skaters, then try and stay near their hotel, or
2. you don't want to travel back and forth to the venue every day from the city. IIRC there is a hotel at walking distance from Hartwall.
The official website lists a whole bunch of hotels, but they were all pretty expensive. Then again, Helsinki isn't exactly the cheapest city in Europe, either.

Caliblue

Rinkside
Thanks, Winnie. I just emailed the person in charge of "Hotels and Accommodation." I'll post their response when/if they respond. It's supposed to be only 5 min from Pasila to Helsinki, so staying near the main train station sounds like a good idea.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What I can tell you is that a lot of people will, in fact, be staying at the hotel next to the skaters hotel. Myself, I actively try to avoid bumping into skaters, so booking a room there would be the last thing on my bucket list, but you can see how many rooms have been reserved through the official hotels page. I count about 90 reserved rooms at the Crowne Plaza, and that's just through this official page, who knows how many more through other channels like (usually cheaper) websites like hotels.com or booking.com . Clearly a lot of people do enjoy a bit of skaters spotting. ;-)

The Sokos Pasila hotel has 54 rooms reserved, obviously that's a good option for the people who don't want to go back and forth to the city center.

The Holiday Inn, Radisson Blue Plaza and the Cumulus Kainiemi seem popular with the booking site, and those are very near the train station.

Upnights

On the Ice

Could you tell me more about that, Ireth? Did a ticket agent or an organizer tell you about reselling premium tickets? Is that written somewhere on the tickets or the website?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ireth

Rinkside
Could you tell me more about that, Ireth? Did a ticket agent or an organizer tell you about reselling premium tickets? Is that written somewhere on the tickets or the website?

Thanks!

I'll try to explain it...but you know..my english is very bad.
I could'nt buy all event ticket when they put it on sale because it was very early, this tickets haven't a cancellation insurance...so I ask for a premium tickets. When I received my first email from an organizer, I ask if it would be possible pay a cancellation insurance or similar...This what she said to me(copy and paste from that mail):

Hello
Don't worry. If something unfortunate things happens (hopefully not) you
can always contact me and I will fix your money back and sell the
tickets to another client.

Best regards,

I suppose that the have a waiting list...and if someome can't go, they will reselling the tickets to another person of this waiting list.

khughes

On the Ice

Thanks for the great photo.