2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, I've booked my flights and hotel... so I suppose it's a done deal now. :laugh: just gotta decide which package I'm buying for event tickets.

Ruffles78

On the Ice
Well, I finally did it. After all these years as a figure skating fan, I'll be going to my first Nationals. I booked the flights, hotel, and bought the tickets!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, I finally did it. After all these years as a figure skating fan, I'll be going to my first Nationals. I booked the flights, hotel, and bought the tickets!

Have tickets for individual events gone on sale yet? When I go to the site, it appears that only the all event passes are available. If this is not correct, could someone please let me know where I can purchase tickets for the Ladies and Men's events. Thank you.

nguyhm

On the Ice
For the ones who have been waiting on purchasing individual tickets, I got a phone call and email from Matt Hill with the announcement that "Championship Week end package" tickets will be on sale starting on Monday Aug 7th. This package will consist of all Free Skates on the week end of Jan 5 to Jan 7 (Friday: Senior Ladies Free Skate, Saturday: Senior Pairs and Men Free Skate, Sunday: Senior Dance Free Skate). The tickets will be available on line and/or by calling Matt at 408-977-4736.
The individual tickets will be on sale in October
I'm so excited :yahoo:

icejo

Rinkside
For the ones who have been waiting on purchasing individual tickets, I got a phone call and email from Matt Hill with the announcement that "Championship Week end package" tickets will be on sale starting on Monday Aug 7th. This package will consist of all Free Skates on the week end of Jan 5 to Jan 7 (Friday: Senior Ladies Free Skate, Saturday: Senior Pairs and Men Free Skate, Sunday: Senior Dance Free Skate). The tickets will be available on line and/or by calling Matt at 408-977-4736.
The individual tickets will be on sale in October
I'm so excited :yahoo:

Did he give any indication about prices?

Urgh, I'm in a bit of a difficult situation because I want to get the package to ensure my seats to all championship w/e events...but I have two relatives who want to come to 1-2 events only! I might just have to wait for the single session tickets. But because I'm coming all the way from Australia, I do NOT want to miss out lol!! :noshake:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
The weekend package will probably be cheaper than (Ladies SP/FS + Mens SP/FS... i want this). I don't know how much cheaper because if much cheaper then i'll just get the package. lol

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Did he give any indication about prices?

Urgh, I'm in a bit of a difficult situation because I want to get the package to ensure my seats to all championship w/e events...but I have two relatives who want to come to 1-2 events only! I might just have to wait for the single session tickets. But because I'm coming all the way from Australia, I do NOT want to miss out lol!! :noshake:

The prices will be released next week. Last I spoke with Matt, he indicated that he doesn't think they will be much cheaper than the all-session packages.

As long as you don't wait till last minute, you shouldn't have any trouble getting single event tickets for all the disciplines.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Bought my all session tickets... went with the cheap seats... hopefully I can snag a better seat for practices... lol

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
All Season with Skating Spectacular
Platinum: $1,298.00
Red: $1,023.00
White: $673.00
Blue: $393.00

All Season without Skating Spectacular
Platinum: Not Available
Red: $898.00
White: $598.00
Blue: $353.00

Championship Package with Skating Spectacular
Red: $640.00
White: $365.00
Blue: $225.00

Championship Package without Skating Spectacular
Red: $515.00
White: $290.00
Blue: $185.00

PURCHASE LINK

SkaterJupiter

Spectator
I'm going to watch nationals for the first time (first time ever going to a competition) and i'm getting an upper level seat but I can't decide whether to sit kind of behind the kiss and cry or across from it in the other corner thats not on the judges' side. does it matter much? like can you still see the skaters if you're behind/above the k&c? the seats are selling out fast so any tips would be welcome

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm going to watch nationals for the first time (first time ever going to a competition) and i'm getting an upper level seat but I can't decide whether to sit kind of behind the kiss and cry or across from it in the other corner thats not on the judges' side. does it matter much? like can you still see the skaters if you're behind/above the k&c? the seats are selling out fast so any tips would be welcome

If you're sitting behind the K&C you usually can't see anything after the skaters have left the ice (but may depend on the setup at that particular venue).

The area opposite of this you mentioned would probably be better, as this would place you in lutz corner.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Does anyone have an idea how much an individual ticket would be just for one event? I live in the area but don't have much of a budget for this type of thing. Would love to see it though.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Just a friendly tip. I have been going to nats since 2007 and many of the comps/practices are lightly attended. You will be able to move down to the lower level for many like Juniors FS and take seats that are empty and watch and learn what you can see and not see from various parts of the arena. My seat is in Sec 121 first row next to the skaters entry and Kiss and Cry. I like to see the expressions on the skaters faces as they come off the ice after their performances and watch the interaction between the skaters and their coaches. If someone says you are sitting in their seat. no worries. Just smile and move. If you get hooked on this event, you may carry a bit of cash and find someone selling main event singles tickets that are in the lower bowl that they are trying to dump in a hurry and score a good ticket for your favorite event. I nominate sabinfire as GS social director for the event so you might contact him as some of us might give away our Gala tickets. ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If anyone has any idea where US Nats 2019 is going to be, I would be interested. I can cruise to Hawaii for about the same money as attending nats in some frozen far north city.
Cant wait for San Jose!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So Supershuttle from the airport to the hotel and back seems really expensive. what are my options (other than uber because I just don't trust that I won't get an axe murderer as my driver lol)? Would a cab be cheaper? Anyone know?

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
So Supershuttle from the airport to the hotel and back seems really expensive. what are my options (other than uber because I just don't trust that I won't get an axe murderer as my driver lol)? Would a cab be cheaper? Anyone know?

I've felt more comfortable with my Uber drivers than the cabbies I've had lol. Is your hotel near a light rail station? The light rail runs to the airport.

http://www.vta.org/routes/rt901