2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

The Finn

Record Breaker
Still no entries for the Saint Petersburg Championships which will start tomorrow morning but according to unofficial info Gubanova, Fedichkina, Nugumanova and Samodurova should be skating here among others.

There should be a live stream available.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I think that it is worth a mention that a couple of notable new pairs will make their debut the day after tomorrow at the Saint Petersburg Championships.

Anastasia Melnikova / Ivan Mitlin. She is the former partner of Alexander Simenenko who now skates with Lina Kudryavtseva.
Alexandra Koshevaya / Dmitry Bushlanov. She is the former partner of above-mentioned Ivan Mitlin with whom she scored above 150 points this season. Her new partner is new to pair skating.

The favourites of this competition are Polina Kostyukovich / Dmitry Yalin who did well at the Russian Cup Final and Akhanteva/Kolesov.

The Finn

Record Breaker

hanca

Record Breaker
Does it mean that Nugumanova did not qualify for the nationals of Elde age?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Ok tnx..[emoji4] nugumanova is not getting good results anymore..

She is struggling for sure but there is always next season where one can do a lot better. Anyway, her chances to get JGP events next season looks rather slim now, although Nationals Elder Age are yet to come. Don't know who will be sent there from Saint Petersburg but despite her 7th placement here she might be sent there because Fedichkina most likely isn't going there.

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
She is struggling for sure but there is always next season where one can do a lot better. Anyway, her chances to get JGP events next season looks rather slim now, although Nationals Elder Age are yet to come. Don't know who will be sent there from Saint Petersburg but despite her 7th placement here she might be sent there because Fedichkina most likely isn't going there.

And why wont Fedichkina compete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Finn

Record Breaker
And why wont Fedichkina compete?

Her 6th placement at the Junior Nationals will guarantee her a place at the national team and a JGP event assuming nothing major happens to her during summer. I doubt she would be interested in skating at the Nationals Elder age.

Last edited:

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Her 6th placement at the Junior Nationals will guarantee her a place at the national team and a JGP event assuming nothing major happens to her during summer. I doubt she would be interested in skating at the Nationals Elder age.

Ah ok quite understandable..no use going there if she qualified already..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk