Polina Edmunds Withdraws from Worlds | Golden Skate

Polina Edmunds Withdraws from Worlds

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Too bad for Polina. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

But woah, Mirai! Her first worlds appearance in six years.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I'm sorry to hear this! How terribly disappointing it must be for her - so close to Worlds' too. Get well soon, Polina.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So many injuries this season. Wish Polina speedy recovery & wish Mirai at least as good skates as she had in 4CC :cheer:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Get well soon Polina! It must have been a difficult decision to make, but I hope that plenty of rest will prevent more serious injuries.
I wish Mirai to make the most out of this opportunity.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
It is rare i feel so guilty for feeling happy.

I think Polina can come back fighting just fine. I respect her for withdrawing rather than splating and risking more injury. A poor showing at worlds would not have helped her.

But not going to lie... very happy for Mirai....so happy to see her success as of late and I hope she can have a great season end at worlds.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Disappointed for Polina but I'm also like 10 times excited for Mirai. :hap93:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Poor Polina. That's too bad. :(

However I am extremely esastic for Mirai! Considering how on her recent TSL interview she spoke about how much she's wanted to return to worlds for a second time. I hope she's been training well as first alternate since 4CC.

sc8

On the Ice
I hate that for Polina, but a great opportunity for Mirai. All accounts suggest she's been preparing for worlds in the event she gets the call, so I'm excited for her. It's an unfortunate situation for Team USA (not sending our three strongest), so I hope our top 2 score 13 placement points or less and secure 3 spots. I think a top 10 would be a great placement for Mirai and likely motivate her for next year.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Sad for Polina but she is still young and can come back strong next season. Shocking that her last event of the season was Nationals.
So happy for Miria!!!!:clap: Mirai skated so well at 4CC I think this really changes everything. This is such short notice but I am sure Mirai is up to it. Mirai wanted to go to worlds so bad, funny how things work out. But, yes, now I feel guilty.

So many injuries this season.

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
This really is a sad development but this is also Mirai's chance to prove herself.

brightphoton

Medalist
nooooooo :( I was really looking forward to a Gone With The Wind LP without underrotations and a new Scarlet O'Hara themed dress

I really hope she repeats it for next year. I liked it, and yet I think it wasn't skated to its full potential and it's a good program for her

jaq

Rinkside
MIRAIIII!!!!!!
Sucks for Polina. She always seems to withdraw wicked late.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow. I know Nagasu is very popular around these forums but I am disappointed by this news to say the least. :(:disagree:

Hope Edmunds can rebound next season. I wanted to see her, I really did. Plus she's been instrumental in reducing pressure on Wagner/Gold on making sure US kept 3 spots...

It's very short notice for Nagasu, hope she's up to it.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I have great respect for Polina for not skating injured at Worlds. This hasn't always been the case with American women.