Your ONE must-have program of the season | Golden Skate

Your ONE must-have program of the season

andromache

Record Breaker
To pass the next few days until Worlds begins, I figured I would pose a difficult question:

If you could only rewatch ONE program from this season, what would it be? No lists, no honorable mentions. One program. (Though you can add what could happen at Worlds to change that.)

For me, pairs has been my favorite discipline this season, and ladies is the discipline I'm the most emotionally invested in (US ladies always breaking my heart.) But my one program would be Papadakis/Cizeron's FD. I say this as a huge Shibs fan who would love to see them win Worlds....but P/C's FD just does something to me. I think it has to do with the abandon they skate with.

A perfect Firebird from Gracie or a PERFECT LP from Sui/Han could surpass it. But otherwise P/C win the season for me, program-wise.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
The programs I've watched over and over are P/C FD, Shibutani's FD, Hanyu's LP, Shoma's LP. Over and over and over!!!

desertskates

Medalist
Evgenia Medvedeva's long. Love the music and choreography. I just wish she'd lose the floppy tano jumps.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Hmmm this is really hard, only one program? Not one from each discipline? I think team skating (pairs and ID) and singles skating bring very different things to the table that can't be replicated by the other but I'm just trying to find a loophole heh

I would probably choose Yuzuru's Seimei, I was literally covered in goosebumps at GPF, I like his Chopin better than Seimei overall choreographically and artistically but Seimei is more fresh since he's redoing Chopin. I love that he's doing a cultural program this season, makes me think of Yuna's Homage to Korea program, absolutely gorgeous programs done to music from their respective countries. Bravo.

If I could choose a separate one for team skating I would choose Shibutani's Coldplay FD, Ice Dance is probably the most conservative of all of the disciplines but I think this is a fantastic way of using modern music with lyrics in a competitive program.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Shibs' FD. Watched over and over, and I'm not even a true dance fan. It just gets me.

Runners up:

Ross Miner's SP. When he hits it.

Patrick's 4CC LP.

And more obscure skaters:

Orford/Hill's SD. :love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Hey, this is not a fair game, since you say so many ONE programs in the OP. :biggrin:

My one and only program will be Patrick Chan's LP because I got thrilled to his performances at Skate Canada and Four Continents. I was somewhat skeptical about his comeback as his technical contents looked to me not enough in this quad battle era. However, his every quality of the elements and interpretation to the Chopin music were just spectacular and gorgeous to watch. I've watched the program over and over. I can't take my eyes off his every moves on ice in the program.

If I can have another ONE, my pick would be Marin Honda's SP. I think she is already a refined and sophisticated artist on ice at 13 years old. Her SP at JW blew me away. I'm really looking forward to see how such a talented youngster would develop as a skater since I've been losing my interest in the current senior ladies' quad. I see some hope from her along with her junior competitors for the next generation.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This is easy. Serafima Sakhanovich's short program. DUH! :whack:

Simply criminal that it will never see the light of day on a major stage.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max's Black Swan.

The version that is perfectly clean and wonderful at Worlds. ;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Max's Black Swan.

The version that is perfectly clean and wonderful at Worlds. ;)

I'll go for the perfectly clean and wonderful "Nessun Dorma";)

Amei

Record Breaker
Yulia's SP - specifically Nationals, for the first time she looked like she wanted to be out on the ice and she was having fun.

Bobrova/Soloviev FD, similar to el henry I'm not even a big ice dance fan.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shibutani's free dance (especially nationals version).

And since other people are cheating and naming more programs, Patrick Chan's long program from 4CC and Alaine Chartrand's long program from Canadian nationals.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i will add one vote to the Patrick Chan LP.... we have been lucky, there's been 3 of them that were spectacular

at SC : comeback win... but also, emotional as his first real competition....
at GPF : WAAAAA

but the best one was at 4CC. every move was in symbiosis with the music.