2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
Welcome to GS, LCP! Post long & often :)

How wonderful that your experience in Boston turned you into a fan! I'm sure you will enjoy Helsinki as well. Feel free to ask any questions here, we'll do our best to help you :)

Thanks for the warm welcome :) Despite having booked air and hotel I have not purchased an advance all event ticket although I'm debating it as I must plead complete ignorance as to how quickly this whole thing will sell out once the individual event tickets go one sale. Ideally I'd like to attend the Ladies SP on March 29th, Ladies FS on March 31st and the EX on April 2nd and possibly one other event.

Last edited:

knghcm

On the Ice
Are the separate event tickets out yet? I want to attend men & women's final at a relatively close distance to the rink (is Ice Level 2 close enough?), how much should I budget myself. I'm a poor uni student, but thankfully lives in Europe.

TMC

Record Breaker
Thanks for the warm welcome :) Despite having booked air and hotel I have not purchased an advance all event ticket although I'm debating it as I must plead complete ignorance as to how quickly this whole thing will sell out once the individual event tickets go one sale. Ideally I'd like to attend the Ladies SP on March 29th, Ladies FS on March 31st and the EX on April 2nd and possibly one other event.

It's really hard to say how full the arena is going to be. The Euros were in Stockholm in 2015, and it looked like the arena was maybe only 1/3 full (that arena is massive, though, so you have to consider that). Other things to consider: 1) This is Worlds, which means more people in the audience than Euros anyway, 2) Ladies is the most popular discipline, so they will have the biggest audience, 3) Best seats sell first. In any case, I'm 99% sure that tickets will be available at the door on day of, so no need to worry too much (although those might mostly be balcony tickets) :)

Are the separate event tickets out yet? I want to attend men & women's final at a relatively close distance to the rink (is Ice Level 2 close enough?), how much should I budget myself. I'm a poor uni student, but thankfully lives in Europe.

The single event tix will go on sale late in the autumn. I'm guessing that means October? It might be a good idea to subscribe to the newsletter here, and if possible, follow Worlds2017 on Facebook and Twitter. They will probably tweet and post as soon as the tix are available, hopefully a few days prior.

I think Ice Level 2 will be close enough, but of course it depends on what you consider "enough" ;) I bought Ice Level 2 tix and mine are in the very last row of that section. From the photos of the arena, it looks like the seats are reasonably good, and I'm normally really picky when it comes to seats.

Rissa

Record Breaker
whut? :roll9: premium now goes up to row 6 and ice level 1 all the way up to row 21? ok......

:agree:

Is it cheaper or more expensive than it was before?

I took the ticket that, according to the map, was as VIP before and the tickets in row 4 on the side opposite the juges are still ice level 1...

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Eh, really? I missed seeing that, but, uhm... that's just weird.
Hey, I guess that means we got premium seats, after all. :laugh:
Unless I was hallucinating, I saw a premium seat on the judges' side in block 110, row 6, and it was quite premium pinkish.

Is it cheaper or more expensive than it was before?
If I'm not completely mistaken then ice level 1 tickets were only up to row 15 on the side opposite the judges (at least in blocks 117-119), and rows 16-21 were ice level 2. But apparently the seats in those areas are now all ice level 1 (and therefore more expensive)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Unless I was hallucinating, I saw a premium seat on the judges' side in block 110, row 6, and it was quite premium pinkish.
Huh. Does that seem strange to you? Because it kind of does to me. People who booked as early as possible and reserved premium seats didn't even get the chance to get premium seats in block 110. I'm pretty certain blocks 107 through 110 were never available as premium seats. Right?
Although, the picture on the official website does show part of block 110 being premium (in that picture, yellow area)... but only the top area, and that cannot possibly be as low as row 6.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I thought premium seats were the ones you only got through the email reservation thingy, and up until now none of them had been available on lippu.fi. And I don't think I've seen any available tickets in sections 108-110 so far, no matter what category.
That picture never made any sense at all to me, to be honest. :slink:

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
Thank you for the information and heads up on the ticket release. I just secured a seat I'm pleased with in Block 120.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yeah. there are LOADS of new good seats available now, level 1 starting on row 4. Not bad, wow.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Hi everyone. I got myself and my friends seats in Section 120 (Row 8)! Yay!!!!! Haven't been to Worlds since Nice 2012. Can't wait!!
I was debating whether to get hold of them now or wait till the individual tickets come available, but I notice that pretty much all sections that are not grey on the map (i.e. "Closed") have been released, and I didn't want to risk losing good seats. I guess we'll find out with the individual ticket situation later.

It's interesting that the same row (e.g. #21) is classified as Level 1 and 2 within this section. Long side vs. short side - is the logic? As close as Row 12 in Section 102 (corner) is available as Level 2, if anyone is interested.

Can't wait to share the fun stuff with you all! :) :) :)

QuadThrow

Medalist
Hi everyone,

I do not know if you guys have already talked about this. Were is the difference between tickets for balcony 1 and balcony 2??? The seats seem to be quite similar but balcony 1 is way more expensive than balcony 2.

Thanks for your answer.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Hi everyone,
I do not know if you guys have already talked about this. Were is the difference between tickets for balcony 1 and balcony 2??? The seats seem to be quite similar but balcony 1 is way more expensive than balcony 2.

Thanks for your answer.

My best guess:
Balcony 1 tickets should give you access to the practices. :)

ETA. I have no idea why the forum makes the quote look like that :roll9: I tried to edit it, but every time I go on preview changes, the forum changes it back. Well ok forum, if you insist :confused2:

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Will it be possible to buy these items in Helsinki or is this web shop the only option?
I can't say for sure - but I will be amazed if they don't sell these at the arena in Helsinki, as well as online.

Finland "generally" seem to be very good at making the most of merchandising and franchising opportunities... I recall Angry Birds at Finlandia Trophy... along with the usual and always-busy Luhta sports gear etc merchandise stands...