2016-2017 Team China Update | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Team China Update

yqs100

On the Ice
1. New Pairs - Xiaoyu YU/ Hao Zhang, Cheng Peng/ Yang Jin
2. Sui's surgery was successful. Now it's under recovery. Expected to be back on ice in September. May not attend GP.
3. Zijun Li and Han Yan have a new coaching team - miss Qing Pang and Mingzhu Li! They will go to Canada to get new programs with Lori. And train in the States
4. Coach hongbo zhao has two new junior pairs.
5. 2002 Olympic pairs champion David Pelletier from Canada will join team China.

Lots lots changes with team China. Good luck to them

Last edited by a moderator:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm glad the junior pairs can train with Zhao. Hopefully they'll be successful, if they're not split up to get zhang a new partner. :rolleye:

Eclair

Medalist
1. New Pairs - Xiaoyu YU/ Hao Zhang, Cheng Peng/ Yang Jin
2. Sui's surgery was successful. Now it's under recovery. Expected to be back on ice in September. May not attend GP.
3. Zijun Li and Han Yan have a new coaching team - miss Qing Pang and Mingzhu Li! They will go to Canada to get new programs with Lori. And train in the States
4. Coach hongbo zhao has two new junior pairs.
5. 2002 Olympic pairs champion David Pelletier from Canada will join team China.

Lots lots changes with team China. Good luck to them

You're sure that Li mingzhu is going to coach both Zijun and Han yan? I thought she's only going to coach han yan ... If that is true I'm so sorry for Zijun :sad4: She looked physically so much more fit and muscular at last worlds, but I fear this is not going to last/ improve under Minzhu who's known for believing in very strict food (and water) control in female athletes ...:(

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
You're sure that Li mingzhu is going to coach both Zijun and Han yan? I thought she's only going to coach han yan ... If that is true I'm so sorry for Zijun :sad4: She looked physically so much more fit and muscular at last worlds, but I fear this is not going to last/ improve under Minzhu who's known for believing in very strict food (and water) control in female athletes ...:(

Where did you come across Mingzhu diet control? Hopefully Zijun Li is not bound to have Lipnitskaya-like powder regimen or some other new, brand invention. She's fine and interfering into that could be detrimental.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I'd say Zijun needs a regime to build speed and stamina more. She has beautiful qualities but she noticeably ran out of steam at Boston. Shame because she has a lovely delicate grace.

yqs100

On the Ice

Yes. It's confirmed

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't Li mingzhu also coach Caroline Zhang? I'm not sure i'd send anyone to her to coach considering Zhang's awful jump technique and lack of speed.

icekiwi

On the Ice
Is the Chinese Federation seriously splitting up Yu and Jin. I thought they are the pair with the most potential, of course, besides Sui/Han. This is just utterly shocking! The reason why Yu/Jin can skate so lyrically and gracefully is because both of them have been skating together with each other for a long time. To simply throw any potential girls to Hao Zhang is just wrong and criminal to the girl. Yu and Jin just suit each other perfectly. Could someone here who can understand Chinese please verify this. And please. ....Yu/Jin ' s fans, surely you guys are appalled by this partnership changes.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is the Chinese Federation seriously splitting up Yu and Jin. I thought they are the pair with the most potential, of course, besides Sui/Han. This is just utterly shocking! The reason why Yu/Jin can skate so lyrically and gracefully is because both of them have been skating together with each other for a long time. To simply throw any potential girls to Hao Zhang is just wrong and criminal to the girl. Yu and Jin just suit each other perfectly. Could someone here who can understand Chinese please verify this. And please. ....Yu/Jin ' s fans, surely you guys are appalled by this partnership changes.

The split-up and swapping the partners are sadly a done deal. A couple of threads covering the matter were set up after the Worlds was over. :hopelessness:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thank you, Crossover. I have only just finished reading one of the threads and posted my long unapologetic reply. I am angry, upset, bewildered and utterly furious. Why does Zhang has to hang around. If he didn't hang around, Peng will be skating happily with Tianci and Yu/Jin untouched! ! I have been so looking forward to Yu/Jin's new programs for this season. :hpull:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, Crossover. I have only just finished reading one of the threads and posted my long unapologetic reply. I am angry, upset, bewildered and utterly furious. Why does Zhang has to hang around. If he didn't hang around, Peng will be skating happily with Tianci and Yu/Jin untouched! ! I have been so looking forward to Yu/Jin's new programs for this season. :hpull:

Here's a thread that has a summary of events as they unfolded:

http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...ng-event-of-Yu-Jin-a-summary&highlight=yu+jin

I'm sorry that this news awaited you on your return to the forum. It shocked a lot of us as we were made aware of it. All that promise and hard work down the drain.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Why does Zhang has to hang around.

I know right!? That ship has long sailed. I think it would take a series of miracles for Zhang to be on an international podium again, other than maybe at a GP assignment. I can't even see it happening at 4CCs.

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thank you for the supports, LRK & Sarah Synchro. I am still struggling with this, didn't even sleep properly last night because of this switch. I have watched an interview with Zhao and the others about the switch from another thread. Looks like the goal is 2022. By 2022, Jin/Yu would be glorious! They have completely forgotten it took Sui/Han 4-5 seasons in the senior rank to achieve the current results. This is so short sighted and done to benefit Zhang. I read from another thread, the coaches have even considered Wenjing Sui as a partner for Zhang. The fact that the idea has crossed their minds just makes my blood boil! Sui/Han won't be where they are today had they not been skating together since childhood - the fact that they act and talk like an old married couple just warms my heart and makes me love them more. Why would you go round chopping partnerships up except to benefit one person - Zhang.

Zhao was giving reference to the German pair when interviewed, well that partnership wasn't 'forced' nor 'decided' for them. Also, the way this whole switch was carried out is so underhanded and dictatorial, the skaters flown to Canada all inspired for new choreography but to be told about their skating fate on arrival - no consultation nor consideration.

As a fan of Yu/Jin, I am totally devastated. This is a catastrophe. I hope I have a better night sleep tonight.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I feel your agony and devastation, icekiwi. I guess we will have quite a lot of people in shock when they face the news about their splitting for the first time as the new season comes up. Whenever the Worlds is over, many people tend to turn off the radar on figure skating and then do other things during the off season, so the news is still not widespread enough.. Even pair fans who have acknowledged the news would be agitated when they start to watch Yu pairing with Hao Zhang in competition.

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thank you for your understanding, Crossover.

What are the British Euro guys going to say when they see for the first time Yu/Zhang paired up later this year and then to learn the truth of the pairing. They were gushing all over Yu/Jin at COC after the SP last year, they even think Yu/Jin should be leading by a small margin. I can't imagine those guys' shock and disappointment .

Someone posted a 'in memorial ' video of Yu/Jin as an RIP for the partnership. There was a video of them in Skate Canada, I think 2012, they were really young, Yu looked so adorable and cute. It just makes me cry.

This is totally incomprehensible! :cry:

yqs100

On the Ice
The new pairs will reveal their new SP tonite

Yu/Zhang - Eternal Flame
Peng/Zhang - My Drag

in addition, four of them will have a program together - Say something exclusively for the ice show in Beijing today

Boyang Jin will perform his new Ex program - Cow Boy. In the interview, he said the one month training in Canada has improved his skating skills and performance a lot.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yu/Zhang looks so cold together. Sigh. Yu looks liked she aged a bit more.

Nice to see that Peng/Jin are meshing well.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yu/Zhang looks so cold together. Sigh. Yu looks liked she aged a bit more.

Nice to see that Peng/Jin are meshing well.

i agree, Peng/Jin seem to have more chemistry and promise

i loved Sui&Han's program already, i guess its gonna be their LP, he is the best partner for me, even when Sui isnt there he holds his own, the emotion he portrays esp where he goes for "planned" twist (and also one of their lift) and realizes his arms are emtpy, and when she shows up at the end, ahhhh i cried! :sad21: program makes sense even now, cant wait when Sui joins him

TMC

Record Breaker
Oh that performance by Han...and the whole video and concept...I know it was a bit tongue in cheek but I couldn't help it, I got a bit teary :sad21: