United-States
1st Mexican Open International Skating Competition
September 12 – 18, 2016
Mérida, Mexico

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thirteen-page Announcement (cross-posting from the ISU Calendar thread):

Mini-excerpt:
The Mexican Figure Skating Federation as organizer will rotate rinks every year as hosts in our country to give equal opportunity to different regions to have access to a high caliber international event.

ETA (on May 31):

ETA (on Jun 1):
I know some GS members have been clamoring for more internationals in North America.
Just noticed that this new Mexican comp takes place on the same dates as the US International Classic (Sep 14-18), a Challenger comp.
Seems unfortunate to me that with this timing, a new North American comp likely will be far overshadowed by a more established one.​

ETA (on Jun 2):

Last edited:

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Does anyone have a entries list for this competition. I know skaters that have decided not to go because the ring is considerably smaller than a regular size rink

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone have a entries list for this competition. ...

An entry list published on Aug 25 is at this link, I believe?
Includes a few international skaters from outside of Mexico.

The link above is from this page:
I do not read Spanish, but it seems to have links to a couple of other documents related to this competition as well.

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Team Korea

Senior :
Hae Jin KIM
Su Hyun KIM
Yena KWON

Advanced Novice :
Ji Hun TO

Basic Novice A :
Yeon Woo LEE

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Team Korea

Senior :
Hae Jin KIM
Su Hyun KIM
Yena KWON

Advanced Novice :
Ji Hun TO

Basic Novice A :
Yeon Woo LEE

It's nice to see the Korean skating federation really getting their skaters out there in various competitions. :agree:

Nirti

Medalist
Still no results, but it's announced on the ISU page for the competition that "Due to the size of the ice rink, the results of this competitions will not count for TES or WS."

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Still no results, but it's announced on the ISU page for the competition that "Due to the size of the ice rink, the results of this competitions will not count for TES or WS."

such a bummer....I feared that and my skater didnt go. I heard of more. Why put it on the ISU list then is beyond me.