2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

Country
Russia
Regulation of National Level Competitions http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competition_regulation_1617.pdf

Calendar of Competitions http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/kalendar1617_revised020616.pdf

Calendar of Russian Cup Events.
1. 20-24 Sep 2016, Samara.
2. 11-15 Oct 2016, Yoshkar-Ola.
3. 25-29 Oct 2016, Perm.
4. 7-11 Nov 2016, Kazan.
5. 2-6 Dec 2016, Moscow.
Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance, both Junior and Senior.
Qualifying competitions to Senior and Junior Nationals. Qualification is like that at GP or JGP to Final - by points of places from two Events.

Nationals:
Senior - 20-25 Dec 2016, Chelyabinsk.
Junior - 1-5 Feb 2017, StPetersburg.
Younger Age (Zhuk Memorial) - 3-7 Mar 2017, Saransk. Two age groups, Younger born at 2006 and younger, Elder born at 2004-2005. Only singles, boys and girls.
Elder Age - 1-4 Apr 2017, Velikiy Novgorod. Programs Junior (Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance), age limits singles born at 2000-2004, pairs and dance females 2000 and younger, males 1999 and younger.

Final of Russian Cup - 12-16 Feb 2017, Saransk. Both Senior and Junior.

Qualification System for Senior Nationals.
Entries - 18 for singles, 12 for pairs, not more than 15 (but in fact 10, because of lack of high-level Senior dance couples) for dance.
Qualified are:
1. GP Events participants.
2. JGP Finalists, except dance.
3. Best on results of Senior Events of Russian Cup.
4. May be 1 or 2 skaters/couples in discipline "by solution of Federation", at most best skaters not qualified because of injury, illness or so.

Qualification System for Junior Nationals.
Entries - 18 for singles, 12 for pairs, 15 for dance.
Qualified are:
1. JGP Events participants.
2. Best on results of Junior Events of Russian Cup.
3. May be 1 or 2 skaters/couples in discipline "by solution of Federation", at most best skaters not qualified because of injury, illness or so.

Qualification system for Final of Russian Cup, Junior and Senior.
Entries - up to 12 in all disciplines. Senior and Junior, in fact 10 or less.
1. Skaters/couples whose skating Federation wants to see to make solution of including them to National Team.
2. Skaters/couples who compete to make final solution about team for Worlds.
3. Best on results of Russian Cup Events.

Age limits for Seniors (Russian Cup Events and Final and Nationals).
In singles athlete must be 14 years old or elder, except (for Nationals) JGP Finalists, who may be younger than 14.
In pairs and dance - 12 years old or elder.
All other Senior competitions - 12 years old or elder.

Age limits for Juniors.
10 years old or elder, but not elder than limit of International Juniors.

Qualifying system to Nationals Younger and Elder Age.
Singles - by zonal competitions (in zones may be regional competitions).
Pairs and dance at Nationals Elder Age - by results of Junior Russian Cup Events and Junior Nationals.

First competitions at Calendar - 1-4 Sep 2016 Moscow Open Junior Championships.
It is always interesting competition. Among winners and medalists of previous years are:
Men - Samarin, Kovtun, Pitkeev, Rigini, Denis Ten (2005).
Ladies - Tsurskaya, Sotskova, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Medvedeva, Leonova. Lipnitskaia was 4th (2009). Sotnikova 5th (2008).

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Konkina has a new partner already?
How about Vlasenko, does he have a new partner already?

Has there been any other recent split ups one should know about?

Some kind of list about recent split ups and teaming ups would be nice. The list could also include recent coaching changes.

Last edited:

madison

Record Breaker
oh, i'm so sorry to hear about Revya- Konkina split. what happened to them?
I thought they have great chemistry and a great future together.
Hope she will find a partner and compete :)

The Finn

Record Breaker
oh, i'm so sorry to hear about Revya- Konkina split. what happened to them?
I thought they have great chemistry and a great future together.
Hope she will find a partner and compete :)

Reviya wanted to compete for Georgia with Eva Khachaturian.

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to posters of this site these pairs have split up.

Anastasia Poluianova / Stepan Korotkov
Elena Ivanova / Tahir Khakimov
Daria Foka / Evgeniy Kostarev
Appollinnaria Panfilova / Maxim Selkin

New pairs
Elena Ivanova / Nikita Rahmanin
Anastasia Poluianova / Maxim Selkin

Does anyone know more pairs that have recently split up or teamed up? How about ice dance teams that have recently split up or teamed up?

hanca

Record Breaker
Egor Zakroev (Vigalova's ex partner) is on icepartnersearch. I thought Pavlova had a partner for him, otherwise what did he do the last year? Was he injured, or did he waste a year?
Maybe he could pair up with Gainedtinova or Beklemysheva. Beklemysheva just aged out, and Gainedtinova has only one year of junior eligibility anyway, so she might as well go to skate with him in seniors. They both have experience of pair skating and competing at international competitions, so it's better than a complete beginner to pairs.

hanca

Record Breaker
It is quite unusual that the Russian federation haven't published their national team (I mean the whole lot, including seniors, juniors, novice and reserve team). Usually it would have been done already. I thought it was agreed at some meeting at the end of May and now it is end of June. I am so curious to see it!

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
They are supposed to be held in Sochi on September 10th or 11th (I am not so sure about the accuracy of my memory), but the Junior test has begun, I think. I read that recently Tarasova will fly to America to assess the programs of their dancing teams there. It seems that she is very impressed by the progress of some junior dance teams.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well, it doesn't say much!

Well I'm of two minds. She doesn't use any of the imagery she used to describe I/K in their junior days; namely kissed by God, to tears etc. etc. But she does have a song in her heart this time around. So either she's learnt restraint or its the same old TAT PR.

The juniors should show their SD today, so soon enough we'll have video.:popcorn: