2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Is there any info when the participants will be announced? You can't just buy a ticket without knowing who will be there!!! :scratch: (I am afraid it won't be for a good while for Challenger Series events??)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Is there any info when the participants will be announced? You can't just buy a ticket without knowing who will be there!!! :scratch: (I am afraid it won't be for a good while for Challenger Series events??)
Last year, the list of competitors wasn't published until September, if I remember correctly...! A few skaters (or their federations) announced their intentions to compete before that - but certainly not this soon! (The entry forms for skaters weren't available until roughly the end of June!)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Yes, that's what I thought... I won't be deciding if or where I would like to go until I find out who goes where!

TMC

Record Breaker
I had completely missed the fact that the tickets are on sale already - and have been for two months!!! I suppose I was more concerned with getting my Worlds tix to pay attention to poor Finlandia :laugh: Anyway, I just booked mine and got fantastic seats right behind the judges, so I'm happy :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes, that's what I thought... I won't be deciding if or where I would like to go until I find out who goes where!
The deadline for Finlandia competitor entries is 6th September - so I guess the list of competitors will be published soon after that.

But it's always great in my opinion - I've been every year for the last 4 years, and it's become one of my favourite competition to go to. The venue is nice - it's not too big, view is good from just about anywhere, great atmosphere, the audiences are generous to all skaters, etc. And there's always been a excellent mix of big-name competitors, "up-and-coming" skaters, lovable "underdogs" etc...

I had completely missed the fact that the tickets are on sale already - and have been for two months!!! I suppose I was more concerned with getting my Worlds tix to pay attention to poor Finlandia :laugh: Anyway, I just booked mine and got fantastic seats right behind the judges, so I'm happy :)
Haha! Well done! :-D

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Well as I live and breathe - my husband just asked if I got good seats and said that he had fun last year and is looking forward to going again this year :shocked: I never knew he'd got so into figure skating, normally he just listens to me blather on about it, nods and smiles :laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
So, who do we know/think is coming this year? I believe we'll have a lot more skaters and bigger names this time, since Worlds will be in Helsinki and I think skaters will want to establish a presence in / get familiar with Finland ahead of the championships. So far, only Duhamel/Radford have confirmed. Hanyu has attended a few times, but had to cancel in 2014 due to injury and wasn't there last year either. It's pretty close to Skate America, which probably means that any North American skaters scheduled to compete there will not come to Finlandia. Too bad, as I would love to see Jason Brown there!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So, who do we know/think is coming this year? I believe we'll have a lot more skaters and bigger names this time, since Worlds will be in Helsinki and I think skaters will want to establish a presence in / get familiar with Finland ahead of the championships. So far, only Duhamel/Radford have confirmed. Hanyu has attended a few times, but had to cancel in 2014 due to injury and wasn't there last year either. It's pretty close to Skate America, which probably means that any North American skaters scheduled to compete there will not come to Finlandia. Too bad, as I would love to see Jason Brown there!
I'm not convinced it will be much different to any other year, given World's is in a different arena... but you might be right!

I expect the Finnish team to be there of course :-D I'm especially hoping Lindfors, Jarvenpaa, and Saarinen will be there and showing strong improvements... Karmi/Lindholm making their come back... and of course my favourite Finnish mens skater, the veteran Valtter Virtanen.

And very interested to see the new Dance team of Turkkila/Versluis if they are ready to compete! (Surprised they chose Ice Dance, with their Singles backgrounds - why not try Pairs?!)

Can't even guess who else might be there... but I am hoping for Lipnitskaia again. Seen her in person at least once every year for the past 4 years, and marvelled as she grew and changed - it's a bit like having an adopted daughter ;-D

Hoping to make it 5 years in a row, but with Finlandia, Trophee de France, Grand Prix Final and Worlds this year... can't afford the time or money for SA or CoR, to be sure of seeing Julia :-/ (FS makes us into pennyless paupers...! o_O) It's tough to qualify for GPF or make the Russian world's team, so maybe Julia can't make it... so pleeeease choose Finlandia again...! *_*

Personally, I suspect Hanyu's Finlandia days are over. I think he is likely to continue his strategy of taking early competitions that are close to his training base in Toronto, to minimise travel.

I hope it will attract enough Pairs teams to make a good competition...

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Can't remember where I read it, but apparently Stolbova/Klimov will start their season at Finlandia.

Mao Asada has also announced that she will be competing there :)

wanpe

On the Ice

That's why I really want to go! I want to see Mao live but unfortunately can't get a ticket anymore :(

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Can't remember where I read it, but apparently Stolbova/Klimov will start their season at Finlandia.

This news is A W E S O M E

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Right? I'm so excited!! When did we get the final list of competitors last year? It was pretty late, like mid-September iirc?
Closing date for competitor entries is 6th September, so I assume the full list will be published soon after that. It was about the same time last year I think.

But I guess - like Mao - there will be a few individuals or federations announcing their intentions sooner...

wanpe

On the Ice
Why not? Surely it's not sold out yet?

I went onto the ticketmaster page but it says the tickets are no longer on sale. Not sure how I can get a ticket then. I will be still happy if one of GS members gives us a first-hand report! :biggrin:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I went onto the ticketmaster page but it says the tickets are no longer on sale. Not sure how I can get a ticket then. I will be still happy if one of GS members gives us a first-hand report! :biggrin:
I just went to the Ticketmaster page to check (followed the link from finlandiatrophy.com ticketing page), and it's working for me.
Tickets are available no problem.

I don't think it's ever been sold out?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I hope that Yulia will skate there, but I'm not sure. :( Cause she trained in Moscow and the distant was not so far. And now she's in Sochi with another coach. If Eteri Tutberidze decided to let her skate in Finland every year, I'm not sure about Alexey Urmanov :(

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Individual day tickets are now available (HERE)

You get to choose your own seats from a map of the arena, for the individual days.
Judges are in front of sections 209 and 210. Kiss and Cry is at the end next to sections 211 and 201.
(Or rather, that's the way it's been for at least the last 4 years, I doubt it's about to change...)

They were supposed to go on sale "late August" according to the Finlandia Trophy web site... apparently the middle of August counts as "late" LOL :-D

Last edited: