Kostner to attend Mishin's camp | Golden Skate

Kostner to attend Mishin's camp

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
http://www.artedipattinare.com/2016/05/11/carolina-kostner-fara-uno-stage-alexei-mishin/

It looks like Carolina will be working temporarily in Alexey Mishin's group. :)
Can anyone translate to English please? I will update OP. Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank to MGstyle for translation.
Kostner, who will be coming back to the competitive scene soon, is back in Italy for now, before taking off to Estonia, where she will be spending some time training with the great Mishin. "Sometimes changing of the scene does you good, it opens your mind. I hope to learn a lot from a legend like Mishin, and it will help my mission to the 2018 Olympics. I will try to be open for new challenges and take myself to another level. I will try to connect the technical side to the artistic side, and create a masterpiece. In my stage of preparation, I think I am at a good point, but it is difficult to perceive exactly at what level right now, because the you will see the results as you go, it takes time to get a better understanding. The Italian also talked about the future. "Throughout my career I have realized all my dreams. Now I need to search for something a little further, look deeper into my heart.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Kostner, who will be coming back to the competitive scene soon, is back in Italy for now, before taking off to Estonia, where she will be spending some time training with the great Mishin. "Sometimes changing of the scene does you good, it opens your mind. I hope to learn a lot from a legend like Mishin, and it will help my mission to the 2018 Olympics. I will try to be open for new challenges and take myself to another level. I will try to connect the technical side to the artistic side, and create a masterpiece. In my stage of preparation, I think I am at a good point, but it is difficult to perceive exactly at what level right now, because the you will see the results as you go, it takes time to get a better understanding. The Italian also talked about the future. "Throughout my career I have realized all my dreams. Now I need to search for something a little further, look deeper into my heart.

adelia

Record Breaker
They're referring to one of Mishin's camps this summer in Tartu Estonia. There's one from 16-30 May and another one from 10-20 July. I'm not sure which one Kostner will be attending, probably the upcoming one.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
All my Christmasses are coming at once!!!

Carolina coming back was reason enough to be excited.

But now she is preparing for her return by training with Alexei Mishin!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

This is the sort of scenario I wouldn't even have dared to dream of!!! My long-term favourite skater working with my long-term favourite coach!!!

Please pinch me now so that I know for sure that I'm not imagining this!!! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Adelia I didn't exactly translate the nuance but from the original text she is now in italy for a very short time (just passing by) before going to Estonia, so I think she will be at the May Camp.

adelia

Record Breaker
Adelia I didn't exactly translate the nuance but from the original text she is now in italy for a very short time (just passing by) before going to Estonia, so I think she will be at the May Camp.
Thanks

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Carolina worked with Mishin in the past. Lambiel and Javier also.
Yes and I remember that Carolina did want to work with Mishin prior to the Sochi Olympics but that Mishin declined (or had to decline?).

adelia

Record Breaker
Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I thought Mishin banished her to the gulags of the Soviet days in 2013 after she shared some of his jump secrets?

Whatever. I look forward to having hot mess Carolina continuing to turn me straight with glorious programs and then crushing my heart with her typical meltdowns these next two seasons.

Country
Russia
Carolina Kostner was born 8 Feb 1987.
Between Euro-2017 and Worlds-2017 she will be 30.

The only competition I remember where she landed 7 triples in FS was Olympics-2014 (BV 58.45).
Her FS:
Euro-2011 - 6 triples 1 fall 2 URs, BV 50.24.
Worlds-2011 - 5 triples, BV 51.62.
Euro-2012 - 5 triples, BV 50.31.
Worlds-2012 - 5 triples, BV 53.04.
Euro-2013 - 4 triples, BV 49.32.
Worlds-2013 - 5 triples (and one downgraded) 1 fall, BV 50.75.
Euro-2014 - 5 triples 1 fall 1 UR, BV 46.84.
Worlds-2014 - 4 triples 1 fall, BV 47.43.

