Eric Radford & Luis Fenero | Golden Skate

Eric Radford & Luis Fenero

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I feel like I should know where that photo was taken... Anyway, wishing them all the best!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yeah, all the best to them. They look great together. Funny that, mrrice, I thought it was Misha Ge as well :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I googled to find out who Luis is, and according to Wikipedia;

Luis Fenero (born 23 July 1992) is a Spanish ice dancer. With partner Celia Robledo, he is a two-time Spanish national junior champion and finished 16th at the 2013 World Junior Championships.....He teamed up with Robledo in 2011. They moved from Madrid, Spain to Lyon, France to train under Muriel Boucher-Zazoui and Romain Haguenauer. In July 2014, they relocated with Haguenauer to Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

That's how Eric and Luis got to meet each other I guess?

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
What happened to the older guy? With the kid and everything. I didn't know there's a new bf.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
It looks very much like The Netherlands
I feel like I should know where that photo was taken... Anyway, wishing them all the best!

- - - Updated - - -

The title of the thread is misleading—I thought it is a new pair skate couple.

berry8

Final Flight
Mumble mumble... I find it disappointing that such a lot of skaters are gay...

berry8

Final Flight
That wasn't my intention to be mean... I did wanna sound amusing/funny...
I haven't used any emoticon: me to blame...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
It looks very much like The Netherlands.
It does, doesn't it? But I haven't got a clue where... Somehow the style of the houses looks a bit off to me.
shrug, but If they are here, they sure are here at the right place at the right time, as it's Euro Pride week now. ;-)

liv

Record Breaker
I think it was the netherlands. If you look at his instagram there are lots of photos from the trip they took earlier this summer.... at least, I think it was them... my memory these days :disapp:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think it was the netherlands. If you look at his instagram there are lots of photos from the trip they took earlier this summer.... at least, I think it was them... my memory these days :disapp:

:hijacked: Alert!! Speaking of the Netherlands. I Remember going to a place called Walibi World several years ago and there was a discussion about the difference between Holland and the Netherlands. Is this a discussion that still exists? If so, what's the debate about? I never got it.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

I believe the photo was taken in Amsterdam last month while vacationing, en route to their next destination, Spain.

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think Eric is a great role model. Being "out" in figure skating is still not the norm, especially for skaters who are still actively competing, and while I understand that it's a personal matter whether or not one "reveals" their sexuality to the public, having a two time world champion do so has to be a step in the right direction.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Holland is the largest province in the Netherlands. AFAIK

Not anymore, not since 1840, I think, but yes, that is where it originated.
We have twelve provinces. North Holland and South Holland in the west. Large cities Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are there. Population-wise, they are the largest two, but size-wise, there are four larger provinces.

Think of Holland as people referring to the UK as England. People in the other provinces are more likely to object being called a Hollander. ;-) But mostly, we just use Holland and Nederland (the Netherlands) as synonyms.