State of U.S. Ladies' skating 2016-17 | Page 141 | Golden Skate

State of U.S. Ladies' skating 2016-17

creaturelover

On the Ice
Maybe Gracie needs to just end this misery now and retire. Why have your last season be as miserable as last season was and not come close to making the Olympic team? I'd rather remember the girl who went out at Nationals in the LP in 2016 and skated like a World champion then this.

I'm starting to think the same...

moriel

Record Breaker
i think right now she has nothing to lose
if she has another bad year, its all the same really.
if she manages something positive, she can retire "decently"

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
On a brighter note, Gracie's showing up on Ashley and Adam's instagram a lot. They seem pretty close during this tour. It's nice to see - Ashley and Gracie seemed more like friendly rivals than friends in the past. Which is fine, but Gracie deserves good friends right now.

Barb

Record Breaker
On a brighter note, Gracie's showing up on Ashley and Adam's instagram a lot. They seem pretty close during this tour. It's nice to see - Ashley and Gracie seemed more like friendly rivals than friends in the past. Which is fine, but Gracie deserves good friends right now.

Ashley is a good girl, but I guess after seeing Gracie on Stars on Ice, she no longer sees her as a threat and that's why she can be her friend now.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Ashley is a good girl, but I guess after seeing Gracie on Stars on Ice, she no longer sees her as a threat and that's why she can be her friend now.

That's one interpretation ;) Another might be that the two have just gotten closer. Regardless, they all seem to be having fun and enjoying themselves.

andromache

Record Breaker

It's possible, but wouldn't be my guess. People just change over time - they probably have more in common now than they did a few years ago, gaining maturity, etc.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's possible, but wouldn't be my guess. People just change over time - they probably have more in common now than they did a few years ago, gaining maturity, etc.

:agree:
Plus I think the dynamics of every SOI tour prob. are somewhat different b/c the cast list has a different mix of faces every year.

In 2016, Maia was on the SOI tour (along with Alex); in 2014, Jason was on part of the tour. It would have been natural for Gracie to tend to gravitate then toward opportunities to spend time with her usually-long-distance BFFs.

I think it's great that SOI skaters have a chance to strengthen bonds with each other :ghug:.
Although Josh and Jason grew up in the sport together as very congenial rivals, they said (I'm paraphrasing) that the SOI tour really solidified their friendship.

Even if Gracie's skating is not at its finest on this year's tour, I hope that performing alongside her castmates is adding to her motivation for the important season ahead. I cannot imagine that she would not want to give her best shot at a place on the PyeongChang team, just as Karen, Ashley, Nathan, Vincent, Adam, C/B, and H/D will be giving theirs. Certainly doesn't hurt that two-time Olympian Jeremy and Olympic/world champions D/W are there to offer continuing support and inspiration :bow:.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just checked out some photos from Adam's Instagram: Graicie seems to have a much chubbier face now, which is probably a reflection of her body too:(

That's one interpretation ;) Another might be that the two have just gotten closer. Regardless, they all seem to be having fun and enjoying themselves.