For comparison, at Worlds-2016 top12 of FS:
Medvedeva BV 62.33
Wagner BV 59.38
Miyahara BV 62.96
Pogorilaya BV 62.03
Radionova BV 62.50
Gold BV 58.20 (6 triples, all above - 7 triples)
Asada BV 58.77
Hongo BV 59.10
Daleman BV 59.62
Tursynbaeva BV 63.07
Nagasu BV 57.19
Zijun Li BV 55.86

New generation has very high technical level.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm with AlexRus here. I'm a little bit curious to see how this comeback goes. The judges have pretty much moved away from the old trend of rewarding PCS to veterans regardless of their on ice technical performance and are instead geared more toward rewarding consistency and a high level of difficulty. I don't expect to see the judges reversing those trends so she's going to have to be better now than ever before. I've learned though the more I doubt someone the more likely they are to surprise me.

Last edited:

dreamsk8

On the Ice
Wow that is great news for Carolina!! I love that quote :"Throughout my career I have realized all my dreams. Now I need to search for something a little further, look deeper into my heart." I hope she finds it!!:cheer:

SXTN

Final Flight
Carolina Kostner was born 8 Feb 1987.
Between Euro-2017 and Worlds-2017 she will be 30.

The only competition I remember where she landed 7 triples in FS was Olympics-2014 (BV 58.45).
Her FS:
Euro-2011 - 6 triples 1 fall 2 URs, BV 50.24.
Worlds-2011 - 5 triples, BV 51.62.
Euro-2012 - 5 triples, BV 50.31.
Worlds-2012 - 5 triples, BV 53.04.
Euro-2013 - 4 triples, BV 49.32.
Worlds-2013 - 5 triples (and one downgraded) 1 fall, BV 50.75.
Euro-2014 - 5 triples 1 fall 1 UR, BV 46.84.
Worlds-2014 - 4 triples 1 fall, BV 47.43.

For comparison, at Worlds-2016 top12 of FS:
Medvedeva BV 62.33
Wagner BV 59.38
Miyahara BV 62.96
Pogorilaya BV 62.03
Radionova BV 62.50
Gold BV 58.20 (6 triples, all above - 7 triples)
Asada BV 58.77
Hongo BV 59.10
Daleman BV 59.62
Tursynbaeva BV 63.07
Nagasu BV 57.19
Zijun Li BV 55.86

New generation has very high technical level.

But Carolina has textbook jumps (if she lands them). No one in this current field can keep up with her technique (edge, rotation ecc.)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
But Carolina has textbook jumps (if she lands them). No one in this current field can keep up with her technique (edge, rotation ecc.)

She barely made it through the jumps in Sochi then completely BOMBED in Saitama. Like Mao, judges won't give her a rightful lead in PCS anymore. At least Mao still has more than the potential difficulty to win (and we saw how her season went, aside from injury and illness). Carolina can't keep up with not even doing a triple-triple...

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
She barely made it through the jumps in Sochi then completely BOMBED in Saitama. Like Mao, judges won't give her a rightful lead in PCS anymore. At least Mao still has more than the potential difficulty to win (and we saw how her season went, aside from injury and illness). Carolina can't keep up with not even doing a triple-triple...
I think we all know that Carolina is capable of doing a very nice triple-triple combo. She only choose not to do a triple-triple in the FS in Sochi. And yes, she repeated the easiest triples in the FS, so there is room for improvement there. Stamina is an issue of course. Skating clean in Sochi was key and I think she wanted too much in Saitama. But she was still at the top of her game, we shouldn't forget that. Just watch the SP.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Wow that is great news for Carolina!! I love that quote :"Throughout my career I have realized all my dreams. Now I need to search for something a little further, look deeper into my heart." I hope she finds it!!:cheer:

Me too.

I'm cheering her on to find what's deep in heart and for a competition highlight of what a mature artist can do on the ice amidst the little jumping beans. Go Carolina!

noskates

Record Breaker
I sort of wish she would just rest on her laurels. Figure skating has changed somewhat since she competed. It kind of reminds me of when the pros were allowed to come back and skate at the Olympics and kind of bombed. Katarina comes to mind. Caro wasn't always the most consistent skater, is getting older, and the young'uns are coming on strong. I wish her luck.