Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez,
twice world champion, and (carve) a legend on ice

and
Javier’s girlfriend – a Japanese skater named Miki Ando

:laugh:

OK, back to reading, I'm not done yet.

Update: A very good read, letting us see where Javi is from and where he is at. It was easy to be discouraged without any support except for his family's sacrifices. Evidently his talent is noticeable by top coaches, first Morozov, bless him for generously offering Javi free coaching, then Orser, his second father who really motivated him enough to become serious for the highest of ambitions. Once he won all those Euros and the first Worlds title, motivation is not an issue any more with all the honors and grants from those who ignored him before.

A deserving World Champion indeed.

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Poor Miki. :laugh: Its pretty similar to how the media treats Tanith Belbin - "Charlie White's wife! Unknown fact: she was an ice dancer as well!" - as if she never accomplished anything significant.

Also, I don't know how I only realized now that the link between Javi and Miki was likely Morozov?! *brain implodes*

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Poor Miki. :laugh: Its pretty similar to how the media treats Tanith Belbin - "Charlie White's wife! Unknown fact: she was an ice dancer as well!" - as if she never accomplished anything significant.

Also, I don't know how I only realized now that the link between Javi and Miki was likely Morozov?! *brain implodes*

Well, I guess it was to be expected since it's a Spanish article, so they focus on Javi. But I've read others where they do mention her World Titles, and Javi himself has also mentioned it many times when he's asked about his relationship with Miki :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, I guess it was to be expected since it's a Spanish article, so they focus on Javi.

They don't just, naturally and understandably, focus on Javi, but are evidently clueless about figure skating. I declared Miki and Javi a royal couple when they went public but at the time, Miki already had two Worlds title and Javi none. I guess this is where Javi comes in to make a difference in Spain, moving some attention to figure skating because of his success and heroic status. Yuna did it in Korea and Denis is doing the same in Kazkahstan.

withwings

On the Ice
They don't just, naturally and understandably, focus on Javi, but are evidently clueless about figure skating. I declared Miki and Javi a royal couple when they went public but at the time, Miki already had two Worlds title and Javi none. I guess this is where Javi comes in to make a difference in Spain, moving some attention to figure skating because of his success and heroic status. Yuna did it in Korea and Denis is doing the same in Kazkahstan.

...and Angelina Kucvalska in Latvia.

What strikes me again and again is how humble Javier is, how well disposed towards everyone...When he skates, his warm personality radiates through his skating and warmth the audience. It is really a unique quality which is given or not- one cannot learn this.

da96103

Record Breaker

Writer should have asked Susanna and Paloma.:love:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
They don't just, naturally and understandably, focus on Javi, but are evidently clueless about figure skating.

Spanish media in general still doesn't know too much about skating, since it's still a low profile sport there. Even now Javi has had to explain what a quad is. They also tell him all the time how young he is and that he still has many years of career ahead of him and he's had to explain that in figure skating, he is on the older side. And I once ran into an article stating that Gracie was a World Champion...

Hopefully, as Javi keeps growing and collecting medals, they will start gaining more knowledge on the matter. :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Spanish media in general still doesn't know too much about skating, since it's still a low profile sport there. Even now Javi has had to explain what a quad is. They also tell him all the time how young he is and that he still has many years of career ahead of him and he's had to explain that in figure skating, he is on the older side. And I once ran into an article stating that Gracie was a World Champion...

Well, most Americans Johnny Weir meets think he's an Olympic champion.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Well there is also plenty of Americans who think that USA won Vietnam War as well as those who believe that the world is 6,000 years old and that UK currency is dollar. Flat Earth Society is based in USA ... At the same time that country is known for its inventions and science. The amount of ignorance and lack of basic knowledge though never ceases to amaze me.

tzazu

Medalist
Well there is also plenty of Americans who think that USA won Vietnam War as well as those who believe that the world is 6,000 years old and that UK currency is dollar. Flat Earth Society is based in USA ... At the same time that country is known for its inventions and science. The amount of ignorance and lack of basic knowledge though never ceases to amaze me.

You're being very disrecpectful with many people here. This is not a place for speaking about politics or religion. What amaze me is the lack of consideration when giving an opinion
And no, I'm not american, nor a religious person.

mrrice

Record Breaker

Not the smart ones..........:drama:

Speaking of Javi, are their any Spaniards on this site? If so, what do you guys think of Tennis Player Feliciano Lopez. You can't really tell from his action pictures but.......His eyes are gorgeous...:love: I'll have to find a picture. BRB.

Here you go. Am I right!!! He's even better in person. http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP....323bcbo1&w=199&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Not the smart ones..........:drama:

Speaking of Javi, are their any Spaniards on this site? If so, what do you guys think of Tennis Player Feliciano Lopez. You can't really tell from his action pictures but.......His eyes are gorgeous...:love: I'll have to find a picture. BRB.

Here you go. Am I right!!! He's even better in person. http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP....323bcbo1&w=199&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Ohhhh cheek bones..OK time to switch to goldentennis.com :biggrin:

Javi Javi you are so fine ... go Miki! Go Miki!

Miki Miki you are so fine ... go Javi! Go Javi!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
You're being very disrecpectful with many people here. This is not a place for speaking about politics or religion. What amaze me is the lack of consideration when giving an opinion
And no, I'm not american, nor a religious person.

Well I was just bantering little bit, you know that assumption of patriotic people that their country is the best so the only winner could be from USA too just like with some other events :laugh:. If anyone feels offended then I apologize :)

Last edited: