Figure Skating Anime | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Some characters look alike some skaters that we know and Kenji Miyamoto will be handling coreography.

Teaser

The anime will be directed by Sayo Yamamoto who also directed the short about Figure Skating "Endless Night"
Video Start at 1:20 mark

Tech team looks really amazing

Manga creator Mitsurou Kubo (Moteki, 3.3.7 Byooshi) and director Sayo Yamamoto (Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, Michiko & Hatchin) are credited with the original work for the series. Yamamoto is also directing and overseeing the scripts for the series, and Kubo is designing the original characters and drawing the storyboards. Additionally, Tadashi Hiramatsu (Parasyte -the maxim-) is adapting the character designs for animation, Kenji Miyamoto is credited with the figure skating choreography, Taro Umebayashi (aka milk from PIANO) and Taku Matsushiba (PIANO) are composing the music, and Keisuke Tominaga (Kids on the Slope, Terror in Resonance music director) is the music producer. MAPPA will animate the series.

Source

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The blond character in the red-and-white Russia jacket is so obviously Plushy :laugh:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I believe that if I were to watch it, I'd constantly harp on it for not being realistic... :slink: (so I'll pass on this)

(I think you could get a decent anime out of the current Cricket Club, though. :p)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Very interesting! I would love to see this, as it would be fun seeing who appears, and how they are portrayed.

And I see that it is being distributed by Avex Trax, who also distributed Shanadoo, a Japanese girl group that I liked about 10 years ago. (Was it really that long ago???!!! :eek:)

It's a page from the Kiss & Never Cry manga. The character in the left hand corner resembles Tarasova (at least, to me XD).

Same here. :agree:

But, what I want to know is when did Tarasova start working with Rika Hongo?! :jaw:

(Suffice to say, it's not blocked with me! ;) :biggrin: )

CaroLiza_fan

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The blond character in the red-and-white Russia jacket is so obviously Plushy :laugh:

Probably he is. https://twitter.com/kudryavkaaa/status/713992556510482432 They call Yuri "tsar" (emperor, prince) "living legend" these are Plushy's names in Japan. And we all know his popularity in Japan. This wouldn't be first time when Plushy is an actor in anime, cartoon, game( many people think he inspired Ivan Braginsky in Hetalia etc.)

But maybe this skater is a mix of Russian skaters.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I saw the original Endless Night at Animator Expo, as well as a BTS shot of how they did the choreo, it was such a huge thing for such a small video, so I have great hopes that this will work out too. This is the original video, if anyone cares to see it:

http://rutube.ru/video/9e0db02eed61cd931735c601066630de/

I don't see it here so

With our main character Katsuo Yuuri played by Toyonaga Toshiyuki, rival skater Yuri Plisetski played by Uchiyama Kouki, and the international super skater Victor Nikiforov played by Suwabe Jun’ichi, we’ve got an amazing cast bursting at the seams with popularity and prowess!

So sounds like a typical rival plot of anime, but we are still really early in the game with this one.

Last edited:

chameleon

On the Ice
There have been other figure skating anime before, but this is the first time I've been impressed by the animation. It was a good idea for them to get a real choreographer on board. Maybe if this becomes successful they'll introduce other disciplines too.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
OMG I'm so excited for this new animeee yeeeesss finally something serious about figure skating :peace:
And Kenji Miyamoto as choreographer :love: this is just awesome. I have to stop writing because I could never finish with the beautiful adjectives for this promiseful magnificent work :biggrin: