U. S. Nationals 2017 - Host Kansas City, MO | Golden Skate

U. S. Nationals 2017 - Host Kansas City, MO

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Kansas City Missouri will host U. S. Nationals in January 2017. All event tickets have been on sale since January 2016. In a rather unusual move the LOC has put Championship Weekend tickets on sale now. Usually Championship Weekend tickets don't go on sale until the fall. Here is a link for tickets: http://www.2017usfigureskatingchampionships.com/tickets/

The LOC has a website: http://www.2017usfigureskatingchampionships.com/

For anyone interested in watching Juvenile, Intermediate and Novice level events - those are being held in Independence Missouri at the Silverstein Eye Center Arena.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Kansas City Missouri will host U. S. Nationals in January 2017. All event tickets have been on sale since January 2016. In a rather unusual move the LOC has put Championship Weekend tickets on sale now. Usually Championship Weekend tickets don't go on sale until the fall. Here is a link for tickets: http://www.2017usfigureskatingchampionships.com/tickets/

For anyone interested in watching Juvenile, Intermediate and Novice level events - those are being held in Independence Missouri at the Silverstein Eye Center Arena.

Hope the Sprint Center wasnt damaged in the flooding last night.
Since the LOC obviously has the arena reserved for X number of days, it would be great if we knew when the practices started in the main arena so we know which days we need to firm up for hotels and airline tickets.
Chris who aint goin' to no hard seat hockey rink far far away to watch the novices.... ;)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A kind soul on this forum (yes, there are some) has sent me the info I need to contact knowing people and hopefully find the info I need to make my plane reservations. I do feel sad that the USFS has thrown the novices under the bus. They deserve the main arena.

andromache

Record Breaker
Thinking about going to this for "Championship Weekend." Do people go by themselves or is that weird? With 2017 SA location being unknown and 2018 Nationals in CA, this seems like the best chance for me (located in the Midwest) to see any live skating before the 2018 round of retirements.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thinking about going to this for "Championship Weekend." Do people go by themselves or is that weird? With 2017 SA location being unknown and 2018 Nationals in CA, this seems like the best chance for me (located in the Midwest) to see any live skating before the 2018 round of retirements.

I'm thinking of going for the weekend myself, sort of as a mom getaway. There will probably be quite a few GS-ers there, so you aren't going to really be alone.

Greta

On the Ice

Not even a little weird, in my opinion. With big crowds of people, you probably won't feel alone. And lots of people are there but not in a group or something.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States

I went solo in 2013 when Nationals was in Omaha. Everyone I met was super friendly. In fact I made friends that I still keep in touch with (we text up a storm during major events). So don't let going alone keep you from going! I have friends and family in KC but am choosing to stay at Crown Center so I don't have to drive late at night and can stalk skaters in the lobby!

desertskates

Medalist
I had a blast going to both Skate America in 2003 and European Championships 2004 alone. In a building packed full of skating fans, you'll always find that people are chatty and you certainly have a lot to talk about!

Teddy99

Rinkside

You should go and no, its not weird go alone I'm thinking of going again this year and I have a blast everytime I go. I just started looking at hotel and flight packages...right now they're looking pretty reasonable so I hope to make a decision before Thanksgiving!

sk8dc

On the Ice

Does anyone know which the official hotel, or hotels? Where will skaters be staying?

pjskater

Rinkside
Does anyone know this area well? If I stayed at the crown center is there a bus that would go to sprint center? Any recommendations for which hotel to stay in? Is the area around the sprint center and/or hotels pretty safe? Obviously I've never been, thinking of going. Thanks for any help.

sk8dc

On the Ice
Typo

Does anyone know this area well? If I stayed at the crown center is there a bus that would go to sprint center? Any recommendations for which hotel to stay in? Is the area around the sprint center and/or hotels pretty safe? Obviously I've never been, thinking of going. Thanks for any help.

The event web site shows a free bus between crown center and sprint.
http://www.2017usfigureskatingchampionships.com/kansas-city/

Bag of Goldfish

Rinkside
My plans have changed, so I'm selling my ticket. This is one all event ticket, Section 116, Row 3, but it does not include the gala.
I haven't sold anything online before, so if anyone has any pointers for the safest way to do this, let me know.
I hope it's ok to offer this in this part of the forum!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Groupon is offering 65% off deals for the Championship weekend events in KC, if anyone was on the fence about going this is quite a discount.

ssffww

On the Ice

I went to Worlds in Boston last year alone and had a blast. It's nothing but skating fans, so there were plenty of like minded folks.