2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

Violetti

On the Ice
http://www.helsinki2017.com/home

Here you can find info in English for the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships in Helsinki, Finland.

All-Event ticket sale will start at the end of March 2016.

I do not know where to put this thread so I put it here and you can move it to proper place if this is not the right one.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I suppose this is only a very, very preliminary schedule.
It's the order of the events on the tickets, even though no dates are listed, I think it does make sense, chronologically speaking.

Monday morning & evening practice
Tuesday morning & evening practice
Wednesday morning practice / Ladies SP / Opening / Pairs SP
Thursday morning practice / Men’s SP / Pairs FS
Friday morning practice / Ice Dance SD / Ladies FS
Saturday morning practice / Ice Dance FD / Men’s FS
Sunday Gala

Dina

Spectator
Hey guys,

I'm a new member of this forum - although I have been following the threads for some time now. I'd like to buy a ticket for Helsinki but I'm not sure which seats I shoul buy. What is the difference between ice level 1 and 2? Is it worth paying that much more or do does level 2 still have a good view? Thanks for your help.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Welcome to the forum!

I don't have personal experience with this venue, and I don't really know what you would consider a good view or not...

If you go here and scroll all the way down, there is a general seating plan. http://www.helsinki2017.com/tickets
That should give you an idea of the difference between level 1 and 2. In block 119, for instance, I think rows 1-10 are probably Level 1, and rows 11-20 are Level 2, but in other areas Level 1 seems to be about twenty rows, with Level 2 another twenty rows?

You can also check out the ticket website www.lippu.fi and search for the 2017 worlds, and then just click on one of the all-event tickets, you'll be taken to a page with a seating plan that more clearly shows all the blocks and rows.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Hey guys,

I'm a new member of this forum - although I have been following the threads for some time now. I'd like to buy a ticket for Helsinki but I'm not sure which seats I shoul buy. What is the difference between ice level 1 and 2? Is it worth paying that much more or do does level 2 still have a good view? Thanks for your help.

This is very hard to answer and also depends on your own sight and preferences.

In general, premium are the first rows (1-3) at ice level, then you have the general seating of level one which are the next rows, most likely cut off from 1-3 and then you have level two, which comes after the second section of seats. Like at the Titanic :laugh: just in opposite order and that the ice rink won´t sink.

Each venue is different and the most expensive seats are not necessary the best, as at Bern the first rows were so cold, that we needed blankets and at other venues, smaller people couldn't look over the boards. That being said, I love my Fins and I am sure they will do their best, so that every seat is super awesome!

Dina

Spectator
Thank you, Alex :)
Do you know if it is possible to choose a side of the rink where I'd like to sit or is it just automatically assigned?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you, Alex :)
Do you know if it is possible to choose a side of the rink where I'd like to sit or is it just automatically assigned?

You can choose which side, if you follow this link

http://www.lippu.fi/worlds2017

Click on the ticket you want (8 or 9 event) are the first two, the balcony seats are the two ticket categories at the bottom.

On the next page, click Valitse paikkasi itse / Avaa paikkakartta tästä. There you can choose your seat and section.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Out of curiosity, which side would be the judges side? The upper in the picture at the website or the bottom? It seems that there aren't many tickets on sale... that, or the Japanese tour companies have already bought loads of them or something.:scratch2:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Out of curiosity, which side would be the judges side? The upper in the picture at the website or the bottom? It seems that there aren't many tickets on sale... that, or the Japanese tour companies have already bought loads of them or something.:scratch2:

Judges are top, 108 - 109. Fins like to buy tickets too and the Spaniards since Javier Fernández come with huge amounts of people too. :laugh: But ya, the Japanese are the craziest for sure.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Judges are top, 108 - 109. Fins like to buy tickets too and the Spaniards since Javier Fernández come with huge amounts of people too. :laugh: But ya, the Japanese are the craziest for sure.

Thanks for the info!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Only a limited amount of tickets went on sale yesterday. No premium seats and no seats in the center blocks on the judges' side.
Some of those judges' side blocks probably never go on sale (VIP), some others will probably be sold as combo packages with hotel etc.
It will be interesting to see when and how many seats on that side, and on the Ice Level, actually go on general sale...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
All-event tickets bought! Yay! Already can't wait, it will be epic. And Finland is a wonderful, beautiful country.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Will be purchasing my tix for Helsinki soon! So sad that I couldn't be in Boston this year especially now that I live in the US. But work is work, oh well.

Helsinki will be especially badass with Kostner and Virtue & Moir now back as well! :luv17:

Violetti

On the Ice

They sell only all-event-tickets now. The single-event tickets on late autumn 2016.

Violetti

On the Ice
Will be purchasing my tix for Helsinki soon! So sad that I couldn't be in Boston this year especially now that I live in the US. But work is work, oh well.

Helsinki will be especially badass with Kostner and Virtue & Moir now back as well! :luv17:

And the most spots for the Olympics 2018 will be based on the results of these Worlds in Helsinki.

kelleigh

On the Ice
Having said that a lot of seats are being blocked, I guess some of them are kept for single event tix? Probably my guess is not realistic but I hope they take care all kinds of audiences as much as possible indeed.

BTW I bought my tix yesterday and the system was quite nice to me, seats were good enough to make my day. Seats are running out swiftly yesterday...