Dream Programs | Golden Skate

Dream Programs

Layback11

Record Breaker
So, being that Worlds is over, it's not too long until it'll be program announcement season! :cheer: So, when the announcements start coming, what do you hope your favorites (or anyone) will skate to?

Basically, a seasonal version of "pick the music for your favorites." To go with the GP threads. :p

Also, I hope Yulia Lipnitskaya will skate to Valse Triste. :yes:

taltaltel

On the Ice
I hope Satoko will skate her LP to Daphnis et Chloe. :love: It would really suit her so well. And she can show a bit more drama with the buildup at the end too, and rub it in the faces of everyone who calls her dry.

I want Mao to turn her Jupiter exhibition into a real short program. It showcases her lines so well. Since she's crossing off the warhorses one by one in her LP, maybe Romeo and Juliet, Carmen or Turandot would be coming next.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elena Radionova skating to Monde Inverse.
Like Julianne & Charlie? Ooh, fun! I like that idea. :love:

She should do a Bollywood FS-it would force her to actually use her arms to convey the mood of the program, so she wouldn't be flailing them. :laugh:

Seruleane

Final Flight
ooh, Bollywood is a great idea for Lena. I want her to do smthg energetic and fun. No more love ballads!

Like Julianne & Charlie? Ooh, fun! I like that idea. :love:

She should do a Bollywood FS-it would force her to actually use her arms to convey the mood of the program, so she wouldn't be flailing them. :laugh:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Bollywood Lena would be fun too. Or another Two Steps From Hell piece, maybe? (I liked the SP she had in 2014 to them...)

And I want someone to skate to Philip Glass. (Not sure who could pull it off, though. Mao, Satoko, maybe Zijun with a softer piece, Hanyu, Chan, Y/J, P/C, V/M...)

naz

On the Ice
I don't have dream music for them just yet, but I feel like the Shibutanis could skate to something hopeful, powerful and exciting for next season's FD. Since their choice this season was very personal, why not make next season the same? They've opened up a new door for themselves this year, and I think there are so many ways in which next season's FD can go! FDs don't all have to be lyrical, right?

Imagine

Medalist
Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E minor for Evgenia.

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 for Polina Edmunds.

Swan Lake for Yulia...which is overdue IMO but the girl hates classical so it probably won't happen.

Ituriel

On the Ice
Next worlds will be in Helsinki, so I want to see a lot of finnish symphonic metal programms :rock:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still have my dream of Kevin Reynolds skating to "Centerfold" by the J. Geils Band for his SP and "Time for Miracles" by Adam Lambert for his FP.

And for Lorraine McNamara/Quinn Carpenter, since they're a bit on the kooky side when it comes to programs, I was thinking of a mix of "Hello, I Love You" and "People are Strange" by the Doors. or maybe "Come on Eileen." Or possibly a mix of songs from "Willy Wonka Jr." This is for a FD of course, since I have no idea what to look for in blues rhythm.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I would love this idea too. Misha is scheduled to choreograph her, I think he is a perfect person to bring out and expand her artistic side!

I have a few certain ideas too.. like

Shoma - "Last Train to Lhasa" by Banco de Gaia for SP, Rigoletto by Verdi for LP.

Deniss - "Never Ending Story" for SP, Mozart ensemble (featuring Klein Nachtmusik, Turkish march, Marriage of Figaro etc.) for FS. I wouldn't mind him keeping Puttin' on the Ritz which is a cracker, also I would like the idea of him skating to "Princess of Circus" by Kalman, to which his coach skated :)

Javi - Fuoco nel fuoco by Eros Ramazzotti for SP (this would be good for Ivan Righini, too) 2-Cellos ensemble (featuring Smooth Criminal, Wake Me Up, Thunderstruck etc.)

Katchaturian's Spartacus for Zhenya
Barcelona Night by Ottmar Liebert for Pogo (thought this would be good for Javi too, but perhaps he needs to get away from the Spanish theme for the next season)
Enter Sandman by Metallica for Yuzu (I want him to take on something totally different for a challenge!)

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I would love this idea too. Misha is scheduled to choreograph her, I think he is a perfect person to bring out and expand her artistic side!

Shoma - "Last Train to Llasa" by Banco de Gaia for SP, Rigoletto by Verdi for LP.

Deniss - "Never Ending Story" for SP, Mozart ensemble (featuring Klein Nachtmusik, Turkish march, Marriage of Figaro etc.) for FS. I wouldn't mind him keeping Puttin' on the Ritz which is a cracker, also I would like the idea of him skating to "Princess of Circus" by Kalman, to which his coach skated :)

Javi - Fuoco nel fuoco by Eros Ramazzotti for SP (this would be good for Ivan Righini, too) 2-Cellos ensemble (featuring Smooth Criminal, Wake Me Up, Thunderstruck etc.)

Barcelona Night by Ottmar Liebers for Pogo (thought this would be good for Javi too, but perhaps he needs to get away from the Spanish theme for the next season)
Enter Sandman by Metallica for Yuzu (I want him to take on something totally different for a challenge!)

Misha Ge? Wow, whatever they come up with will be very cool! :yes:

Those are great suggestions! :agree:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist

Thank you!!! Yes, Misha Ge!!!! He posted about the arrangement on his Twitter some time ago. I am really excited!

Weathergal

Medalist

Shoma - "Last Train to Llasa" by Banco de Gaia for SP, Rigoletto by Verdi for LP.

Barcelona Night by Ottmar Liebers for Pogo (thought this would be good for Javi too, but perhaps he needs to get away from the Spanish theme for the next season)

Thank you!!! Yes, Misha Ge!!!! He posted about the arrangement on his Twitter some time ago. I am really excited!

:thumbsup:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Since someone posted somewhere that Zhenia's a Sailor Moon fangirl, I think she should skate to OST from the new anime. (I enjoy it...)

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
This is for a FD of course, since I have no idea what to look for in blues rhythm.

I wish skaters would come to my father for blues stuff. My father hosts a blues radio show, so he's always gets tons of stuff from record companies.

There's so much available, so I hope we get a ton of variety with this theme.

Theses are all people that I've been fortunate enough to see perform live, and meet in person. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYViK8Kw3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIn3RQ_joU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFs0fm_Btyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiDhCWHR0lM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Ii5-uZXj4

That's just a small sample. There are some other styles of blues that I didn't even go digging around for, but it's a general idea of what we could be in store for next year.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish skaters would come to my father for blues stuff. My father hosts a blues radio show, so he's always gets tons of stuff from record companies.

There's so much available, so I hope we get a ton of variety with this theme.

Theses are all people that I've been fortunate enough to see perform live, and meet in person. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYViK8Kw3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIn3RQ_joU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFs0fm_Btyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiDhCWHR0lM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Ii5-uZXj4

That's just a small sample. There are some other styles of blues that I didn't even go digging around for, but it's a general idea of what we could be in store for next year.

I wonder if we'll see some edginess in the SD next season? Because it seems like with the waltz, there wasn't really too much edginess...You know? And the songs you sent here, I can picture some edginess.

caitie

Medalist
Do skaters every hire music consultants? After all, there are people whose whole job is listening to music and choosing good/the right tracks for ads, television, movies, etc. It seems like skaters have trouble thinking of original songs with the right ingredients to make a good program. I know they send their music off to professional editors to smooth over cuts, but it seems like hiring someone to find some good music that's not just the usual stuff would be a good idea, especially for ice dancers where they need specific genres and rhythms.