State of U.S. Ladies' skating 2016-17 | Page 66 | Golden Skate

State of U.S. Ladies' skating 2016-17

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Why solo 3T?
Do 3lutz-3toe. If that fails, switch to 3T-3T. No need to step into the lutz at all. What is so hard to understand?

You have to be able to do a solo 3T to do a 3T-3T. She might not train the 3T as the first jump. I don't know how else to explain it.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
You have to be able to do a solo 3T to do a 3T-3T. She might not train the 3T as the first jump. I don't know how else to explain it.

Like I said before, the combo would be

3Lutz-3Toe.
3Loop
2A

In case she fails the 3Lutz. She will get -GOE for that jump. So keep that 3Lutz as a solo jump. They will only penalize it one time (bad landing, no steps) Maybe -2GOE.
Do 3T-3T next.

There is no solo 3T. This is the strategy while keeping the maximum potential score in the event of a mistake in the 3Lutz. This shouldn't be that hard to figure out for Frank. So the only possible explanation is he's not in it anymore.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Do 3T-3T next.

The mechanics of doing the 3T as the first jump of a combo is different than the second. I understand there is no solo 3T, but she has to be able to do a 3T as the first jump of the 3T-3T combo. She has exhibited being able to do the 3T as the second jump but I don't recall her attempting a 3T as the first jump of either a combo or a solo.

qwerty

On the Ice
The mechanics of doing the 3T as the first jump of a combo is different than the second. I understand there is no solo 3T, but she has to be able to do a 3T as the first jump of the 3T-3T combo. She has exhibited being able to do the 3T as the second jump but I don't recall her attempting a 3T as the first jump of either a combo or a solo.

She usually warms up with a solo triple toe in the six minute warm ups. I think it's a comfortable jump for her, though I can't speak to her 3T-3T.

ETA: https://youtu.be/KDZdDfjWfsg?t=1m37s

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty

I've seen her doing solo 3T in her exhibition pieces. Usually with some steps too. Once she's done competitively, those 3Ts will be around for ex for a long time. Shizuka almost never do solo 3T in competition but that's all she's doing now.

My layout is as practical and pragmatic as it is going to get for Gracie. If she can't do 3T-3T, then the dynamic changes once more. She wouldn't be competitive anymore and falls back into the third tier skater who wouldn't make out of nationals and we wouldn't be talking about her anymore.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
At first I thought it was a mental struggle for Gracie, but after watching her both her short and long program at trophee de france, I think it may be indeed a physical struggle for her right now as she doesn't seem to get enough height on her opening lutz and she is also tilted in the air and struggles to land it. I really hope the best for her. Poor girl, i noticed she turned her eyes to Frank for a brief moment at the kiss and cry to see his stone faced expression. NO words. I really hope the best for her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wasn't Gracie the one who was practicing a 3T-3T-3T a few years back (or maybe several by now?) I swear there was a youtube video of this?

With that said, I agree generally that if she doesn't train the 3T as a solo jump now that could be an issue for a 3T-3T combo.

frida80

Record Breaker
Wasn't Gracie the one who was practicing a 3T-3T-3T a few years back (or maybe several by now?) I swear there was a youtube video of this?

With that said, I agree generally that if she doesn't train the 3T as a solo jump now that could be an issue for a 3T-3T combo.

Actually it was a 3Lz-3T-3L. Here's the video.

http://youtu.be/rrnyABvzdiM

I miss this Gracie.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
From the Golden Spin of Zagreb thread:

Polina, Amber, and Gracie are on the entry list for ladies.

With Angela Wang and Caroline Zhang as subs.

http://www.croskate.hr/site/assets/files/1173/cscro2016_entries-ladies_16-11-14.pdf

The U.S. ladies alone could be mighty interesting :popcorn:, not to mention the big international names.
Good luck to all :yay:.

And good luck to all :yay: at Sectionals, which start tomorrow.

Entries for Midwestern Sectionals are listed on the chart for practice groups:

Start orders for Eastern Sectionals are here:

With any luck I will be Frank's age someday and I hope people don't call me senile just because of my age. There is no reason for ageism anywhere here.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

frida80

Record Breaker

andromache

Record Breaker
Fingers crossed Polina makes it to Zagreb. She could use the chance to make a case for a Worlds spot prior to Nationals.

And fingers crossed Gracie skates awesome there!

KatGrace1925

Medalist
She can do it with 3Lutz 3T-3T in the SP as long as she put them in the bonus round. If she's clean and they both skate in neutral territory, Gracie will come out victorious. She should only worry about Evgenia for now. The other girls cannot beat her if she's clean today.

Beside, she should be skating for any medal right now, not the gold medal. Establish yourself first before going for the top spot.

That's all about mindset. Gracie's mindset going into worlds was all about winning not establishing. She wants that gold medal and time is running out, that's where the mental mindset comes into play.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Just took a look at Gracie's Event Table in Wikipedia. So many missed opportunities to medal.

She wasn't planning to do Golden Spin, was she?

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Just took a look at Gracie's Event Table in Wikipedia. So many missed opportunities to medal.

She wasn't planning to do Golden Spin, was she?

I do not think she was previously planning on it. It could either be the USFS wants her there or her team is trying to do damage control.

frida80

Record Breaker
I do not think she was previously planning on it. It could either be the USFS wants her there or her team is trying to do damage control.

Because Gracie scored so low in TDF she's lost a lot of potential points for her world ranking. Going to a challenger series can help her pick up points. Plus it gives her a chance to build confidence before nationals. Of course this field is going to be stacked with Elizabeta, Polina, and Elizabet. I hope she gets her drive back in the next month!

pjskater

Rinkside
Oh no, I was hoping she got a break from competition for a bit. How does that work, does the usfs force skaters to compete? Worried what another comp might do to her confidence? Hope for good one I guess