Anyone on auto-renewal for icenetwork? | Golden Skate

Anyone on auto-renewal for icenetwork?

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
This is my first year on auto-renewal and I got an email saying my subscription would renew for $49.99 but the amount taken out of my account was only $24.99. Did this happen to anyone else? I can't find anywhere on my account where it shows if I'm renewed or not so I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This is my first year on auto-renewal and I got an email saying my subscription would renew for $49.99 but the amount taken out of my account was only $24.99. Did this happen to anyone else? I can't find anywhere on my account where it shows if I'm renewed or not so I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

Some people on FSU are also reporting that's what they were charged.

I beieve if you're a member of USFS or Friends of Figure Skating, that's the renewal price.

Actually I just checked my emails and I got a discount too. Not sure what's going on! I did register as a Basic Skills member several years ago, but I didn't ever notify IN of that.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was what they charged me too, and I am certainly not a member of USFS or FOFS....

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Yeah I'm not a member either. Maybe they decided to discount auto renewal. Either that or it's a glitch. Thanks for the responses.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yeah I'm not a member either. Maybe they decided to discount auto renewal. Either that or it's a glitch. Thanks for the responses.

Right I'm betting it's a glitch and we'll get charged later.

Unless they're regretting the fiasco that was TCC- I did send them an email complaining. But that seems unlikely.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Same- 24.99 charge and I'm not a member of anything... unless they're giving GS members discounts now :laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ah, I can see it all now:

November 1, 2016

Dear Ice Network Subscriber,

Some of you may be wondering why we didn't charge you the stated amount for your subscription when we renewed it last August.

In retrospect, our experience with the Team Challenge Cup made us realize how fun it is to keep you guessing, and we now know we can charge you basically anything we want to at any time for your subscription.

So guess what - that's what we're going to do from now on! Starting today, actually, in order to watch the remaining competitions this season, you'll be able to do so for an extra $9.99 - or maybe it's $19.99 - per event. Sorry, I guess we haven't actually decided how much extra to charge you yet, but don't worry, we'll absolutely let you know before Rostelecom starts in a few days!

By the way, don't expect our streaming to improve.

Sincerely,

:)

Your Ice Network Team

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
They sent an email before auto renewing which said the price for renewing members was 24.99, it's a discount for auto renewing members.mso the 24.99 is correct.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
They sent an email before auto renewing which said the price for renewing members was 24.99, it's a discount for auto renewing members.mso the 24.99 is correct.
I received 2 emails before autorenew:
The first one said the price would be $49.99.
The second one, a week later, said the price would be $49.99, but there would be a $25 discount

I received a "thank you" email after autorenewal - which also showed $49.99 with $25 discount, making the total $24.99...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aha. I think I deleted the second email going, yeah yeah IN, I know it's about to autorenew, I already read that!

Oh well. It makes me happy, and my bank balance happier.

winky97

Medalist
The second one, a week later, said the price would be $49.99, but there would be a $25 discount

I received a "thank you" email after autorenewal - which also showed $49.99 with $25 discount, making the total $24.99...

I got two emails telling me the price would be $49..99 and they have not charged my card yet.

temadd

Final Flight
I was considering not renewing this year after all the frustrations of last season but I caved. This makes me feel a little better about it.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I got two emails telling me the price would be $49..99 and they have not charged my card yet.

Curiouser and curiouser. I got two emails confirming the price would be $49.99 to auto renew and on 8/17 a confirmation that they'd applied a $25 discount and charged me $24.99. I checked Amex and they charged me $24.99.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist

Hmm..I didn't see a second email. I may have inadvertently deleted it. I did go back and find the receipt they sent me and see where it says $25 discount. Guess I should have read it all the way though. Oops. :eek:: Thanks for the info.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Paid Members of U.S. Figure Skating and those who provide annual monetary support of our skaters through Friends of Figure Skating recieve the $25.00 discount. Everyone else is charged the full $49.99 IceNetwork subscription price.

edenlover

On the Ice
Paid Members of U.S. Figure Skating and those who provide annual monetary support of our skaters through Friends of Figure Skating recieve the $25.00 discount. Everyone else is charged the full $49.99 IceNetwork subscription price.

I'm not a paid member of USFSA or Friends of FIgureskating and I also received the 25.00 discount. I've been a subscriber since the beginning of IceNetwork. With all of last year's issues, I think the $25 discount is well deserved as I was thinking seriously of non-renewing.